Slow Cooker Love <3

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I am using my slow cooker almost every day. It is so easy and makes such delicious meals. I have one from Hamilton Beach that has a probe setting and it cooks until your meat reaches your desired internal temperature, then it automatically switches to a 'keep warm' setting. So brilliant!

I make ham, roast, pulled pork, chilli, stew, and all kinds of chicken recipes in this bad boy. Two of my favourites are:

1) Beef Shoulder Roast- pour in two tablespoons of a pre-made alfredo sauce with a package of onion soup mix with a quarter cup of water. This makes a beautiful gravy. I cut up and add one full onion. Next I make a rub out of Montreal Steak Spice, ground black pepper, and chilli powder. Rub this into the meat generously, then add the steak to your slow cooker. Insert probe and took to internal temperature of 180 degrees (F). Part way through I like to add in any veggies that I would like cooked like red bell peppers. 

I served my roast with the cooked red bell pepper, onion and carrots from the slow cooker as well as some rice with salsa. 

2) BBQ Chicken Breasts- combine half a cup of ketchup, a quarter cup of brown sugar and a quarter cup of water. Add any spices you fancy (I like to add an epicure dip mix in 3 onion). Stir together and add with your cuts of boneless skinless chicken breasts (any cut of chicken works great) to the slow cooker. Select probe option and cook until the internal temperature reaches 175 degrees (F). Drain excess water once done and add your BBQ mixture again. 

I served my chicken with roasted broccoli, carrots onions and a faked garlic mashed potatoes (cauliflower instead of potatoes).

Cheers, 

Sara x0

Your dishes look delicious!  We make chicken in the crockpot all of the time, we usually save the liquid and use it for chicken broth, way better than anything you can buy at the grocery store and I love that we can control the amount of salt that is in it.  Most commercial brands are way too salty for our tastes.

Those meals look delicious! Now I want to make a roast in my slow cooker. I like the Alfredo idea- will definitely have to try that.

Back