Framing Fabric DIY

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello guys!

I just wanted to share a recent DIY home décor project that I've completed. My living room walls were completely bare for way too long (over a year!). I had such a hard time committing to something. I had a few ideas of what I wanted to do with the space, when I finally got so fed up that I decided something was easily better than nothing. 

My fiancé Alan and I were walking around Home Depot when we saw floating shelves for less than $20. This was one of my ideas and finally I committed to it. We picked up the largest and smallest shelves and went right to work positioning them on the wall around our flat screen.

After the quick and easy installation, I felt uncomfortable with how bare the other side of the wall looked. We went to Fabricville and looked through the bin of discounted scrap fabrics and found lovely material for very cheap! We went ahead and purchased any white frames that were on sale and framed the fabric and hung up opposite to the floating shelves. The best part is that we hung up these frames using Command velcro picture hanging strips (yay less holes in the wall!). What was great was that I was able to switch around the pictures to find the best combo that I liked and if I hated it altogether, there were no holes left behind! 

What do you think? I think my condo is looking a little more like a home :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Cheers, 

Sara x0

This is very cute! I love your style, and I really like that wall color. I will be keeping my eye out for some discount fabric and frames now.

I must say that it is the most elegant living room I have ever seen. Beautiful choice of color and decor. Great work. You can see some more things from this useful source.

I love what you have done to your living room.  I am constantly looking for ideas as my living room is a little blah at the moment.  The colours are beautiful and go together so well, I am very impressed.  I have some swatches of fabric and have been meaning to do the same thing, I think this thread has inspired me to get busy on that.

Latest posts

Back