Daily Photo Challenge: Halloween Inspiration! [Closed/ended]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Dear MakeupTalk fans! 
We are running a series of fun photo challenges this week! Each day will have a separate theme and  one lucky lady can win a $20 Sephora gift certificate!
Today's photo challenge theme: What will you be for Halloween? Upload a photo of what you plan to be for Halloween and describe in the caption what makeup you plan on wearing, any special costume items you need to make from scratch, purchase or convert. Impress us with your creativity and imagination!

Last year, everyone wanted to be Daenerys. Is she still the most desired Halloween costume character this year? What will yours be? 

Upload a photo in this thread and we'll select a random winner next week. We'll announce tomorrow's photo challenge theme in a new thread that we'll post here tomorrow, so check back tomorrow or subscribe to this forum to stay updated. 

Good luck!

The MakeupTalk Team

Sweepstakes Rules

Awesome! Hopefully this can help share inspiration for those who are still undecided.

I've been wanting to be Cruella Deville for a while now, and think now's the time!

I have a cream silk/black lace skirt and top, a black cloak, heels - all I need left is to decide on the best way to manage the two-tone hair and find a cigarette holder!

For my makeup, I'll be borrowing this inspiration from another Disney villain, Maleficent... dramatic cheek bones, dark lips, heavy eyes and a pale foundation. Any other suggestions?!

Love this!

I've just decided on being Princess Peach from Super Mario Bros (my hubby-to-be is going to be Mario, of course).  I just bought a costume, and can't wait to see it!  I'm using my blonde Leslie Knope wig from last year for my Peach hair.  Waste not, want not!

As for makeup, Peach keeps it simple.  But I'm going to have fun with my eye lashes and either 1) bat them up with a LOT of mascara, or 2) get some false lashes and try not to glue my lids shut.  I definitely need to start practicing my eyeliner skills, because Peach's liner is amazing.  Pink lip gloss to top things off!

Ok! So, I was thinking;
What do I like? Dramatic makeup, fashion, and gore
What do I have to work with? My natural long, thick red hair and waaaay too much makeup to play with.

So the only suitable costume, is of course...

A zombified Jessica Rabbit.

So we take this:

Add in a nice jaw maybe? Like this (Yes I own this walking dead missing jaw thing lol):

And Gore up what else I want sorta like this, but less, since I don't wanna lose some distinctive Rabbit features:

Add in some monster cleavage (Thank you contouring and a super padded bra lol) and a sparkly and revealing red dress (Which I'm pretty sure I already own), and I've got a costume. Well, I need to get some gloves too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Boom.

I'm going going as Don Corleone. I'm on the fence about makeup. I *do* want to add lines, age myself, makes my eyes look heavy, etc...but I know it won't be "pretty".

My boyfriend and I are planning to go as two peas in a pod based off of the salt and pepper shakers we have at home! (thats the game plan at least! we'll probably be called to bartend a party so this might not work)

we'll be painting our faces green and will use some pink face paint to get the cute circle blushe. I'll be wearing super lush falsie lashes! We'll be using a hoola hoop and fabric like to look "round" like this --

My back up plan is to be a pinup sailor if I'm bartending that night (or maybe another "night" of Hallowen that weekend!) Fishnets, red lipstick, major lush false eyelashes, and victory rolls in my hair :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm going to be Where's Waldo, I just need to find the beanie :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Not very creative but I like simple.

I want to be a unicorn for halloween lol :) I will buy the horn+ ears & tail kit from hot topic. I will be using hair chalk to streak my hair all rainbowish. For makeup I want to do a really glittery highlight and pink blush. For my eyes I want a really eye enlarging look so a glitter eye with a light pink crease. Cherry lashes #100 & pink contact lenses. For the outfit I will wear a rainbow or white leotard with a short rainbow tutu(make it from scratch, fabric cut into strips from walmart)and buy a pair of wings from the dollar store. To make the wings look fuller and realistic I will be gluing white feathers on the wings, layering for a better effect. Shoes, ill just use black flats since I dont have hoooves lol :)

This year I hope to pull of Jessica Rabbit.

Using this photo as my inspiration ..

This is how my makeup test turned out ..

What I'm using to make the look:

MAC Studio Tech Foundation

MAC Pro Longwear Bronzing Powder

MAC Shimmer Blush in Dollymix

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish .. ( applied just on the chin and cheek bones )

MAC Eye Shadow in Filament .. ( in the center corner of my eyes and brushed onto the lid )

MAC Eye Shadow in Black Tied .. ( brushed in half crescent motions moving from the outside in, so it blends with the previous color )

L'Oreal Lineup Intense .. ( applied on lash line and beyond to add a cat-eye liner flick )

Nameless Black Eyeliner .. (lining the bottom of the eye )

MAC Opulash Mascara

Nameless dash of loose glitter

Urban Decay Lip Pencil in Venom

Smashbox in Vivid Violet

MAC Lip Sheen in Please Me over top

And lastly, Smashbox lip gloss in 24/7

This will be paired with a sequin dress and bunny tail. Hop Hop.

Happy Halloween!!

XOXO, Ash

@slinka @AshVeeOverton I had a friend be Jessica Rabbit a few years ago and it was amazing. Don't forget the gloves!!

oh my goodness! thank you .. I had totally forgotten about them!

YOU JUST SAVED HALLOWEEN! haha

Go with the white leotard or else it will be overkill. I wonder where that white wig in the picture came from!

I want to be a unicorn for halloween lol :) I will buy the horn+ ears & tail kit from hot topic. I will be using hair chalk to streak my hair all rainbowish. For makeup I want to do a really glittery highlight and pink blush. For my eyes I want a really eye enlarging look so a glitter eye with a light pink crease. Cherry lashes #100 & pink contact lenses. For the outfit I will wear a rainbow or white leotard with a short rainbow tutu(make it from scratch, fabric cut into strips from walmart)and buy a pair of wings from the dollar store. To make the wings look fuller and realistic I will be gluing white feathers on the wings, layering for a better effect. Shoes, ill just use black flats since I dont have hoooves lol :)

hI IS MY FIRST TIME HERE ,HOPE U GUYS ENJOY WHAT I DID AND TAKE SOME IDEAS FOR HALLOWEEN.

Well I was inspire today and I want it to make something unusual a little scary. 

I used paper glue,zipper,liqued black liner,red lipstick,base,powder; things that I had in the moment.

I'm planning on being a She-Devil :3

I'm working up a pair of horns to wear (just need to resin/bondo and sand the crap out of them!!) and makeup-wise, I'm planning to go wild with false eyelashes and MAYBE get a little corpsepaint-y, but either way, I'll be going a bit wild with it ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

These are my inspirations!! ~

Clothing will be platform boots, a black wetlook dress, vinyl corset and FISHNET EVERYWHERE. I'm going for a sexy dominatrix look ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now I just need to get those horns finished!

Go with the white leotard or else it will be overkill. I wonder where that white wig in the picture came from!
yeah your right! White it is,:) hmmm I saw it online on the spirit store so im guessing there?

I've decided to be a witch. Yeah, it's not that intresting but I decorated the hat really nice. The accent if the costume is purple, so I gave the hat a purple spider, black feathers, purple glitter sticks, and a net vale in the back. I will post pics l8r

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back