-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Glitter Guilty Pleasures Box Polish Subscription

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 123 OFFLINE   Lolo22

Lolo22

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,435 posts
  • Joined 20-March 13
Reviews

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

I received my first Glitter Guilty box and wanted to share! It's $15.99/month for a full size custom polish tailored to your profile + a mini polish that everyone gets for the month + a treat.  I believe the polishes are all 3-free.

http://www.glittergu...m/how-it-works/

I received Barbie Bling for my full sized - it has diamond shaped holo glitter in it!!!  The mini was Summer Sunset and the treat was purple taffy.  Everything is so cutely wrapped and I cant get over this purse shaped pouch the polish came in!!

#Post 2 of 123 OFFLINE   smiletorismile

smiletorismile

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Joined 07-December 12
Reviews

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

I got my box yesterday! I'm really happy with it. I really like that they customize the colors because mine is totally different! (:

My mini was the same (sorry that the tag covers it) and my full size is in Beach Party. (:

#Post 3 of 123 OFFLINE   Lolo22

Lolo22

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,435 posts
  • Joined 20-March 13
Reviews

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by smiletorismile View Post

I got my box yesterday! I'm really happy with it. I really like that they customize the colors because mine is totally different! (:

My mini was the same (sorry that the tag covers it) and my full size is in Beach Party. (:

Ooo that color is really cute and you got a pink purse :)  The little details really made this one for me! 

#Post 4 of 123 OFFLINE   Souly

Souly

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Joined 02-January 12
Reviews

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Love the blue polish!

#Post 5 of 123 ONLINE   Shauna999

Shauna999

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12
Reviews

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

Lets see some swatches ladies!!!

#Post 6 of 123 OFFLINE   misstrix

misstrix

Oooooo... shiny!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts
  • Joined 10-April 13
Reviews

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:22 AM

I just signed up for next month's box! I love what I have seen so far! 

:sunshine:

#Post 7 of 123 OFFLINE   smiletorismile

smiletorismile

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Joined 07-December 12
Reviews

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post

Ooo that color is really cute and you got a pink purse :)  The little details really made this one for me! 

Yes, I love the little details! (: It shows she really cares about what she's sending out.

#Post 8 of 123 OFFLINE   smiletorismile

smiletorismile

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Joined 07-December 12
Reviews

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Shauna999 View Post

Lets see some swatches ladies!!!

I did my nails last night, so I'll post some pics later! (:

#Post 9 of 123 OFFLINE   misstrix

misstrix

Oooooo... shiny!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts
  • Joined 10-April 13
Reviews

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

Quote:

Yes, I love the little details! (: It shows she really cares about what she's sending out.

I have to admit, seeing how beautifully everything is packaged had a lot of influence in my decision to subscribe. I'm a sucker for a pretty package! 

:sunshine:

#Post 10 of 123 OFFLINE   sleepykat

sleepykat

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
Reviews

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:14 AM

These look fabulous. I'm not gonna lie, it's making GlitterDaze look not as good. I will still be happy to receive it, but it makes me think that I will probably switch once my sub is up. I am halfways a sucker for cute packaging, so that influences me. But what influences me more is the custom polish, truly custom, and the fact that you get a full size and a mini.

#Post 11 of 123 OFFLINE   Souly

Souly

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Joined 02-January 12
Reviews

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

I'm seriously considering dumping Star Looks for this! Looks awesome. 

#Post 12 of 123 OFFLINE   gypsiemagic

gypsiemagic

Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
Reviews

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

I subscribed! I am super excited for indie polishes, it's something I have been interested in for a long time, but it always seemed so expensive, and I have a lot of polish so I never ordered, I like that it is accessible and ships to me, and all the polishes look gorgeous! :) I hope I can get the July box, but August will work too.

Untitled-4.png

#Post 13 of 123 OFFLINE   Lolo22

Lolo22

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,435 posts
  • Joined 20-March 13
Reviews

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by sleepykat View Post

These look fabulous. I'm not gonna lie, it's making GlitterDaze look not as good. I will still be happy to receive it, but it makes me think that I will probably switch once my sub is up. I am halfways a sucker for cute packaging, so that influences me. But what influences me more is the custom polish, truly custom, and the fact that you get a full size and a mini.

I agree! Even the twine tying on the labels was cute two-toned twine lol.  I honestly am surprised they dont charge more considering how much time it must have taken to put the boxes together.  I'll be changing my polish tonight or tomorrow to try the Barbie Bling because I cant wait.  I saw at least 1 other poster on FB get the same polish as me but I really do feel like it's the perfectly curated polish for me.  I also like that they do golden tickets in a few boxes.  Oh and I cannot wait til we start getting chocolate

#Post 14 of 123 OFFLINE   ashitude

ashitude

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12
Reviews

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

I signed my daughter up for this and I think she may be in love with it.

Here are some swatches. The pictures don't do it justice. My daughter is learning to use polish still and it is a bit uneven and clumpy.

Summer Sunset and Bubble Yum

#Post 15 of 123 OFFLINE   Lolo22

Lolo22

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,435 posts
  • Joined 20-March 13
Reviews

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

Here's my Barbie Bling mani. 2 coats over China Glaze Pool Party. Accent nail is Sea Lore Snowy Seal. It is sooo so sparkley :) http://www.makeuptal.../200/height/400

#Post 16 of 123 ONLINE   Shauna999

Shauna999

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12
Reviews

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Love the mani & the swatches- u gals are Awesome!!

#Post 17 of 123 OFFLINE   sleepykat

sleepykat

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
Reviews

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepykat View Post

I agree! Even the twine tying on the labels was cute two-toned twine lol.  I honestly am surprised they dont charge more considering how much time it must have taken to put the boxes together.  I'll be changing my polish tonight or tomorrow to try the Barbie Bling because I cant wait.  I saw at least 1 other poster on FB get the same polish as me but I really do feel like it's the perfectly curated polish for me.  I also like that they do golden tickets in a few boxes.  Oh and I cannot wait til we start getting chocolate

Yes, but if the price point was any higher I wouldn't be realistically tempted. Barbie Bling is such a cute name for a polish. It seems like they do cute names in general. I still would feel like it's a custom polish, in this context, even if somebody else gets the same one, if it was chosen for you based on your preferences and it's not one that is part of their regular line up. You and that one other FB poster just have similar fabulous taste. :)

Yes, the chocolate is appealing to me, too. Nail polish and chocolate? Bam, who cares about hormones anymore. But I adore taffy as well.

(Funny, my brother thought that his girlfriend and I must have been talking about a nail polish brand called 'Minnie' when we were exclaiming regarding the virtues of 'minis'.)

#Post 18 of 123 OFFLINE   gypsiemagic

gypsiemagic

Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

thank you all so much, this was literally the subscription service I have been looking for! I am so obsessed with indie polishes, but never knew w her to start / which were worth the high price. I am so stoked for this, I should be getting my July box tomorrow! :)) Will post swatches asap

Untitled-4.png

#Post 19 of 123 OFFLINE   Souly

Souly

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Joined 02-January 12
Reviews

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

I couldn't stand it anymore - I joined! Can't wait for my 1st box :)

#Post 20 of 123 OFFLINE   Lolo22

Lolo22

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,435 posts
  • Joined 20-March 13
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

I just wanted to post that it has been 8 days since I painted my nails and I dont have a single chip or any noticeable tip wear.  By comparison my Sea Lore accent nail has several chips and wear on the tip so it's not just that I'm being careful.  That is like a first ever for me!  I really want to change my mani but I dont want to take it off when it's wearing so well! I think I need to place an order now!   I wish she had an upgraded subscription for 2 full sizes each month!