Nail Art & Stamping

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwwe yay, thanks for starting this! I have quite a few plates at home and would love to start stamping at home. i have some Konad ones but also bought a set of Bundlemonster a few months ago. My issue is the price on the stamping polish but that's what you get when you want better quality. What is everyone else using for stamping?

Thank you so much, MuT and Zadidoll for setting up this forum for us to share our artistic manicures, product reviews, how-to ideas, etc. No matter what brand you love the most, this forum is for ALL nail polish brands. The focus is strictly on the art - whether it is a new version of a French manicure, learning to stamp, or just showing off your creativity with geometry, beginning to use rhinestones and striping tape, you name it - if it is beyond a simple and elegant single polish manicure, please share it with us here also, even though you may have also shared it with a subscription group or What Polish Are You Wearing? I hope this forum reflects all the beauty that is NAIL ART!

Quote: Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Awwwe yay, thanks for starting this! I have quite a few plates at home and would love to start stamping at home. i have some Konad ones but also bought a set of Bundlemonster a few months ago. My issue is the price on the stamping polish but that's what you get when you want better quality. What is everyone else using for stamping?
Ironically, my very first stamper is scheduled to be delivered in today's mail! I got the Konad double-ended stamper, the scraper, the image plate and ... sob ... ONE plate - a zebra print by Konad. I did not order any special polishes because I had heard that Bondi New York can be used for stamping too and since I have their whole collection, I plan on using it to try my first stamp. Does anyone have any ideas about the first step to take in Stamping or a favorite YouTube vlogger that is a MUST to learn about beginning stamping? So HAPPY that we are kicking off this forum ... hope to celebrate all weekend!!!
beer.gif
add_best_wishes.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ironically, my very first stamper is scheduled to be delivered in today's mail! I got the Konad double-ended stamper, the scraper, the image plate and ... sob ... ONE plate - a zebra print by Konad. I did not order any special polishes because I had heard that Bondi New York can be used for stamping too and since I have their whole collection, I plan on using it to try my first stamp. Does anyone have any ideas about the first step to take in Stamping or a favorite YouTube vlogger that is a MUST to learn about beginning stamping? So HAPPY that we are kicking off this forum ... hope to celebrate all weekend!!!
beer.gif
add_best_wishes.gif

Oooohh that's great- you will have a weekend full of fun!! Ironically I have just subscribed to the Bondi boxes (;.

The konad polish is great, I have to say (only tried black and white but I would like to try some colors as well). I watched a ton of youtube videos on nail art stamping when I got my first plates. It takes a minute to figure out the technique.

Some of the important things I learned:

You have to find the right timing after you scrape the plate. Once you scrape the plate and add the polish to your stamper, it dries fairly quick and only part of the picture could be transferred. Try on a sheet of paper to see how well the polish you are using stamps. A lot of the ones I tried are too thin. Make sure the polish you are stamping on is dry.

I will look up the links to a few youtube videos I liked and post them!

Oooohh that's great- you will have a weekend full of fun!! Ironically I have just subscribed to the Bondi boxes (;.

The konad polish is great, I have to say (only tried black and white but I would like to try some colors as well). I watched a ton of youtube videos on nail art stamping when I got my first plates. It takes a minute to figure out the technique.

Some of the important things I learned:

You have to find the right timing after you scrape the plate. Once you scrape the plate and add the polish to your stamper, it dries fairly quick and only part of the picture could be transferred. Try on a sheet of paper to see how well the polish you are using stamps. A lot of the ones I tried are too thin. Make sure the polish you are stamping on is dry.

I will look up the links to a few youtube videos I liked and post them!
Thanks for the tip about practicing on paper first and the timing ... I know basically zero about this area of nail art, but I knew I loved the beautiful designs I was seeing on the 30 Mani Marathon and decided I coud NOT wait until Christmas!!!

My stamper just arrived! A little confused that the scraper is part of the stamper. Not sure that is a good idea? Picture where I bought it from eBay did not show this feature. First question that isn't answered on the packages is about how to clean the plates???

My stamper just arrived! A little confused that the scraper is part of the stamper. Not sure that is a good idea? Picture where I bought it from eBay did not show this feature. First question that isn't answered on the packages is about how to clean the plates???
polish remover on a cotton ball works well for cleaning my plates

Awesome! I was secretly wishing there was some forum space strictly for nail art discussions :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Awesome! I was secretly wishing there was some forum space strictly for nail art discussions :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I am so happy to see you post here, Anastasia! I have gotten some great ideas from you and you also have some of the greatest nails and pictures imaginable!!! You are a true nail artiste!

I am so happy to see you post here, Anastasia! I have gotten some great ideas from you and you also have some of the greatest nails and pictures imaginable!!! You are a true nail artiste!
You flatter me, Angi 
icon_redface.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You flatter me, Angi 
icon_redface.gif

You INSPIRE me, Anastasia 
icon_idea.gif

You INSPIRE me, Anastasia 
icon_idea.gif

i second that! she always has the most beautiful nails and pictures!

I use primarily Sinful Colors Black on Black and Snow Me White for my black and white.  I use bottles that are at least 1/3rd gone and are starting to get thick.  Kleancolor black is awesome as is Wet n' Wild Black Creme and Milani High Speed Fast Dry in White On the Spot.  I also use a ton of Kleancolor (I have like a zillion mini's)  and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes for my other colors.  Silver Sweep is a great silver stamping polish.  Pretty much anything that is thicker and can go opaque in one coat is good.  Foil polishes work as well, I often use Color Club foil set.  I recommend trying a polish you like and if it doesn't stamp well keep trying with different polishes until it works.  I have some colors that won't pick up the thinner more detailed images but they are great for the larger ones and vice versa. 

As far as quality here is one of them I did with the Sinful Colors Black on Black and as you can see it's really crisp. I have never used a Konad polish mostly because I don't like waiting for shipping and the price is an issue.  I did spend $5.99 on the Milani because I heard such great things about it but it did the same thing my Snow Me White did and only after I had used it up a little. 

Sorry these are all duplicates of ones I have posted before but the relevance to this is why I am posting them here. 

Here is Sinful Colors Snow Me White over textured polish.  The only reason there is any missing areas is I did it in a hurry and didn't apply the stamp correctly on the tree image on my ring finger.

Here are a few others I did using primarily Sally Hansen polishes or the Sinful Colors Snow Me White. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Christa W /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I use primarily Sinful Colors Black on Black and Snow Me White for my black and white.  I use bottles that are at least 1/3rd gone and are starting to get thick.  Kleancolor black is awesome as is Wet n' Wild Black Creme and Milani High Speed Fast Dry in White On the Spot.  I also use a ton of Kleancolor (I have like a zillion mini's)  and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes for my other colors.  Silver Sweep is a great silver stamping polish.  Pretty much anything that is thicker and can go opaque in one coat is good.  Foil polishes work as well, I often use Color Club foil set.  I recommend trying a polish you like and if it doesn't stamp well keep trying with different polishes until it works.  I have some colors that won't pick up the thinner more detailed images but they are great for the larger ones and vice versa. 

As far as quality here is one of them I did with the Sinful Colors Black on Black and as you can see it's really crisp. I have never used a Konad polish mostly because I don't like waiting for shipping and the price is an issue.  I did spend $5.99 on the Milani because I heard such great things about it but it did the same thing my Snow Me White did and only after I had used it up a little. 

Sorry these are all duplicates of ones I have posted before but the relevance to this is why I am posting them here. 

Here is Sinful Colors Snow Me White over textured polish.  The only reason there is any missing areas is I did it in a hurry and didn't apply the stamp correctly on the tree image on my ring finger.

Here are a few others I did using primarily Sally Hansen polishes or the Sinful Colors Snow Me White. 

Thanks for the polish leads, Christa! Regarding relevance, it's all relevant if you don't know! (And my favorite mani is ..... the bottom one with the blue, yellow, and orange! Very creative mix of colors and the dottinail is the perfect finishing touch that brings it all together!
arco.gif

I would love to see a how to thread on nail stamping. I recently got a nail stamping kit but I can't seen to get the stamping right.

Quote: Originally Posted by bonita22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would love to see a how to thread on nail stamping. I recently got a nail stamping kit but I can't seen to get the stamping right.
Would a step by step example or a video be more helpful?  I made my nieces and Sister-in-law a video when I bought them stamping supplies for their birthdays in August.  I'd be happy to do a shorter video for any MUT members or I can do a how to tutorial type post if that's better. 

Quote: Originally Posted by bonita22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@bonita22, a separate thread for different items is one my to-do list! I got my stamper today and am ready to try it out tomorrow. Can you all suggest some separate threads that need to be added?

If any of you follow Dee's Dazzling Designs, she has a new blog post about stamping plates today. 

Latest posts

Back