Beauty Army August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. Evidently they don't love me, because I didn't get that email. Harumph.

I wish my selection window was later in the month, so I could see what this extra sample was before I decide to skip or not! I guess it's possible someone will get it before the 15th.

My selections, and I had the "free 7th sample" message in my selection window although I didn't get the email.

Hi Ladies,

I am thinking of joining beauty box. Can anyone give me advice on what they think about the boxes? How easy is it to cancel you subscription once you start if needed? Also is there any certain type of profile selections that give better results for the sample chooses. When I put in my profile info the choices I got I was not very interested in. Also I read somewhere that they run several of the samples for several months so if you don't pick it this month you may be able to get it in a future month - Is this true?

I would also love to hear any advice on any other subscription boxes that you love and think I should check out. I would love to subscribe to 2 or 3 but there are so many to choose from.

Also does anyone have any promotion codes to Beauty army, ipsy, birchbox or any other place that is really great? If so please inbox me with the code. I would be most thankful...

Alicia

After a few months of back and forth inner debating, I sucked it up and joined yesterday..and promptly forgot to pick a 6th sample! ARGH! These were my picks though.

Hmm. Evidently they don't love me, because I didn't get that email. Harumph.
It was at the bottom if an email about their summer sale, but everyone gets the extra sample this month (no email needed).

My window opened up today and I literally signed in seconds after it did.  2 repeat samples, 4 previous rejects and a line filler!! I selected 19-24 age group so wth..... The only new things are a tiny vial of face serum, a foil of bronzer and the hair ties (probably $1 at Target or Wal-Mart).  Refreshed and refreshed.

There are NO makeup samples at all and NO hair samples, unless you count the Nelson J repeat or the hair chalk repeat they are trying to pawn off again.  Ughhhh.  Finally cancelled. 

I ended up skipping. Mildly regret it because of the 7th sample option, but I still have the past 2 months boxes to use.

I wanted the twist ties in colors or black. They were there about 10 minutes my first day & quickly replaced by butt ugly beaded head wraps. Not head bands, head wraps! Like the kind you wear around your forehead & the rest of your head. I know boho is in and all but if one is not participating in athletics that require a terry cloth band those should just be a NO. I checked to see why no twist bands? They are out of stock but they say we are guaranteed each new option so I'd think longer than 5 minutes counts. And I sure never saw that adorbs cheek stain! I got the line filler, the foil exfoliant or, that cotz stuff again & more hair shadow. The first one was fun I don't need 2. I tried every profile combo I could think of and ZERO makeup. Oh yeah I did keep getting the vial of face oil. I was bummed because of the 7th sample but not enough to pay $12 for the crap they were dishing out. I keep seeing unboxings on YouTube where people get great stuff. I'm a newbie tho & may have joined the "army" after it lost the battle 😜

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My selections, and I had the "free 7th sample" message in my selection window although I didn't get the email.
My 7th sample was a lipgloss, and my mystery sample was a Mighty Leaf Iced Tea bag (SCORE x2!!!)

I didn't receive the 7th sample in my kit.  BOOOOOO.  I didn't receive the email, but it did pop up when I made my selections.  I wonder if it's worth contacting customer service over ...

My 7th sample was the tea bags, ehh, not bad. I do like Mighty Leaf a lot so no big loss....other than I forgot to choose a sixth sample! :-(

Back