Urban Decay Holiday 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know what you guys are thinking, it is still summer since Fall does not officially start until September 22 and Holiday collections are already coming out soon? Yup, that's how it normally is & every year, many of us are also wondering what the next palette from Urban Decay will be! I have seen some images shown to me from associates and pictures from instagram the past few weeks, but today, better pictures were posted of the inside of the palette NEW Vice 2 palette so I just had to share!

It is the same concept as the first Vice palette, but the outer packaging (not shown here) is a tie-dye looking color with pink and purple throughout the outside packaging. The images were posted on Sephora Mexico's instagram & fer_rosa29.

I also know that there is possibly the return of the UD face palettes. In the past, UD has included their lip gunks, blush & eyeshadows in a small palette so I wonder how it would be this time because I did not like that the cremes were so close to the powder, so maybe they have a new way of separating them?

What do you think about the Vice 2 so far? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Gorgeous, but completely unnecessary for my makeup collection.  My bank account breathes a sigh of relief! 
biggrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Gorgeous, but completely unnecessary for my makeup collection.  My bank account breathes a sigh of relief! 
biggrin.gif

lol. I think if you have a lot of UD too, the colors look kind of repetitive.

I might have to pick this one up, although I'll have to see exactly what is in there. I do have the Alice in Wonderland palette, but that's the only UD (and, actually, pretty much the only pressed shadow) I own. On the other hand, I don't use the palette I already have very often. Hmm. I think I'll cross my fingers for a nice, colorful pencil set.

I am a UD junkie/collector so even though I can say with certainty that I do not have a need for this palette if I can afford it, I will most likely purchase it because I love all things UD and will want it just for my collection. I know that is indulgent but, it's honest 
blink.gif

From these photos it looks like the first Vice palette with switched order of the eyeshadows. I treated myself to Vice palette last year and I hardly ever used it. Im a neutral colours kind of girl and I use Naked even day for any occasion. The limited palettes are usually a bit expensive and lets be honest the limited edition eyeshadows are usually not so different from the permanent ones.

Quote: Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  lol. I think if you have a lot of UD too, the colors look kind of repetitive.
Oof, you know I have a lot of UD!  Ha ha!  So many of their palettes are on mega sale at Sephora those entice me more than this, even though I have most of those colors, too. 

I like your thoughts about a face palette, though!  As long as the powder and cream products are separated, I would purchase this theoretical palette. ;-)

Quote: Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oof, you know I have a lot of UD!  Ha ha!  So many of their palettes are on mega sale at Sephora those entice me more than this, even though I have most of those colors, too. 

I like your thoughts about a face palette, though!  As long as the powder and cream products are separated, I would purchase this theoretical palette. ;-)

I love this "theoretical palette" quote :-D

Somehow I find myself really... underwhelmed by the Vice 2 pics. I'm not sure what I was expecting, really, but I'm just kind of meh about the pics. The colors look kind of random to me, although I do look forward to seeing swatches. And who knows, maybe the packaging will be amazing and I'll fall in love with it but at the moment I'm more excited for the prospect of face palettes - or maybe eyeliner or lip sets, those would be nice. Theoretical palette, indeed!

PS. Thank you for sharing the info, xlisaa!

I'm kinda disappointed.  This one doesn't look as eye-catching as the first one.  However, I've been hoping for a re-release of Vice, since they did a re-promotion of palettes a while back and I'm probably biased.

Don't know why I'm sulking, though.  I know I'll buy this and drink the UD kool-aid anyway.

Well I have Vice so obviously I NEED this. The pics aren't great, the lighting looks kinda red to me, so I'm sure the shadows are more vibrant IRL. There's also a new mini pencil set out now at Ulta, it's called Black Market and similar to 2012's Smoked. Five of the six pencils are new and exclusive colors so also a must-have for me.

Hot damn, a preview photo on Instagram reveals three other items in the holiday collection! They're all shadowy, and I'm on my phone, so I can't link to it, but it looks like a Revolution lipstick set, another Ocho Loco eyeliner set, and a travel pencil set (don't know whether it's eye or lip). Actually, upon second glance, it looks like there are *four* other things: I think I see a second palette! Time to head over to Facebook to see if they have revealed something other than the Vice 2 palette.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hot damn, a preview photo on Instagram reveals three other items in the holiday collection! They're all shadowy, and I'm on my phone, so I can't link to it, but it looks like a Revolution lipstick set, another Ocho Loco eyeliner set, and a travel pencil set (don't know whether it's eye or lip). Actually, upon second glance, it looks like there are *four* other things: I think I see a second palette! Time to head over to Facebook to see if they have revealed something other than the Vice 2 palette.

Yup! & the reveal today is the Ocho Loco 2

I wonder if the lipsticks would be exclusive holiday shades, or if they will put it in a set?

Quote: Originally Posted by ultajunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Black Market? What is that? Do tell!! 
icon_eek.gif

Black Market is travel sized pencil set already on Ulta!

Quote: Originally Posted by ultajunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Black Market? What is that? Do tell!! 
icon_eek.gif

Duh, nevermind. I forgot what I read like two posts ago. Ugh, is this work day over yet? LOL

There is also a new product listed on Ulta.com . The Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder for face and body. It looks like it could be a lovely highlighting product. Maybe this is just a general new product and isn't really tied into their holiday offerings however. Just thought I'd let the UD junkies know. I am probably going to pick it up at some point.

Quote: Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if the lipsticks would be exclusive holiday shades, or if they will put it in a set?

SET! SET! SET!  

Sorry, I got a little excited.  I really want a lipstick set.

Latest posts

Back