Julep Destination Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just got an email about the Destination Mystery Box. So wanted to start this thread so we can discuss it here. The three destinations are Laguna Beach, Miami and The Hamptons. I'm thinking of getting it since I skipped the last mystery box. Anyone else thinking of getting it?

ImageProxy.mvc

And just realized that there are three mystery boxes. I first thought that you would get a guaranteed nail polish inspired by one of the three destinations. Great now my decision is three times as hard. Leaning towards Miami, but don't know. Decision, decisions!!!

I was really close to ordering all three, but I snapped myself out of it and only ordered one. I went for the Miami mystery box.

Originally Posted by easteregg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered the Hamptons. 
Same :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm usually not into crazy colors, even for summer.

If I were to match up the boxes with profiles I'd probably say:

Hamptons: CWaT

Miami: It Girl (IG tends to get the glitter polishes)

Laguna Beach: Bombshell with a mix of Boho

:S

I was leaning toward Laguna Beach... I really want to get this box, but I just don't know... money will be a little tight until next Friday, so I might just wait until closer to that time to order

I just resubbed to Julep, and I really want this box too. I'm debating between Laguna Beach and the Hampton's. Decisions, decisions. 

Just got tracking confirmation on the mystery box. That was really fast.

I just resubbed to Julep, and I really want this box too. I'm debating between Laguna Beach and the Hampton's. Decisions, decisions. 
I'm having trouble deciding too! I've only Been a Maven for 3 months now and haven't bought any mystery boxes yet, so I'm hoping I wouldn't receive any dupes. I'm trying to decide between Miami and Laguna Beach.

Is anyone else having trouble placing an order on the site? I emailed them about the error pop up box, and got an automated response that said a real response might take 3-6 business days... Boo! I just want to give julep more money! Why won't they take it? Haha

Originally Posted by jhans0717 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone else having trouble placing an order on the site? I emailed them about the error pop up box, and got an automated response that said a real response might take 3-6 business days... Boo! I just want to give julep more money! Why won't they take it? Haha
Yeah they are REALLY backed up on email responses.  It usually only takes a day or three to get response back by email, and it is currently 3-6 days with the backlog.  If it is something you need fast response you have to call. 

What kind of error is it giving you?

I know sometimes the website gives unknown errors to people trying to check out with something in their cart that just went out of stock. I don't know what you're buying, but that'd be my first suggestion to check each item and make sure it doesn't say out of stock now. If it is a billing error, try re entering your card information as a new card, I've read that works earlier today.

All I do know is don't try to order over and over if it gives you errors, or you might end up being charged for them.  Some people have gotten multiple errors when trying to order, and ended up with 2+ charges even though it said there was an error. Julep refunded the extra charges to those people, but depending on your money situation, it could give you problems in the meantime.

Yeah they are REALLY backed up on email responses.  It usually only takes a day or three to get response back by email, and it is currently 3-6 days with the backlog.  If it is something you need fast response you have to call.  What kind of error is it giving you? I know sometimes the website gives unknown errors to people trying to check out with something in their cart that just went out of stock. I don't know what you're buying, but that'd be my first suggestion to check each item and make sure it doesn't say out of stock now. If it is a billing error, try re entering your card information as a new card, I've read that works earlier today. All I do know is don't try to order over and over if it gives you errors, or you might end up being charged for them.  Some people have gotten multiple errors when trying to order, and ended up with 2+ charges even though it said there was an error. Julep refunded the extra charges to those people, but depending on your money situation, it could give you problems in the meantime.
I'm trying to get one of the destination boxes which really shouldn't be out of stock yet. Also its says something along the lines of "an error has occured please contact [email protected] if problem continues" I'll try re-entering my credit card info and hope for the best but grrr. ETD: just checked and my card info is correct and the item is in stock so who knows what's causing this problem...

Originally Posted by jhans0717 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm trying to get one of the destination boxes which really shouldn't be out of stock yet. Also its says something along the lines of "an error has occured please contact [email protected] if problem continues" I'll try re-entering my credit card info and hope for the best but grrr.

ETD: just checked and my card info is correct and the item is in stock so who knows what's causing this problem...
I had a similar message last week when I tried to purchase from the secret store.  I entered an entirely different cc and it worked.  I was also one of the ones with the June box billing issue, so maybe they still haven't straightened everything out.

I had a similar message last week when I tried to purchase from the secret store.  I entered an entirely different cc and it worked.  I was also one of the ones with the June box billing issue, so maybe they still haven't straightened everything out.
Hopefully they'll get it figured out or I guess they just won't get my money. I also was going to buy from the secret store and this happened so they lost my money from that. Hmm I guess it's better for my wallet if it doesn't get figured out but this reoccurring error crap is just annoying.

I had to click over and over to get my order to go through.  Finally I used a different card, yet the other card was just fine.  Who knows?

Originally Posted by ydlr20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got tracking confirmation on the mystery box. That was really fast.
Sadly I'm not ordering a mystery box.

Please let us know what you get when your box arrives. Thanks!

I just joined Julep recently and have only received the Boho Glam intro box.  I was so excited when I saw the e-mail for the mystery box.  At first, I was going to get the Hamptons box, but changed my mind and got Laguna Beach.  I received my tracking info yesterday, but it only says that the electronic info has been received.  Can't wait to see what others get.

on facebook, julep has said if there's an issue, enter the card manually rather than selecting it from your card info. does that make sense? it's a weird glitch that caused the billing issues prior to the june boxes being sent out.

hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back