-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Julep Destination Mystery Box

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 48 OFFLINE   ydlr20

ydlr20

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:46 AM

Just got an email about the Destination Mystery Box. So wanted to start this thread so we can discuss it here. The three destinations are Laguna Beach, Miami and The Hamptons. I'm thinking of getting it since I skipped the last mystery box. Anyone else thinking of getting it?

#Post 2 of 48 OFFLINE   ydlr20

ydlr20

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:52 AM

And just realized that there are three mystery boxes. I first thought that you would get a guaranteed nail polish inspired by one of the three destinations. Great now my decision is three times as hard. Leaning towards Miami, but don't know. Decision, decisions!!!

#Post 3 of 48 OFFLINE   easteregg

easteregg

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 17-December 12
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

I ordered the Hamptons. 

#Post 4 of 48 OFFLINE   ydlr20

ydlr20

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

I was really close to ordering all three, but I snapped myself out of it and only ordered one. I went for the Miami mystery box.

#Post 5 of 48 OFFLINE   OiiO

OiiO

✿ Anastasia ✿

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts
  • Joined 06-June 12
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by easteregg View Post

I ordered the Hamptons. 

Same :) I'm usually not into crazy colors, even for summer.

blog: Glamorable! // twitter: @GlamorableBlog // instagram: @Glamorable

#Post 6 of 48 ONLINE   Kyuu

Kyuu

/人◕‿‿◕人\

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
  • Joined 16-August 12
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

If I were to match up the boxes with profiles I'd probably say:

Hamptons: CWaT

Miami: It Girl (IG tends to get the glitter polishes)

Laguna Beach: Bombshell with a mix of Boho

:S

Visit my blog | A little vanity never hurt anyonehttp://evervain.com/

Find me on | Twitter Tumblr Trades (coming...soon?)

#Post 7 of 48 OFFLINE   AmandaMaven

AmandaMaven

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Joined 27-April 13
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

I was leaning toward Laguna Beach... I really want to get this box, but I just don't know... money will be a little tight until next Friday, so I might just wait until closer to that time to order

Come check out my blog:

Subscriprion Maven

for subscription box new, reviews and other fun stuff

#Post 8 of 48 OFFLINE   CBritt

CBritt

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

I just resubbed to Julep, and I really want this box too. I'm debating between Laguna Beach and the Hampton's. Decisions, decisions. 

#Post 9 of 48 OFFLINE   ydlr20

ydlr20

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

Just got tracking confirmation on the mystery box. That was really fast.

#Post 10 of 48 OFFLINE   kamanda85

kamanda85

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 17-March 13
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

I just resubbed to Julep, and I really want this box too. I'm debating between Laguna Beach and the Hampton's. Decisions, decisions. 

I'm having trouble deciding too! I've only Been a Maven for 3 months now and haven't bought any mystery boxes yet, so I'm hoping I wouldn't receive any dupes. I'm trying to decide between Miami and Laguna Beach.

#Post 11 of 48 OFFLINE   jhans0717

jhans0717

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 02-May 13
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

Is anyone else having trouble placing an order on the site? I emailed them about the error pop up box, and got an automated response that said a real response might take 3-6 business days... Boo! I just want to give julep more money! Why won't they take it? Haha

#Post 12 of 48 OFFLINE   normajean2008

normajean2008

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Joined 20-September 12
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by jhans0717 View Post

Is anyone else having trouble placing an order on the site? I emailed them about the error pop up box, and got an automated response that said a real response might take 3-6 business days... Boo! I just want to give julep more money! Why won't they take it? Haha

Yeah they are REALLY backed up on email responses.  It usually only takes a day or three to get response back by email, and it is currently 3-6 days with the backlog.  If it is something you need fast response you have to call. 

What kind of error is it giving you?

I know sometimes the website gives unknown errors to people trying to check out with something in their cart that just went out of stock. I don't know what you're buying, but that'd be my first suggestion to check each item and make sure it doesn't say out of stock now. If it is a billing error, try re entering your card information as a new card, I've read that works earlier today.

All I do know is don't try to order over and over if it gives you errors, or you might end up being charged for them.  Some people have gotten multiple errors when trying to order, and ended up with 2+ charges even though it said there was an error. Julep refunded the extra charges to those people, but depending on your money situation, it could give you problems in the meantime.

#Post 13 of 48 OFFLINE   jhans0717

jhans0717

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 02-May 13
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Yeah they are REALLY backed up on email responses.  It usually only takes a day or three to get response back by email, and it is currently 3-6 days with the backlog.  If it is something you need fast response you have to call.  What kind of error is it giving you? I know sometimes the website gives unknown errors to people trying to check out with something in their cart that just went out of stock. I don't know what you're buying, but that'd be my first suggestion to check each item and make sure it doesn't say out of stock now. If it is a billing error, try re entering your card information as a new card, I've read that works earlier today. All I do know is don't try to order over and over if it gives you errors, or you might end up being charged for them.  Some people have gotten multiple errors when trying to order, and ended up with 2+ charges even though it said there was an error. Julep refunded the extra charges to those people, but depending on your money situation, it could give you problems in the meantime.

I'm trying to get one of the destination boxes which really shouldn't be out of stock yet. Also its says something along the lines of "an error has occured please contact maven@julep.com if problem continues" I'll try re-entering my credit card info and hope for the best but grrr. ETD: just checked and my card info is correct and the item is in stock so who knows what's causing this problem...

#Post 14 of 48 OFFLINE   Yeti

Yeti

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Joined 22-October 12
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by jhans0717 View Post

I'm trying to get one of the destination boxes which really shouldn't be out of stock yet. Also its says something along the lines of "an error has occured please contact maven@julep.com if problem continues" I'll try re-entering my credit card info and hope for the best but grrr.
ETD: just checked and my card info is correct and the item is in stock so who knows what's causing this problem...

I had a similar message last week when I tried to purchase from the secret store.  I entered an entirely different cc and it worked.  I was also one of the ones with the June box billing issue, so maybe they still haven't straightened everything out.

#Post 15 of 48 OFFLINE   jhans0717

jhans0717

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 02-May 13
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

I had a similar message last week when I tried to purchase from the secret store.  I entered an entirely different cc and it worked.  I was also one of the ones with the June box billing issue, so maybe they still haven't straightened everything out.

Hopefully they'll get it figured out or I guess they just won't get my money. I also was going to buy from the secret store and this happened so they lost my money from that. Hmm I guess it's better for my wallet if it doesn't get figured out but this reoccurring error crap is just annoying.

#Post 16 of 48 OFFLINE   easteregg

easteregg

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 17-December 12
Reviews

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

I had to click over and over to get my order to go through.  Finally I used a different card, yet the other card was just fine.  Who knows?

#Post 17 of 48 ONLINE   LuckyMoon

LuckyMoon

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
  • Joined 04-May 13
Reviews

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by ydlr20 View Post

Just got tracking confirmation on the mystery box. That was really fast.

Sadly I'm not ordering a mystery box.

Please let us know what you get when your box arrives. Thanks!

Trade List updated 10/26:

http://www.makeuptal...ons-trade-list/

#Post 18 of 48 OFFLINE   lepixie

lepixie

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 08-June 13
Reviews

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:02 AM

I just joined Julep recently and have only received the Boho Glam intro box.  I was so excited when I saw the e-mail for the mystery box.  At first, I was going to get the Hamptons box, but changed my mind and got Laguna Beach.  I received my tracking info yesterday, but it only says that the electronic info has been received.  Can't wait to see what others get.

#Post 19 of 48 OFFLINE   jenmonique1971

jenmonique1971

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
Reviews

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

I got Hamptons. I may order a Laguna on my husband's. pay day if I like the unboxings.

#Post 20 of 48 OFFLINE   r4chel77

r4chel77

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Joined 22-February 13
Reviews

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

on facebook, julep has said if there's an issue, enter the card manually rather than selecting it from your card info. does that make sense? it's a weird glitch that caused the billing issues prior to the june boxes being sent out.

hope that helps.