Benefit's Advent Calendar?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is anyone planning to get the Countdown to Love Advent Calendar from Benefit?

It's $68 and contains 24 mini-beauty items + surprises. (You can view the full item list on Sephora.com). On one point, I love surprises, advent calendars, and makeup. However, $68 bucks is a lot of cash to drop on travel sized beauty items (there's supposed to be 3 non-beauty items as well).

Me!  I am planning on ordering it.  I do not have hardly any Benefit products and this seems like a great way to get to try a lot of the products people and beauty bloggers love with out having to buy multiple gift sets!

Plus anything I do not like/want I can put aside for stocking stuffers or gifts for friends and family!

I also like the suprise aspect!  Everyday is something new!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is anyone planning to get the Countdown to Love Advent Calendar from Benefit?

It's $68 and contains 24 mini-beauty items + surprises. (You can view the full item list on Sephora.com). On one point, I love surprises, advent calendars, and makeup. However, $68 bucks is a lot of cash to drop on travel sized beauty items (there's supposed to be 3 non-beauty items as well).

Yup, I did the math for the value of this over in the Holiday Sets thread, if I recall the thread name correctly. Once you calculate per-ounce value, this works out to well over $150. I plan on ordering it on the 11th (payday!) assuming they still have any left since there are a lot of things in there that I had planned on buying in full-sized versions but would never use up even the sizes in this set, so this is an absolute bargain for me.

I kinda want this too.

Actually I kinda want every holiday set. 
icon_eek.gif

I think I might buy this. I have a few things from Benefit but not too many. I love the travel sized samples, they're big enough for me to decide if I'd repurchase or not. It sounds like great value for the $, but I'm not sure I can swing it right now. I hope they don't sell out!

I'm going to be buying it! It seems like a good value, and since I haven't tried many Benefit products it seems like this would be a good way to do it, especially since it seems like this set contains quite a bit of their big selling items. I remember when I was little they had advent calenders that had chocolate in it, and this reminds me of that, except it's way cooler because it has makeup and things in it! :)

I just bought this from Sephora for my daughter's 13th birthday in December...and it's HUGE! Lol. I wasn't expecting it to be so big. She's going to love it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is bad news bears for my budget, but there's no possible way I can't have it...miniature makeup is my weakness. sigh.

Order placed!  Whoo!  I'll probably rip it all apart the moment I get it and dump everything into a bin so I can use it NOW NOW NOW rather than waiting until December.  I'm not a huge fan of Christmas anyway.  (OTOH, I should be getting several sub boxes between now and when I get this, so I *might* be able to resist due to the distraction of Other Goodies.)

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Order placed!  Whoo!  I'll probably rip it all apart the moment I get it and dump everything into a bin so I can use it NOW NOW NOW rather than waiting until December.  I'm not a huge fan of Christmas anyway.  (OTOH, I should be getting several sub boxes between now and when I get this, so I *might* be able to resist due to the distraction of Other Goodies.)
Meaganola, is Benefit the only company doing this? I'd love to have MORE!!
icon_lol.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Meaganola, is Benefit the only company doing this? I'd love to have MORE!!
icon_lol.gif

Good question!

I'm skipping the Benefit calendar, but I do think it's such a great idea.

Here's the only other one I know of on Sephora:

s1541077-main-hero.jpg

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Good question!

I'm skipping the Benefit calendar, but I do think it's such a great idea.

Here's the only other one I know of on Sephora:

s1541077-main-hero.jpg

Oh,my! I keep hearing about Lush, but I've never tried them, so I thought something like this would be a great introduction!

Yeah, the only ones I know of are beneift and Ciate.  I would love more non-chocolate calendars! I heard that Davids Tea is doing one, but I can't find it on their site (at least not on the American side).  And that led me to Adagio Tea, where I used to get my tea when I was drinking a lot of iced tea instead of coffee, and that led me down an amazing rabbit hole:  Adagio now has a section where customers have created blends for various fandoms -- and there are sampler sets with FREAKISHLY ADORABLE TINS.  The tins are Altoids-type tins.  I could get a couple of sampler sets and make my own calendar, or I could get the sampler sets and have tea while watching, say, _Teen Wolf_ (and now Netflix can STOP JUDGING ME because I have run out of episodes there and will be viewing it on mtv.com) or listening to _Welcome to Night Vale_ (greatest podcast *ever*!).

Ahem.  Yeah.  I just know of these two.  I've been digging around looking for more, but it doesn't seem to be a big Thing in the US, so there just aren't many out there.  I can't even find the 2013 UK calendars I found a few weeks ago to see if they have any updates for 2012.  I really want the Selfridges one, but it's 84 pounds, which translates to more than $130, and I'm not sure whether I want to spend that much on it -- and then they might not even ship to the US.  It would be *amazing* if some of the indie makeup companies put together one of these -- or, even better, if several different indie companies banded together to put one out, so you could get Glamour Doll Eyes, Geek Chic, Espionage, Hit Polish, Glitter Guilty, Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, Villainess, and I don't even *know* what other companies, all in one box.  It would got them exposed to us -- and us exposed to them!  (Hmm, I wonder what it would take to organize something like that.  I'm sure it couldn't be done this year, but maybe next.)

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh,my! I keep hearing about Lush, but I've never tried them, so I thought something like this would be a great introduction!
Ciate is a nail polish brand that you can find at Sephora. Lush doesn't have an advent calendar, but their christmas stuff is up and available to order online now!

I already purchased and received the advent calendar about a week ago. It's sitting up at the top of my closet waiting for December. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So excited! I think it's a fun way to get introduced to the line and it's worth the value.

Latest posts

Back