Jump to content


Welcome to the new and improved MakeupTalk! Please see our announcement here!

Sponsors


Photo

(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013


  • Please log in to reply
1816 replies to this topic

#1 magicalmom

magicalmom

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

What are you all wanting in your October box?  I'm hoping for some great fall makeup, and the return of heavier moisturizers and hand creams!



#2 PeridotCricket

PeridotCricket

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

No Dr. Lipp. Lanolin = Ick. Fall nail polish, dark lip stick, and moistrizers without SPF would all be great. I would love to see the Sumita eyeliners again.

#3 beautynewbie

beautynewbie

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

Updates!
Be your own kind of beautiful wink.gif

#4 kawaiimeows

kawaiimeows

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

dark lipsticks (I NEED SOME, i'm sick of all my pinks and corals), skin stuff as always, a nice sultry perfume from atelier, and i agree about the sumita eyeliners too, i got black last time but would love to try the dark blue for fall.

 

ALSO a dark instain would be wonderful (or any dark blush), something kind of plum/mauve.



#5 celiajuno

celiajuno

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

Anything but lipstick. I am hoping they sample the Caudalie hand cream again.


.

#6 magicalmom

magicalmom

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post
 

dark lipsticks (I NEED SOME, i'm sick of all my pinks and corals), skin stuff as always, a nice sultry perfume from atelier, and i agree about the sumita eyeliners too, i got black last time but would love to try the dark blue for fall.

 

ALSO a dark instain would be wonderful (or any dark blush), something kind of plum/mauve.

 

Oooh, yes!  I know some people are hugely anti-perfume, but I do love the smaller luxury brand ones (i.e. Folle de Joie and Atelier scents!)

  I would also love a Sumita color in NOT-black!  Maybe a nice olive or purple...

#7 usofjessamerica

usofjessamerica

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

I want hand cream too! Hopefully one that isn't heavily scented

What are you all wanting in your October box?  I'm hoping for some great fall makeup, and the return of heavier moisturizers and hand creams!



#8 celiajuno

celiajuno

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post
 

 

Oooh, yes!  I know some people are hugely anti-perfume, but I do love the smaller luxury brand ones (i.e. Folle de Joie and Atelier scents!)

   

I would love to break my perfume drought this month. A nice new Atelier scent would be wonderful.


.

#9 sbeam36

sbeam36

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

Updates please! I would love any sample from benefit...since I havent yet received one in my box.

#10 missionista

missionista

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

Updates!  I'd love to see a return of some of the products from September.  There were lots that I wanted to try and didn't get to--Voesh, caudalie, etc.



#11 birdiebijou

birdiebijou

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:55 AM

Updates. Would love to try an instain blush, or anything from thebalm, really. September was good to me, and October is my 13th box/month so here's hoping for another good one!!

#12 kawaiimeows

kawaiimeows

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

I just totally revamped my profile after having a string of boxes that just didn't seem "right" for me. I won't say I've had box envy but lately the hair products I've gotten have been a total bust and made my hair look WORSE hahaha. I tried to change it up yet still keep it true to myself, so lets see how it works.



#13 allistra44

allistra44
  • LocationGreen Bay

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

Updates! I'd love colored mascara OR pretty much any eyeliner that isn't black! :) Also hoping they send out amika again 'cause I want to try the blow up spray!


Instagram/Twitter: @mmmakeupblog    :wub: 

Trade list       Blog       Facebook 

 


#14 AMaas

AMaas

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peridotcricket View Post

No Dr. Lipp. Lanolin = Ick.

Fall nail polish, dark lip stick, and moistrizers without SPF would all be great. I would love to see the Sumita eyeliners again.

Agreed!  I now own 2 of these samples.  I am not putting sheep wax on my lips. 



#15 Deareux

Deareux

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

I want a vampire glamour type of theme. Rich dark colours and luxurious skincare products. Or, simply put, I want lipstick.
Find me on my beauty blog @ http://www.deareux.com

#16 bellatrix42

bellatrix42

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

I really want to try the blow up spray as well. I also would like a Sumita eyeliner. I didn't get one last time. I've never gotten any eyeliner from Birchbox, and it's my favorite cosmetic.

#17 kawaiimeows

kawaiimeows

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deareux View Post

I want a vampire glamour type of theme. Rich dark colours and luxurious skincare products.

Or, simply put, I want lipstick.

 

I like the sound of this!



#18 lexxies22

lexxies22

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'm overloaded with lip and makeup stuff. I haven't been able to wear make up anymore due to wearing glasses. I couldn't afford to buy more contact lenses. My prescription is +6.25 so generally my eyes looks HUGE thru magnifying glasses so you can see my long lashes and eyes so eye makeup looks funny. LOL. Without my glasses, my eyes are small so I wear semi-heavy eye makeup to make these to pop since my long lashes are dark halfway with blonde hair tips on top. As if it looks like I don't have lashes. When I get make over at dept. store or Sephora, when applying mascara, the artist was like whoa you've got long lashes ! That's because they can't see thru blonde lashes tips on top. Probably sun bleached 'em. I would like some more skin care, hair, and hand cream (not claudalie brand sorry). I've tried a thousand different brands of hand creams. Claudalie doesn't smooth out or keep hydrated on my hands for a long period of time. I tried Egyptian Magic Cream which I got it from BB last month (Sept) and it works AWESOME. I like the fact it's multi purpose cream. It dries very quickly, smoothes out my skin, and acts on cuticule moisturizing so I don't need additional product: cuticule oil. I even applied it in a wound and it makes healing faster. It's similar to Elizabeth Arden's 8 hrs cream protectant. The problem with Arden's cream is it's made of 50% petroleum like Vaseline. Egyptian Magic Cream doesn't have that medical smell. There's another one is real good is CV SkinLabs Restorative Balm which has same consistency as Egyptian Magic Cream and no smell as well.

#19 BeautyLoverIT

BeautyLoverIT

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

I don't really know what I want.  But I would love more hair stuff and something fun for Halloween.

 

My box this month was perfect for me, as were the past two months.  Hopefully this month will be just as good.



#20 Reason

Reason

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexxies22 View Post

I'm overloaded with lip and makeup stuff. I haven't been able to wear make up anymore due to wearing glasses. I couldn't afford to buy more contact lenses. My prescription is +6.25 so generally my eyes looks HUGE thru magnifying glasses so you can see my long lashes and eyes so eye makeup looks funny. LOL. Without my glasses, my eyes are small so I wear semi-heavy eye makeup to make these to pop since my long lashes are dark halfway with blonde hair tips on top. As if it looks like I don't have lashes. When I get make over at dept. store or Sephora, when applying mascara, the artist was like whoa you've got long lashes ! That's because they can't see thru blonde lashes tips on top. Probably sun bleached 'em.

I would like some more skin care, hair, and hand cream (not claudalie brand sorry). I've tried a thousand different brands of hand creams. Claudalie doesn't smooth out or keep hydrated on my hands for a long period of time. I tried Egyptian Magic Cream which I got it from BB last month (Sept) and it works AWESOME. I like the fact it's multi purpose cream. It dries very quickly, smoothes out my skin, and acts on cuticule moisturizing so I don't need additional product: cuticule oil. I even applied it in a wound and it makes healing faster. It's similar to Elizabeth Arden's 8 hrs cream protectant. The problem with Arden's cream is it's made of 50% petroleum like Vaseline. Egyptian Magic Cream doesn't have that medical smell. There's another one is real good is CV SkinLabs Restorative Balm which has same consistency as Egyptian Magic Cream and no smell as well.

 

Did you know that they sell Eqyptian Magic at Costco now?  Well at least in California






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users