MSM "scrub"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, i`ve bought msm powder to take in. But now i was thinking of using it as a scrub for face. Cuz i`ve read msm is very good. But with what should i mix it to make it sticky, me myself was thinking of olive oil. Would this be a good face scrub? TIA :icon_smil

BTW, has anybody used face products that has msm in it already? Its supposed to be good for dark spots and so. I wanted to try aloe vera gel with msm in it, but can`t find it. That`s why i`m thinking of using the "powder scrub" that i`ve write above. bump :icon_smil

Thx for the reply :icon_cool I was thinking of mixing it with aloe, but like you`ve "said" I don`t think it would melt enough to use as a moisturizer. I`m just gonna use it as a scrub then! I only take it internally for 4 days now and i hope it will improve my bad/dry scalp! :icon_wink

Kim has explained everything well. You know the thing with food is now, that not everything is "pure" anymore, cuz of chemicals, envirimon (sp) and so. So the foods do loose half of there minerals, so that`s why i take "pure" msm in powder form now, so i know i will get more "benefits" from it, then if i only would eat food! :icon_smil

I have been taking MSM on a regular basis for the past 5 years. I have seen it in various skin care products but never used it any other way than supplement form. Let us know how it works, Sharna!

have you noticed a significant difference in your skin since using the msm?

maybe organic foods would give you better results? i get afraid of taking too many supplements. although, i swear by my gnc vitamin.

No, you certainly don't! You look amazing, Kim!

Not really but then I have been taking it as well as quite a few other supplements for soo long now. My skin has dramatically improved over the last year but I think that is from microdermabrasion and better skin care. Maybe the supplements do more than I realize and are keeping me from getting wrinkles so I continue to take them. Along with the MSM, I also take large doses of grapeseed extract and Coenzyme Q10 which I started taking when I was 19. I take alot of other supplements including a multi vitamin but the ones I mentioned are the ones i've been most consistant with.

Actually Lisa and the rest :icon_chee . I did use it a couple hours ago. I did mix some powder with olive oil (the oil wasn`t a good one tho), and it did looked like a "proffesional" scrub. I didn`t scrubbed too long, cuz i`ve sensitive skin. But it was ok, cuz my face wasn`t red after it. I think it can do a good job if i will use it longer. Only next time i`m gonna use less powder, so that it will be easier to apply/rub! If my scars will become lighter, then i know it`s b/c of the scrub, cuz i don`t use any other treatments for scars!

Sounds cool. Keep us updated on the results.

Have you ever used the aspirin mask? I have been using it and love it! I leave it on for awhile and then wet my hands and scrub my face before rinsing it off. It really makes the skin smooth.

Well i think those supplements works, cuz you sure have smooth skin and Kim`s skin is also amazing :icon_love Btw, i have read that if you take MSM it`s good to take more vit c, cuz it will make the msm absorb better! I take my MSM powder in with orange juice!

Yes i`ve used the aspirin mask and i have used it exactly like you. But i don`t think it works for me, my face looks dry after it...hm! But i`m glad that it works for you :icon_smil

Hm... i wonder where you can get Coenzyme Q10 and for what it`s good, cuz i have heard of it, but don`t know much of it :icon_bigg

I no longer have tiny bumps on my forehead, which I haven't been able to say in about 4 years. I was pleasantly surprised by the results of the Shielo Complexion Scrub. The scrubber is very effective and make sure to exfoliate with your hands after. Worth trying!

Back