• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SEPHORA: VIB Rouge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just spreading the word about a new beauty insider level that Sephora is preparing to roll out.

Credits go to nakedlunch212 and rikkie on the VIB forum for the info and link!

The new BI level will be called VIB rouge and is for VIBs who spend a minimum of $1000 per calendar year.

Link for a little more info: https://www.sephora.com/profile/beautyInsider/?tab=rouge

Is anyone else excited by this/ curious to see what the surprise gifts will be?

Excited....but just purchased the flash shipping and I'm probably less than $50 away from this! lol

I also got the invitation for flash shipping but am still trying to decide whether it's worth it. I hate paying for shipping, so I only purchase when I have $50 worth of things in my cart.

Getting flash shipping would probably encourage me to purchase more often when all I want to buy is small- great for impulse buys, but dangerous for my wallet!

Quote: Originally Posted by BisouBisou /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just spreading the word about a new beauty insider level that Sephora is preparing to roll out.

Credits go to nakedlunch212 and rikkie on the VIB forum for the info and link!

The new BI level will be called VIB rouge and is for VIBs who spend a minimum of $1000 per calendar year.

Link for a little more info: https://www.sephora.com/profile/beautyInsider/?tab=rouge

Is anyone else excited by this/ curious to see what the surprise gifts will be?
I hope I don't qualify for this.  I made VIB through 2014 in February or March but have slowed my roll since then.  (Granted, I still got an order from Sephora this week...but only one a month and it was a good haul!)  

While I'd love to have free shipping on orders, I don't want to or need to spend over $1000 on makeup. I finally aware of just how much I. have  There are so many things I'll never use up and/or unopened so unless it's something I love, like the Josie Maran cheek minis with some great 100 pt perks, I am more careful at what I buy now.

I think my mom and I can hit this by the end of the year, we are at $530 (from my rough estimates) that would be so awesome to have free shipping on everything and bonus goodies. I remember a lot of people asking for an above VIB membership, so thats awesome!

This is exciting. I think I am pretty close to it, if not already there. Free shipping plus some nice gifts would be sweet.

Now, if I could just get them to fix my email so I actually get them.

Do you know what # of points that means?  I can't tell how close or far I am and I'm not tracking purchases myself.

Do you know what # of points that means?  I can't tell how close or far I am and I'm not tracking purchases myself.
Depends on if you used any points for rewards, but $1=1 point, so 1000 points or above. I've got over 1000 points right now, so I'm excited about this program! I spend way too much in Sephora, so it'll be nice to be rewarded for that.

Depends on if you used any points for rewards, but $1=1 point, so 1000 points or above. I've got over 1000 points right now, so I'm excited about this program! I spend way too much in Sephora, so it'll be nice to be rewarded for that.
Except your points carry over from year to year, you have to spend 1000 in a single calendar year. I have 1675 saved up, but only spent 545 this calendar year.

Except your points carry over from year to year, you have to spend 1000 in a single calendar year. I have 1675 saved up, but only spent 545 this calendar year.
Ah true, that could make a difference. All my points are from this year, fortunately (or maybe unfortunately haha).

Where do you see how many have carried over versus are from this year?  I have a total of 1165 but I can't find any breakdown of it.  Thanks!

Where do you see how many have carried over versus are from this year?  I have a total of 1165 but I can't find any breakdown of it.  Thanks!  
I don't think there's anyway to see how many are from this year, but I would recommend looking at your purchase history and adding up the amount you've spent this year.

Does anybody know if you'll automatically be switched over to the new reward level once you hit 1000 points this year?  Or if we'll have to inquire ourselves to get bumped up? 

I've added all my purchases for this year so far, excluding all my returns, and I'm less than $50 away from 1000.  That's sick, and yet exciting... sigh... Although, I like the point system at Birchbox better, I like the purchase discounts v. product rewards.. but they offer different products so it evens out for me lately. 

I would try order history rather than purchase history. If an item goes out of stock, it will no longer be displayed in purchase history. The downside is that it only shows online and not in-store purchases.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would try order history rather than purchase history. If an item goes out of stock, it will no longer be displayed in purchase history. The downside is that it only shows online and not in-store purchases.
When I go to the Beauty Insider page/section, there was a section underneath my VIB status that said something along the lines of "you are $X away from VIB Rouge membership" & it said the same on my basket page.  

It said I was "$0 away from VIB Rouge membership" or whatever, so that might be a reason why... *shrugs*  I placed an order last night and am hoping to receive some sort of communication from them regarding my potential VIB Rouge membership.  I didn't even know it existed until last night.  Is this the "public" version of Flash?

It didn't say anything about me qualifying for Rouge on my account so I emailed CS and asked them where I stood. Turns out, I qualify right now and they say the program will launch on 7/23...just a few more days. They also said they will be sending out emails shortly after.

Originally Posted by Hollie Haradon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It didn't say anything about me qualifying for Rouge on my account so I emailed CS and asked them where I stood. Turns out, I qualify right now and they say the program will launch on 7/23...just a few more days. They also said they will be sending out emails shortly after.
Woo!  Thank you for asking!  I went to Sephora today.  I meant to ask about VIB Rouge but forgot.

Dang... I added up all my orders and if I calculated right...I already slightly over $800 for this calendar year!?!

But, in my defense the UD pencil vault was a good chunk of that and worth it.

I'm guessing I'll make this new VIB category before the year is over...I tend to make one order every six weeks in the $50 range and then...there is Christmas sets. Yeah, I'm doomed, but boy will I enjoy the free shipping in 2014!!!

-L

Thanks for asking! I can t believe it s only a few more days, I thought it would at least another month. Seems like sephora is really stepping it up!

Originally Posted by Hollie Haradon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Glad you asked because mine doesn't say anything about Rouge either.  And sadly, I have spent a little over 2,000 so far this year.  Did they say that you will automatically be switched over to the new program?  I would love to know what the Rouge events and surprise gifts will be.  I sure hope it's worth all the money we sink into that place!

Latest posts

Back