From The Lab Subscription Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone out there sign up for this box? I know I read about it on another forum (somewhere in MUT, can't remember where) - just got my invitation code yesterday! And since it's just starting, they are offering a "charter membership" for $19.99 plus shipping per month. Since I have zero self control, I subbed.

Looks like the first box (for me anyway) will be in July - anyone else signed up? I'm pretty excited, it sounds like it could be really cool. 

https://fromthelab.com/

Ah, I'm on the fence!  I signed up all the way until I realized there was no Paypal payment option.  That always makes me nervous....

I am also intrigued by this one...my friend sent me the link yesterday so I thought I'd check here to see what everyone thought.  I am definitely interested in the discount for life, but not if it turns out to be some shady service.  

The website setup reminds me of the popsugar must have one.  Hope that doesn't mean all of the sign up information is displayed indefinitely.  

I am really excited to hear about this. My friend's sister is a chemist for a major cosmetics company so she would always give us some great samples to try - even before it was out on shelves and I miss those days. It really depends on which labs they are sourcing them from, I guess. I think I will sub and see what happens because I can't help myself.

It sounds kind of neat, but they say 1 to 3 samples, so you never really know.

Also I find it funny how they say "no drugstore samples" as a lot of the big companies have high end and drugstore items that are almost the same.

Estee Lauder owns high end and drugstore brands, same for L'oreal- I posted a list of who owns what on my blog last year.
I was very surprised.

A lot of the big companies also do their own research, so I think it is  a bit too vague for me to sign up.

I know a few companies online who I buy from have sent me sample of either makeup or skincare before they sold it online- but it was not very big companies.

-one was a mineral makeup company that sent me samples of a bunch of colors before they were sold online when I placed an order (these were colors that were only listed 3 months later).

Guess I will watch for now as I do not know enough yet....

This thread peaked my interest, so I subbed. Just received the June box. Shipping was super fast, only 2 days from when I got the shipping email. The only problem was that the email did not include a tracking number, just a notice that the box had shipped.

They also send an email with a link to the member page that discusses the current months products if you want spoilers before your box arrives.

The pamphlet that comes with the box does a great job of explaining the products and how to use them. So do the videos on the member page.

For those interested, here is what came in the June box...along with a teaser for July

Face Primer No. 327 - An anti-aging, CC, pore minimizing primer. Packaged in an air tight pump. 0.81 oz...Easily enough for 30 days use.

Eyelid Primer No. 328 - A sheer beige color that can be used under any color with the effects said to last 12 hours. It actually has a nice light sparkle to it, so it can be used alone as a light shadow itself. Packaged in a tube with a wand applicator like a lip gloss would be. 0.31 oz...this will last for a while since a little goes a long way.

The teaser they left us with for next month's box is..."2 products...skincare....from Sweden."
So with that, I will continue to sub for a while. Although I have not had time to really test the products, I am happy with the quality (no chemically smells, good packaging, and enough product to feel like I got my moneys worth) Although the products are available for members to buy individually, it would be nice to know which brand names these products will be sold as when they hit the market, so if I truly love it, I can invest in it again in the future. Guess that's all confidential for a while...

Also, found it kind of strange that the company states its located in Beverly Hills, the address is even listed on the products labels, however the shipping indicated it came from Southeastern Pennsylvania. Meh...no biggie I guess.

Hope this helps some of you who are on the fence about subbing!

Thanks you for showing us what you received. Do they list the ingredients of the products either on the pamphlet or website? I would like to sub, but I have breakout probe skin and there are some ingredients I avoid. I wouldn't mind receiving items that contain them, I'd just want to know, so I could pass that item onto a friend or put it on my trade list.

This thread peaked my interest, so I subbed. Just received the June box. Shipping was super fast, only 2 days from when I got the shipping email. The only problem was that the email did not include a tracking number, just a notice that the box had shipped. They also send an email with a link to the member page that discusses the current months products if you want spoilers before your box arrives. The pamphlet that comes with the box does a great job of explaincing the products and how to use them. So do the videos on the member page. For those interested, here is what came in the June box...along with a teaser for July
Face Primer No. 327 - An anti-aging, CC, pore minimizing primer. Packaged in an air tight pump. 0.81 oz...Easily enough for 30 days use. Eyelid Primer No. 328 - A sheer beige color that can be used under any color with the effects said to last 12 hours. It actually has a nice light sparkle to it, so it can be used alone as a light shadow itself. Packaged in a tube with a wand applicator like a lip gloss would be. 0.31 oz...this will last for a while since a little goes a long way. The teaser they left us with for next month's box is..."2 products...skincare....from Sweden."
So with that, I will continue to sub for a while. Although I have not had time to really test the products, I am happy with the quality (no chemically smells, good packaging, and enough product to feel like I got my moneys worth) Although the products are available for members to buy individually, it would be nice to know which brand names these products will be sold as when they hit the market, so if I truly love it, I can invest in it again in the future. Guess that's all confidential for a while... Also, found it kind of strange that the company states its located in Beverly Hills, the address is even listed on the products labels, however the shipping indicated it came from Southeastern Pennsylvania. Meh...no biggie I guess. Hope this helps some of you who are on the fence about subbing!

I'm intrigued about this subscription, I might sign up to try out one month.

i too got my box - super fast shipping! so far i'm pleased with this box - i felt for the $19.95 charter membership price, i definitetly got a good value as i'd spend at least $20 on each of the items in the box. 

not sure if i was just super sleepy when i tried it this morning, but after putting on the primer, i felt like my skin looked better! also i can't get enough eyelid primer, it's the one product i go through on a regular basis. i'm pretty partial to smashbox eyelid primer, but i'm open to finding a new favorite!

Originally Posted by Soxi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks you for showing us what you received. Do they list the ingredients of the products either on the pamphlet or website? I would like to sub, but I have breakout probe skin and there are some ingredients I avoid. I wouldn't mind receiving items that contain them, I'd just want to know, so I could pass that item onto a friend or put it on my trade list.
You're welcome! Yes, they list them on the website in the member section. I have included a couple of screenshots for you for this months products. Hopefully it will be big enough to read when you click on the photo to enlarge it.

You're welcome! Yes, they list them on the website in the member section. I have included a couple of screenshots for you for this months products. Hopefully it will be big enough to read when you click on the photo to enlarge it.
Great, thank you! I just subscribed. I like the idea...I do hope when a product you were sent is released to the market they email you and let you know what brand and that it's available...unless the item remains for sale in their shop indefinitely and you can still repurchase if you like it.

I think the face primer is Sonia Kashuk's Perfecting Brightening Primer ($14.99 ARV) from their LE 2013 Spring Collection for Target. You can look it up on their site here: http://soniakashuk.com/sk-MTA_prod.php?sk=521

The eye primer is actually not a primer, but a Long Lasting Cream Eye Shadow by Rouge Bunny Rouge in Brocade Skipper ($31 ARV). Link to the product here: http://en.rougebunnyrouge.com/long-lasting-cream-eye-shadow.html

I'm not a huge sleuth and I could be wrong about both of these, but I compared the ingredient lists and they are identical :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Either way, both of these seem like great products, I subscribed because I want to try them both, and already received my shipping email this morning.

I think the face primer is Sonia Kashuk's Perfecting Brightening Primer ($14.99 ARV) from their LE 2013 Spring Collection for Target. You can look it up on their site here: http://soniakashuk.com/sk-MTA_prod.php?sk=521 The eye primer is actually not a primer, but a Long Lasting Cream Eye Shadow by Rouge Bunny Rouge in Brocade Skipper ($31 ARV). Link to the product here: http://en.rougebunnyrouge.com/long-lasting-cream-eye-shadow.html I'm not a huge sleuth and I could be wrong about both of these, but I compared the ingredient lists and they are identical :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Either way, both of these seem like great products, I subscribed because I want to try them both, and already received my shipping email this morning.
I thought they send products that haven't been released yet, or did I just make that assumption? I'm really intrigued by the eye primer/shadow, I might have to check out your link since I think it's too late to receive June's box.

I signed up today. I kept going back and forth with it but I eventually gave in. I'll give it three months to see if its a keeper.

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the face primer is Sonia Kashuk's Perfecting Brightening Primer ($14.99 ARV) from their LE 2013 Spring Collection for Target. You can look it up on their site here: http://soniakashuk.com/sk-MTA_prod.php?sk=521

The eye primer is actually not a primer, but a Long Lasting Cream Eye Shadow by Rouge Bunny Rouge in Brocade Skipper ($31 ARV). Link to the product here: http://en.rougebunnyrouge.com/long-lasting-cream-eye-shadow.html

I'm not a huge sleuth and I could be wrong about both of these, but I compared the ingredient lists and they are identical :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Either way, both of these seem like great products, I subscribed because I want to try them both, and already received my shipping email this morning.
The sub states the products sent are lab runs of items that are 6-18 months from hitting retail stores...however comparing ingredient lists is such a good idea! I am loving both products so far and now that I know there are possible substitutes out there, I may lean towards them if the price is better than buying direct from From the Lab. Thanks for posting!

Originally Posted by naturalactions /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The sub states the products sent are lab runs of items that are 6-18 months from hitting retail stores...however comparing ingredient lists is such a good idea! I am loving both products so far and now that I know there are possible substitutes out there, I may lean towards them if the price is better than buying direct from From the Lab. Thanks for posting!
Like I said, I'm not as good of a spoiler detective as some of the girls on these forums, so I could be way off with these guesses :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Even if I am right and both of these products are already in stores, they're still using new formulas which goes well with the "new and revolutionary" theme From The Lab seems to be going for. The reason I could easily find both of these matches is because very few products out there use these specific extracts in their formulas, which makes them fairly unique. So I don't even care if they're actually released or yet to be released as long as I get to try one-of-a-kind formulas, as long as the product is not too outdated :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Soooo tempted.  The thought of getting something that no one else (un-subbed) can get drives me wild.  My credit card is dancing inside my wallet right now.  So it looks like everyone gets the same products, not the variety that we are used to?  

Already received my box today - the shipping was very fast! I'll let you know what I think about the products after I try them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Already received my box today - the shipping was very fast! I'll let you know what I think about the products after I try them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That was quick. I dont think i made the cutoff for the primers. oh well.. Now just waiting for your review :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*Squeal!*  Have fun!  Tell us, tell us!

Latest posts

Back