Ipsy Wait-list

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been on the wait-list for almost 4 weeks now! How long has it take others to get off of Ipsy's list and start their subscriptions =/

I think it really depends but I got my first bag this month and I was on the waitlist for about four weeks. 

I've been on the wait list for about 3 weeks now. Hoping to get next month's bag though!

I've been on the wait-list for almost 4 weeks now! How long has it take others to get off of Ipsy's list and start their subscriptions =/
it took me 4-5 months before I got excepted

I signed up for the wait list in mid August and received this months bag. Don't know how I seemed to skip the line. Two of my friends signed up when I did and also received the September bag.

My account page says "monthly wait list". I wonder if the month by month subscription wait list is longer than the yearly wait list, or even if yearly subscriptions are taken on before monthlies. I've been on the list for 2-1/2 weeks, but it seems longer , lol ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wonder if it depends on where in the world (US) you live? Perhaps they have different distribution centers around the states. Then your box comes from that distribution center, and each center has its own wait-list. 

Reason I think this may be the case is because of shipping options. It may be cheaper to ship locally and also quicker. 

This is all just a guess... lol 

Quote: Originally Posted by AmandaWarwick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wonder if it depends on where in the world (US) you live? Perhaps they have different distribution centers around the states. Then your box comes from that distribution center, and each center has its own wait-list. 

Reason I think this may be the case is because of shipping options. It may be cheaper to ship locally and also quicker. 

This is all just a guess... lol 

Maybe, but i'm in Kansas in the middle of the country and was only on the wait list for maybe two weeks. September was my first month.

I signed up on July 16th and received my subscription confirmation email on August 23rd. September was my first bag, and so worth the wait. I hope you get off the list soon, I know how torturous it is to have to wait!

Maybe, but i'm in Kansas in the middle of the country and was only on the wait list for maybe two weeks. September was my first month.
Well we can rule that theory out...I'm in Kansas and have been on the waitlist for a month.

Is it possible that when a spot opens, they grab the person that had signed up for the wait list last? Instead of grabbing people who have signed up first, they grab the last person that signed up. They could possibly wait awhile while the unsubscribed list piles up to say maybe 30, and then sign up the last 30 people to sign up for the waitlist? That is my take on it, because my friends and I all signed up within a few days of each other an all were notified of being taken off the waitlist within the same hour on the same day. 

I thought about it and think the answer has something to do with Ipsy's bag distinctions. They have a predetermined amount of products in specific tonal ranges. And the person chosen has to fit into the available tonal range. Meaning, you fill out their beauty survey and they come up with a category you fit into. So ...fair skin/light hair...dark skin/dark hair, etc. So when a spot fills up, it's filled by the next available person on the list with the same color designation. Does that make sense? Just a thought, and a possible explanation for the varying waitlist times we've seen on this thread.

Maybe? That seems like a really great explanation.

I do have a continuity issue though. I subbed to ipsy with two different email addresses (as a race). With the same answers to questions. With the first email address, I waited 4 weeks. With the second address, I waited 10 weeks. It's kind of a crap shoot. Just know that you haven't been forgotten. 

I signed up in the middle of September and I'm still on the waitlist. The sneak peaks are making it harder to wait!

Quote: Originally Posted by HeatherS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I signed up in the middle of September and I'm still on the waitlist. The sneak peaks are making it harder to wait!

I signed up around that time too.  I had to stop looking at their spoilers, it was torture.  I can't wait to be off the wait list!

Latest posts

Back