Square Hue September 2013 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaganola

Uh Huh Her
Reaction score
Ooh, just got my Serengeti collection box!
Left to right: grassland safari (a chartreuse cream to my eye, not a yellow as someone in the August thread said), savanna sundowner (a very weird shade but one I think will be a new favorite!), and swahili charm.

Thanks for the spoiler!  I skipped this month and August, too.  Will probably resume with October.

Is that middle color a dark olive green? Is it similar to Valor that was in the SqH July box?  I really like the chocolate brown but don't think the other two would have suited me so I'm glad I skipped.

Sure was great of SqH to get the boxes out before the long Labor Day weekend. 
flowers.gif

Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the spoiler!  I skipped this month and August, too.  Will probably resume with October.

Is that middle color a dark olive green? Is it similar to Valor that was in the SqH July box?  I really like the chocolate brown but don't think the other two would have suited me so I'm glad I skipped.

Sure was great of SqH to get the boxes out before the long Labor Day weekend. 
flowers.gif
That middle color is a GOLD-SHIMMERY olive and nothing like valor.  I can't remember where I put my phone at the moment, so I can't take a photo to show the comparison, but next to savanna sundowner, valor is almost blue.  I can definitely see that some people are going to hate it and think it looks like a certain disgusting thing (hint:  weaning puppies), but it is a color that is really working for me right now.  I sometimes gravitate towards the colors that a lot of people think are fugly beyond belief, and that is what is probably happening right now.  The funny thing is that I was *just* thinking earlier today about going on the hunt for something along the lines of this one tomorrow, and now I don't have to!  It just magically appeared in my mailbox.  I'm going to be doing my nails with it tonight.  

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That middle color is a GOLD-SHIMMERY olive and nothing like valor.  I can't remember where I put my phone at the moment, so I can't take a photo to show the comparison, but next to savanna sundowner, valor is almost blue.  I can definitely see that some people are going to hate it and think it looks like a certain disgusting thing (hint:  weaning puppies), but it is a color that is really working for me right now.  I sometimes gravitate towards the colors that a lot of people think are fugly beyond belief, and that is what is probably happening right now.  The funny thing is that I was *just* thinking earlier today about going on the hunt for something along the lines of this one tomorrow, and now I don't have to!  It just magically appeared in my mailbox.  I'm going to be doing my nails with it tonight.  
Thanks for the clarification; might be my monitor that's a bit off.  I don't think the middle color is ugly, just that I wonder if it would look right on my medium cool-toned skin tone.  I didn't think I'd like Valor, either, but I do!  I know I couldn't wear the chartreuse without looking jaundiced.  lol  So the first and third colors are cremes and the middle one is a shimmer?

I hope they have foil finish, autumn leaves colors for October.

Yeah, cream/shimmer/cream.  Ooh, your comment about leaves reminds me:  I'll bet that some of those Finger Paints flakies I have but pretty much never wear would look *amazing* over swahili charm! 

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, cream/shimmer/cream.  Ooh, your comment about leaves reminds me:  I'll bet that some of those Finger Paints flakies I have but pretty much never wear would look *amazing* over swahili charm! 
Ooh, the orange/red flakie?  Can't remember the name of it.  That would look AWESOME over the brown!

I love the Savanna Sundowner, the Swahili Charm is too dark for me and the Grassland Safari had cruddy coverage and was streaky (on me).  So I'll swap two and keep the Savanna Sundowner.

Have you seen the October picture hint?  The Moto Collection, showing a dark/chrome motorcycle.  Definitely not the "autumn leaves" look I was hoping for!  I mean, something new is good but I imagine I'll skip October too.

Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you seen the October picture hint?  The Moto Collection, showing a dark/chrome motorcycle.  Definitely not the "autumn leaves" look I was hoping for!  I mean, something new is good but I imagine I'll skip October too.
Yeah, but...  It's all sepia and orange.  Check out the helmet and the parts of the picture that aren't black or white.  Lots of brown!  (And as a side note, oof, those *boots*!  I am really looking forward to being able to break my combat boots back out of storage.  And maybe get these.)

So swahili charm is a dead on duplicate of Zoya Louise.   I did a quick 2-coat swatch.  I absolutely cannot tell the difference to the point that I forget which is on what finger.  The formulas are similar...maybe Louise is a little thicker but they both apply nicely.  If you have swahili charm, you won't want to buy Louise.

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So swahili charm is a dead on duplicate of Zoya Louise.   I did a quick 2-coat swatch.  I absolutely cannot tell the difference to the point that I forget which is on what finger.  The formulas are similar...maybe Louise is a little thicker but they both apply nicely.  If you have swahili charm, you won't want to buy Louise.
Thanks so much for the comparison!  I have Louise so now I don't feel bad about missing Swahili Charm.   ty again

You're welcome.  I just changed up my Bondi box because I went with That Sh*t Cray right before I got Louise and then Swahili Charm in my Squarehue box.  They all look really close...obviously, I can't say where on the spectrum the Bondi brown lies but I didn't want to take the chance I'd have three identical browns.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks so much for the comparison!  I have Louise so now I don't feel bad about missing Swahili Charm.   ty again

Do you think there will be another yellow or yellowish shade in the October box?  I know the colors are a mystery, but sometimes I wish we could at least be reassured of what we're **not** getting.  :p

Do you think there will be another yellow or yellowish shade in the October box?  I know the colors are a mystery, but sometimes I wish we could at least be reassured of what we're **not** getting.  :p

I just got an email, which I can't find to get the pic, and it showed shades of orange and black.  No yellows.

Boy, this board is quiet.  Wish there was more discussion.  I just saw a new promo photo for the Moto Collection.  It's a different view of the same motorcycle and rider, but the orange-copper color is much more emphasized, and now the satchel no longer looks yellowish.

Boy, this board is quiet.  Wish there was more discussion.  I just saw a new promo photo for the Moto Collection.  It's a different view of the same motorcycle and rider, but the orange-copper color is much more emphasized, and now the satchel no longer looks yellowish.

Me too.  Squarehue deserves way more attention than it gets.

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too.  Squarehue deserves way more attention than it gets.

I agree. I think the polishes are better than Julep and Bondi.

Latest posts

Back