EM Cosmetics: Michelle Phan's new cosmetic line.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
EM Cosmetics has finally launched! See here for previous information. For those who don't know, EM Cosmetics is Michelle Phan's collaboration with the L'Oreal company. Both EMCosmetics.com and EmbarkWithMichelle.com are owned by L'Oreal so the products are made by the L'Oreal company (owners of Lancome and other brands). As of right now there are lots of items ranging from foundations to eyeliners to shadow palettes and more! I'm working on adding the products to our Reviews section.

I was hoping that EM Cosmetics was going to be more affordable since Michelle has many younger followers (teens/college students). Unfortunately EM Cosmetics is leaning towards a designer price point following Dior and Chanel's price points rather than L'Oreal's mass market products like L'Oreal Cosmetics and Maybelline. For example, the palettes are $75! At this point in time I don't know what the quality of the products are but based on the price tag my guess is that these items are going to be like the Lancome line. According to the website the palettes are $75 and come with a free empty travel palette as the pans are magnetic and interchangeable. Still, $75 is a pretty hefty tag to shell out on a brand new brand even with Lancome and L'Oreal having good reputations. The upside is that it's not just shadows, each palette contains 36 total shades (24 eyeshadow, 4 blush, 8 lip) and everything is refillable (though refills don't seem to be offered at this time).

I do love the colors though of the shadows palettes and lipsticks. I actually would love to try the lipsticks since most are colors I'd wear. The lipsticks are more affordable at $16.50 which is less than Urban Decay's Revolution lipsticks which are $22 each. The lip balm is $15, lip palettes are $28.

At this time EM does not offer a pro discount.

Other drawbacks. Shipping. There is free shipping but on orders of $75 or more. Which if you're ordering one of the large palettes you'll get free shipping. I put two items (two lipsticks) in the shopping bag to see how much shipping would be and shipping was $7! That's far more than Sephora! Plus factoring in tax those two lipsticks would cost me $43.08! I don't even know how tax was figure since tax on $33 for me would be $2.74 but if it's added to the shipping it would be $43.32. So between tax and shipping this is a pass for me at this time.

Subtotal: $33.00 Shipping $7.00 Estimated Tax $3.08 based on ***** zip Change
Total $43.08
Shipping according to EM Cosmetics website: Shipping Terms DELIVERY OPTION DELIVERY COST Standard (UPS Ground)* $7.00 (Free for all members with any order $75 or more) UPS 3rd Day Air $10.00 UPS 2nd Day Air $15.00 UPS Overnight $20.00 *P.O. Box delivery time is 3-8 days and APO/FPO delivery time is 4-6 weeks.

(NOTE: At this time there IS free shipping for first orders using the promo code: FIRSTORDER. I don't know when this will expire however it is for registered members good on their first purchase. As a result of this free shipping I'm probably going to order a lipstick in the "Hug Me" shade.)

There looks to be a physical boutique opening in October in New York City.

the boutique nyc is about to get more beautiful. visit our first-ever store in new york city, coming in october!

em on mulberry coming soon!
we'll let you know soon!

The website itself has lots of minor errors site ranging from a missing return policy (I found a tiny blurp on returns via the FAQ search function), the site misspelling Michelle's last name (it's Phan not Phanis).

em michelle phanis exclusively sold online (nyc store coming soon!)

In regards to the return policy, there really isn't one on their site but searching the FAQs page I did find this blurb:

If any of your em michelle phan purchases are not what you expected, you may return any of them to the original point of purchase. We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and want to ensure that you are in love with your product.

If your purchase was made through our website, please send your return to the following address: em michelle phan   {snip}
Be sure to include your name, address, phone number and the reason for the return. Returns are generally processed within 1-2 business days of our receipt of the package. However, you will be responsible for the shipping fees to return it.

If you have any further questions or concerns, go ahead and email us here, under "subject" choose Online Orders. Or, call us toll-free at {snip} , from 8AM-12 midnight EST, 5 Days a week, Saturday and Sunday 10-7 pm. You can also live chat with us, 9:30 – 6:30 pm EST, 5 Days a week. An em michelle phan beauty guru will be happy to speak with you.

What are your thoughts?

Source: Image from EM Cosmetics.​

Latest posts

Back