Square Hue - July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaganola

Uh Huh Her
Reaction score
Interesting:  There are two different preview pictures this time around!

I can see this being red, white, and blue, like the flag -- and I can see this being olive, khaki, and navy, like uniforms.  I really hope for the latter.  

Has anyone's box shipped yet? The couple months I was subbed I had my box by the 1st, so I'm just curious.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone's box shipped yet? The couple months I was subbed I had my box by the 1st, so I'm just curious.
I just received my shipping notice, so it has begun!

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just received my shipping notice, so it has begun!
Ditto! Now I wait impatiently to see what colors they have this month!

I signed up with the deal and this is my first month.  I got mine today and I love it!

Royal blue - Patriot

Olive Green - Valor
Gold - Honor   Gorgeous colours and the formula is ah-may-zing!

Not the best pictures but you get the idea.  The blue and olive are high shine cremes.  The gold is metallic without being streaky like China Glaze Passion.  All of them go on like a dream.

Julep seriously chapped my ass and I cancelled.  This seems like a MUCH better sub.  Full size and the bottles are awesome.  These won't tip over and spill out.  I hated the Julep bottles so so so much!

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I signed up with the deal and this is my first month.  I got mine today and I love it!

Royal blue - Patriot

Olive Green - Valor
Gold - Honor   Gorgeous colours and the formula is ah-may-zing!

Not the best pictures but you get the idea.

So excited! Those are super pretty.  Mine should be here today! :)

You're going to love them.  Wait 'till you see the formula!  So easy to apply...very even.  Not too thick or thin.  I know I am going to love these.  Makes me wish I signed up at the start.  Off to ebay to look for the rest of the line.

I received my first box today

I'm not too excited about it. The green is unique to my collection but it's not something I'm excited to wear...which is probably why I don't own any. The gold is a pretty close dupe for China Glaze Midnight Kiss, which I own. The blue is nice, it's got a lot of purple in it which I like, AND it's a color I don't own. It looks like a Sinful Shine color that I had been thinking about picking up, so I'm happy about that one.
I'm going to cancel this one in favor of the new Bondi polish sub that starts next month. They will also have 3 full sized polishes, plus a beauty item for 19.99.

This was my 7th box and I wasn't thrilled about it. I went to my rack and looked at the past colors and realized I only really like about 4 of them. So I suspended my account.

I am also going to be giving Bondi a try.

This is the 2nd month I've skipped. If I skip next month then I'll be cancelling.

Got my box! Yay!

I love the olive and the blue (I'm thinking they will be great under effect top coats like Julep's Adele or that essence holo I picked up yesterday), and I'm *really* happy they didn't go with the usual red-white-and-blue for July, but I would have preferred something other than gold for the third color. We've already received champagne toast and blond ale. Honor is a little different from blond ale (the former is more of a foil than the latter, and it's a tiny bit yellower), but I would have rather that the third color be something radically different from what they have done already.
If I was paying the $21 rate, I don't think I would stick with it, but I did get the $14.99 rate, so I'm not planning on bailing any time soon. It's still worth $15 to me.

You don't get to stay at the $14.99 price forever.  It was a one-off to get people to join.  Your next month will be $21.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box! Yay!
I love the olive and the blue (I'm thinking they will be great under effect top coats like Julep's Adele or that essence holo I picked up yesterday), and I'm *really* happy they didn't go with the usual red-white-and-blue for July, but I would have preferred something other than gold for the third color. We've already received champagne toast and blond ale. Honor is a little different from blond ale (the former is more of a foil than the latter, and it's a tiny bit yellower), but I would have rather that the third color be something radically different from what they have done already.
If I was paying the $21 rate, I don't think I would stick with it, but I did get the $14.99 rate, so I'm not planning on bailing any time soon. It's still worth $15 to me.

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You don't get to stay at the $14.99 price forever.  It was a one-off to get people to join.  Your next month will be $21.
Not necessarily.  The limited time introductory sign-up price back in December was $14.99 for the life of the user's subscription.  That's the plan I'm under, and I'm happy with that price.

Just got my July box.  Will be interesting to see if I have any dupes.

Not necessarily.  The limited time introductory sign-up price back in December was $14.99 for the life of the user's subscription.  That's the plan I'm under, and I'm happy with that price. Just got my July box.  Will be interesting to see if I have any dupes.
Yup, I signed up right around Thanksgiving, so I have the lifetime $14.99 plan. I wasn't sure it was going to be worth the risk, but I shrugged and signed up anyway. So far, it averages out to be worth it even when it's a month when I don't wear anything (May, I'm looking at you).

I got in my box yesterday, and I liked it a lot better then the other box I got. If this box would be $14.99 forever I would probably keep it, but I still don't feel like its worth the $21, even though I really love all 3 polish colors!

Wacky. I just went by the Chanel counter, and the olive and gold are practically dupes for two of the Chanel fall nail colors.

Yes, but not this recent special.  It goes back up to $21 next month.

Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not necessarily.  The limited time introductory sign-up price back in December was $14.99 for the life of the user's subscription.  That's the plan I'm under, and I'm happy with that price.

Just got my July box.  Will be interesting to see if I have any dupes.

Latest posts

Back