Escape Monthly

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looks like a spa/food box similar to Hammock pack. Each month will have a destination theme with the lure of winning a potential actual trip for two.   Cost is $50/month, they're offering a discount code (no referral link) of $10 off "for life" so the subscription is 39.99.  Code is YOURESCAPE

http://www.escapemonthly.com/

I signed up for one month. First box ships in August. I'm a little leery of being an early adopter, but I'm about to can one subscription (wantable) so this will slot in, instead) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Great concept, but I don't think I want to invest in a pricey sub right now.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you get! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am curious to see how close your actual box is to the photo they have posted. It would be a interesting to see if they post full spoilers like that each month. Please keep us posted and good luck with the drawing!

(P.S. I am with you on dropping Wantable, I picked up a Limited Edition Umba Box sub instead.)

i just signed up, but now I don't know if I should have :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The payment page told me I'd be charged now, and then monthly starting 7/27. But the congratulations page and email says they don't start until August. I don't understand why or for what I'm being charged for now, if they don't start until August? I already emailed support to clarify, but has anybody else signed up and noticed this discrepancy?

So tempted to sign up, especially with the coupon code. But I'm trying to keep my subs very, very minimal through the summer, so...
frown.gif

Actually looks like a nice sub. I've just started to get into the boxes and have already found some really good ones.

I thought this one sounded promising until I was reading through subscriptionboxes.com and the darned pop-up for this came up every thirty seconds!  It drove me freaking nuts....now I refuse to join on principle!  But I'm excited to see what everyone gets...

Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

​
i just signed up, but now I don't know if I should have
frown.gif

The payment page told me I'd be charged now, and then monthly starting 7/27. But the congratulations page and email says they don't start until August.

I don't understand why or for what I'm being charged for now, if they don't start until August? I already emailed support to clarify, but has anybody else signed up and noticed this discrepancy?
Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm really hoping it's not a case of charge for the next month before the first month gets shipped, like Fancybox.  That was why I dropped Fancy. We'll see.  I give them 1 month to get it done right. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Plus I'd really, really love a trip to Napa, my former roomie and his wife live close by and I can't afford to haul my boyfriend and myself out to see them right now.

Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm really hoping it's not a case of charge for the next month before the first month gets shipped, like Fancybox.  That was why I dropped Fancy. We'll see.  I give them 1 month to get it done right. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Plus I'd really, really love a trip to Napa, my former roomie and his wife live close by and I can't afford to haul my boyfriend and myself out to see them right now.
I never got a reply for my first email to them, so I sent in a message on their contact pop out on their website.  They responded back that same day, maybe because I mentioned being concerned for lack of response, lol? Who knows?

They told me that it was a mistake on their website, it should say the next charge starts August 27th, and that they will be fixing it in a couple days.

So you have the initial charge, then again in August, no charge in July. 

I'm so excited and curious about this box!  I don't like doing subs this expensive, but it seemed like something fun for me and the husband to enjoy together on a date night/weekend.  And I probably wont ever win one of the trips, but at least it is a possibility! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I figure, if the boxes are as good as the one they show, it would cost the same, if not more, to buy it all myself.  This would take the chore out of picking the things out between stores.  I figure I'll give it 2-3 months to really test it out. 

This box sounds awesome, but expensive... *le sigh*  Looking forward to seeing what you get!

Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never got a reply for my first email to them, so I sent in a message on their contact pop out on their website.  They responded back that same day, maybe because I mentioned being concerned for lack of response, lol? Who knows?

They told me that it was a mistake on their website, it should say the next charge starts August 27th, and that they will be fixing it in a couple days.

So you have the initial charge, then again in August, no charge in July. 

I'm so excited and curious about this box!  I don't like doing subs this expensive, but it seemed like something fun for me and the husband to enjoy together on a date night/weekend.  And I probably wont ever win one of the trips, but at least it is a possibility! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I figure, if the boxes are as good as the one they show, it would cost the same, if not more, to buy it all myself.  This would take the chore out of picking the things out between stores.  I figure I'll give it 2-3 months to really test it out. 
Awesome, thanks for checking and getting back to us on the charge!

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought this one sounded promising until I was reading through subscriptionboxes.com and the darned pop-up for this came up every thirty seconds!  It drove me freaking nuts....now I refuse to join on principle!  But I'm excited to see what everyone gets...
I won't sign up because they are in the US and I'm not at the moment.

But also they messed up spelling a region of Spain?

From the FAQ, What's inside:

""....and from Sicily to Barsolona."

-supposed to be BARCELONA.

Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but this is a travel box about destinations so.......

Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*cringe* 

I agree that the chance of winning a vacation is a nice draw. But then I think they are pulling money away from box items to provide the vacation for someone else.  I'm a bit pessimistic as I feel they could easily rig this up to give their friends the vacations.  Just sayin'.

Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I won't sign up because they are in the US and I'm not at the moment.

But also they messed up spelling a region of Spain?

From the FAQ, What's inside:

Actually THAT was the reason why I didn't subscribe. 

It’s listed on subscriptionboxes.com as having 5–10 items. Some that I recognize from the photo:

Tea Forté: $5,

Lonely Planet guide: $5

Divine chocolate bar: $3

Mezzetta olives: $4.50

Tea honey: $5.50

Pumice brush: $5 

Greenscape body lotion: $11

Antiguan Aromas soap: $5

Even if you were lucky and got 10 items, it would probably just barely reach $50. I’m a little wary of the mention of gift certificates. 

It might not be a bad deal though, since the travel theme is interesting and the price includes shipping. It does seem like it would be fun to get, just probably more of a break-even box in terms of value. 

Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It’s listed on subscriptionboxes.com as having 5–10 items. Some that I recognize from the photo:

Tea Forté: $5,

Lonely Planet guide: $5

Divine chocolate bar: $3

Mezzetta olives: $4.50

Tea honey: $5.50

Pumice brush: $5 

Greenscape body lotion: $11

Antiguan Aromas soap: $5

Even if you were lucky and got 10 items, it would probably just barely reach $50. I’m a little wary of the mention of gift certificates. 

It might not be a bad deal though, since the travel theme is interesting and the price includes shipping. It does seem like it would be fun to get, just probably more of a break-even box in terms of value. 
Kind of like hammock pack, as long as they are good items, I'm not super concerned with getting a way more value than the cost of the box, but I like the mini vacation experience.  I think Hammock Pack does an awesome job of this, so I'm hoping Escape is just as good. 

I'm really looking forward to this box and couldn't resist jumping in with the introductory offer! Can't wait to get that first box... August has never felt so far away.

I don't know if anybody is concerned by this, but there was some interesting bait and switch going on with the company's answers, so I thought I'd share.

I was looking around to see if the first box we'd receive would be like the box they show at sign up.  I saw somebody ask on facebook about it, about a month ago, and they went ignored by the company.

So I asked them again if the box shown represents what we'll be receiving with our first box, or if it is just a stock photo of examples. Because the box they are advertising makes it seem/look like that's what size box we'll get/size of products/brands, etc.  But they had just told somebody on facebook it will only be 7-10 items monthly.  Which is like half of what they show.  I don't see how that few of products, most of which being teas or foods, will be great enough value to justify the cost.  I was expecting it to be like what they showed, because every other company-what they show is usually about what you get (product size/quantity..even though the actual products are different).  If it is only 5-10 items, even if they are high dollar luxury items, if you end up not liking or able to use 1-2 products even, it makes it a bad value to the cost of the box.  It doesn't matter if the item is expensive or luxury if you can't use it or don't like it..something the company doesn't seem to understand or acknowledge.  They just keep repeating, "I'm sure you'll love your box, it is filled with expensive luxury items!".. sigh..

The company responded back to my post that the box shown is only an example of products you could receive over the course of your subscription, not a real box.  That it is only 7-10 "luxury" items. 

Then the other girl who was told 7-10 items (prompting my question to the company), chimed in, and let us all know that the company told her by facebook it is only 7-10 items monthly, but she also asked them by email, and they told her 5+ items only. The company failed to acknowledge the discrepancy  in answers to the other girl, which also irritated me.

So, between what they show/advertise, and different answers to the same questions, and spelling mistakes--that are silly--but shouldn't be there on a TRAVEL theme box for goodness sakes (and of popular places!).. they are bait and switching already.  I'm almost entirely sure I'll be canceling my subscription after the first month.  I don't like doing business with companies that do this, and if they are already starting off doing it, it'll only become worse.

Anyways, just wanted to let you ladies know about that. 

Latest posts

Back