How to ask my mom to wear tinted mouisturizer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello:) I really want to know how I can ask my mom if I can try tinted moisturizer on my face and a little bit of eyeliner?!( if that's too much let me know!!!) :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Before my birthday I asked if I could wear makeup and my parents kind of took it a little hard, but my mom and dad said i can only wear mascara.....oh, I'm 14 by the way and will be a freshman this year) Like i mentioned school will be starting in about a week and I wanted a little coverage for my face( because I have little white patches on my cheeks and want coverage on them) also will I have to put powder or something on top? Eyeliner is another thing I want to wear because my friend had put some on me(at a sleep over of course,never at school!!!) and I though I looked pretty! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't want to much coverage on my face or butloads of eyeliner...just something simple and natural. I'm really sorry this was long but thank you so much for any comments or tips and also if you are a mom that when through this phase can you give me tips and advice. any others would be great too!! Thank you soo much!

Aww you are so cute. 

I don't think you are too young to wear makeup. I wore makeup in jr. high.. I even wore it in grammar school. My folks were okay with it because they wanted me to feel good about myself and I had fun doing it. I would suggest you talk to your mom and tell her that you are interested in wearing a little bit of makeup on the weekends and see what she says. 

If she doesn't want you to wear makeup to school I would respect her, but tell her that you want to wear makeup and you'd love her to show you how to wear it.

Start with mascara, maybe some BB cream and liploss or lip tint, you can then use on your cheeks and lips. 

I wouldn't go against my folks wishes because I don't want you to get in trouble.. but I definitely think it's worth talking to your parents about. If your mom says no, ask her when she will allow you to wear a little makeup. For young girls the best thing is to keep it natural and just use a little bit of makeup to enhance your natural beauty. 

Good Luck :) 

Haha ^.^ thank you so much ill ask her..ugh I'm kinda nervous,but yeah I would never do that (wear makeup behind my parent's back) a lot of my friends did that and turned out ok for them, like there parents didn't get mad. But I know for sure mine would!

It's funny, my parents were pretty laid back and probably wouldn't have minded if I wore make-up. My mom even asked me once if I was interested, but I didn't feel ready for it. I think I was more concerned with my acne and was more afraid of making it worse than about covering it up. That and the fact that I pretty much got up with just enough time to throw on clothes and run out the door! 
rolleyes.gif

You mentioned a really good reason above for why you wanted to try tinted moisturizer. It sounds like you want to cover up those white spots. If you haven't already done so, it might be worthwhile mentioning to your parents that they are a concern to you. If the white patches are making you self-conscious, mention it to them. Also, tinted moisturizer helps promote two good habits from an early age: moisturizing and wearing daily SPF, which many of them have.

Ease them into the idea - don't present them with too much at one go. If they agree to the tinted moisturizer, then use that for a bit and then present the idea of eyeliner, etc.

Also, if it helps, pick up the tinted moisturizer from a store with a good return policy and pick it out with your mom. You can try it out at home and they can see what it's really like. There's no commitment and sometimes seeing is better than all hypothetical arguments you can come up with.  

Not much advice...just think it's interesting that you're asking permission to wear makeup. I'm pretty sure I never asked if it was okay...I just started doing it in middle school, and by 8th grade wore a full face to school daily.

@ZeeOmega: ok thanks ill keep that in mind of presenting tinted mouisturizer first :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> @KeepOnSingin: really?! My parents would be angry with me if I wore make up without permission! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Kimmie23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ZeeOmega: ok thanks ill keep that in mind of presenting tinted mouisturizer first
smile.gif

@KeepOnSingin: really?! My parents would be angry with me if I wore make up without permission! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yeah. I definitely didn't ask, just did. But all families are different.

I have a daughter your age and I let her use it. I would suggest just outright asking her for it. A tinted moisturizer is a moisturizer with a bit of color. It's still sheer that in most cases it's like you're wearing nothing at all.

@zadidoll: ok thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> As long as you daughter has been wearing tinted mouisturizer (if she has acne) has her acne been worse or it's normal? Also does it clog your pores? My mom dosent like anything that does that!

She doesn't have acne but her older sister does and also wears tinted moisturizer. There's been no change (positive or negative) while wearing tinted moisturizer (for the one who has acne) since her's is hormonal.  It doesn't clog pores but like all products you need to wash your face on a daily basis at least twice a day and using a cleansing product to remove any makeup residue including tinted moisturizer.

No haha I haven't...yet! I'm trying to get as much information as I can so if she asks me a question I have an answer for it! And she will probably tell me that its bad for my skin but hopefully it's a yes!! I'll ask her tomorrow (when she is in a good mood..lol) but ill post it as soon as she gives me an answer! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Clinique is a good starter makeup for young girls. It was the first kind of makeup I used. My mom liked it for me because it was fragrance free, dermatologist (skin doctor) tested, hypo-allergenic (won't cause you to have an allergic reaction), they also put SPF in a lot of their face products. 

Take a look at this tinted moisturizer : 

http://www.clinique.com/product/1599/15635/Makeup/Foundations/Moisture-Surge-Tinted-Moisturizer-SPF-15/index.tmpl 

- Oil free

- Hydrating

- Sheer coverage

- Fragrance Free

- SPF 15

Clinique also has a lot of nice face cleansing systems. 

Perhaps if you go to your mom with information of good products you've researched for your skin she will definitely be more likely to let you wear it. 

Does your mom wear makeup?

Thank you for the provided information ill be sure to show my mom! What is the name of the product? And no my mom doesn't wear face make up but she wears mascara and eyeliner. When she was young I think she did but I'm not to sure!

Originally Posted by Kimmie23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She said yes!! I asked her and she was completely fine with it!
Yay!!! That's awesome!

I started wearing mascara, light pink eyeshadow and powder in the 5th grade! It was my mom's idea. I always loved wearing some for special occasions so she said I could start out with that. My obsession has never stopped!

Really! So did my friends but I recently started wearing mascara in January. So now I'm wearing bb cream! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I like make up too and I wish I could ask for eyeliner but I don't want to push it! But I don't like how so girls wear too much makeup that they look like a clown...literally! I have a girl in my grade that is like that! 0.0

Back