-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Memebox

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Ipsy Glam Bag: January 2014 (Spoilers/Discussion!)

• Please log in to reply
2887 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 2888 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

Queen of the Vampire Cats

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,668 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

Sneak Peek #1: January 6, 2014

JANUARY 2014 GLAM BAG SNEAK PEEK #1: Fabulous lips, Fabulous life! One of these lip products will give you a reason to have some adventure this new year!

One of the items is (MALIN + GOETZ) mojito lip balm (retail: $12). The lip items in the pots are unknown but it kind of reminds me of Cailyn Cosmetics lip balms we've had a couple of months ago. MicaBella/MicaBeauty also has these same lip balm pots with brush.

Sneak Peek #2: January 7, 2014

JANUARY 2014 GLAM BAG SNEAK PEEK #2: So many beautiful horizons ahead! Make your 2014 your mostly beautiful year ever with one of these great products. http://mygl.am/Jan2014SneakPeek2

One item is from Yaby the other two say "Smooth Shadow" which are from Elizabeth Mott. Hopefully the Yaby item is a color corrector and not the liquid foundation since foundation is so personal.

Sneak Peek #3: January 8, 2014

JANUARY 2014 GLAM BAG SNEAK PEEK #3: Gorgeous for 2014, 24/7! From desk to dinner, your lovely look will last with one of these awesome products. http://mygl.am/Jan2014SneakPeek3

Sneak Peek #4: January 9, 2014

JANUARY 2014 GLAM BAG SNEAK PEEK #4: The 2014 adventure begins now! Start it off right with two of these picks in your January Glam Bag! http://mygl.am/Jan2014SneakPeek4

Sneak Peek #5: January 10, 2014

JANUARY 2014 GLAM BAG SNEAK PEEK #5: 2014 is full of reasons to get gorgeous and tote your all-day essentials in your January Glam Bag!

The January Core Bag

• CryssBou likes this

#Post 2 of 2888 OFFLINE   kitnmitns

kitnmitns

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Joined 08-November 12
Reviews

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

Thinking ahead...

#Post 3 of 2888 OFFLINE   biancardi

biancardi

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts
  • Joined 07-September 13
Reviews

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

lol

#Post 4 of 2888 OFFLINE   ashynichole

ashynichole

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Joined 10-June 13
Reviews

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:21 AM

I was actually thinking about this the other day, because I'm moving to a different house on January 2nd! So I'll be so busy with that.... but I'll still be watching for spoilers lol

#Post 5 of 2888 OFFLINE   magicalmom

magicalmom

Austen's Acolyte

• Super Moderators
  • 5,108 posts
  • Joined 10-November 12
Reviews

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:45 AM

Yay!   January Ipsy!  I hope it's just as awesome as last years'!

#Post 6 of 2888 OFFLINE   biancardi

biancardi

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts
  • Joined 07-September 13
Reviews

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:53 AM

what was in last years?

#Post 7 of 2888 OFFLINE   MissJexie

MissJexie

Rachel

• Super Moderators
  • 2,392 posts
  • Joined 13-November 13
Reviews

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancardi View Post

what was in last years?

It was a red Nailtini polish, Josie Maran Argan Oil, a Soho brand crease brush, Big Sexy Hair volumizing hair spray and Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange body lotion. Wasn't my favorite but I loved the Josie Maran and the Pacifica!

• mindcaviar, meliboomboompow and biancardi like this

mutlogo.jpg 

My Blog: Harlot Beauty  :luv: 

#Post 8 of 2888 OFFLINE   teamomof8

teamomof8

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Joined 05-October 13
Reviews

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:16 AM

I can't believe January is only 2 weeks away!! 

Tia

#Post 9 of 2888 OFFLINE   magicalmom

magicalmom

Austen's Acolyte

• Super Moderators
  • 5,108 posts
  • Joined 10-November 12
Reviews

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

It was definitely one of my faves... my first Josie Maran and Pacifica products, the brush was fantastic and fluffy, the hairspray worked well with my hair, and at the time, I didn't have any red polishes (it's still my only "perfect" bright red creme polish).  

I also really loved the bag (I think it's still one of the biggest bags we've gotten, plain navy on the outside, inside lined with navy fabric with white stars).  And the bag really helped me out of a post-holiday slump.  Holidays were over, kids were back in school, extended family had left, it was finally starting to get super-cold down here... and BAM!  Package of awesomeness, especially the tropical-scented lotion.  Not everyone was pleased (there was a huge "NO MAKEUP!!??" backlash on FB), but it made me happy!

• mindcaviar likes this

#Post 10 of 2888 OFFLINE   MissJexie

MissJexie

Rachel

• Super Moderators
  • 2,392 posts
  • Joined 13-November 13
Reviews

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

It was definitely one of my faves... my first Josie Maran and Pacifica products, the brush was fantastic and fluffy, the hairspray worked well with my hair, and at the time, I didn't have any red polishes (it's still my only "perfect" bright red creme polish).  

I also really loved the bag (I think it's still one of the biggest bags we've gotten, plain navy on the outside, inside lined with navy fabric with white stars).  And the bag really helped me out of a post-holiday slump.  Holidays were over, kids were back in school, extended family had left, it was finally starting to get super-cold down here... and BAM!  Package of awesomeness, especially the tropical-scented lotion.  Not everyone was pleased (there was a huge "NO MAKEUP!!??" backlash on FB), but it made me happy!

I LOVED the bag too! I still use it to hold all my sample-sized skincare stuff in my bathroom. I'm almost positive it IS the biggest bag we've gotten from Ipsy, and the lining was super cute! I had no problem with their being no makeup because honestly, I think Ipsy went too far the other way. People were always yelling, "more makeup!" at Ipsy, Birchbox and every other beauty subscription, and Ipsy has definitely delivered, but I would LOVE it if this year they partnered up with more skincare brands (like they did later in this 2013 with Michael Todd, Ole Henricksen, H20 etc) and maybe include more beauty tools. I love makeup, but it's nice to have an array of items across the whole spectrum of beauty!

• mindcaviar and ViciousT like this

mutlogo.jpg 

My Blog: Harlot Beauty  :luv: 

#Post 11 of 2888 OFFLINE   Tiffany27la

Tiffany27la

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • Joined 30-May 13
Reviews

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

I can't wait for January spoilers!!!!!!
Posted Image

#Post 12 of 2888 OFFLINE   Alicia Loves

Alicia Loves

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Joined 03-July 13
Reviews

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

I can't wait for the spoilers to begin!

#Post 13 of 2888 OFFLINE   gypsiemagic

gypsiemagic

Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
Reviews

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

I hope lots of companies have leftover samples from all their holiday kits and we get all the leftover goodies!! :) 

• MissJexie likes this
Untitled-4.png

#Post 14 of 2888 OFFLINE   NaydeneM

NaydeneM

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 03-October 13
Reviews

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:23 AM

Let the spoilers begin! :icon_smil

#Post 15 of 2888 ONLINE   button6004

button6004

Glitter and Pink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Joined 18-September 13
Reviews

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:17 AM

I would love for everyone to get a makeup tool this month. Like a good blush brush or something fun. I would have loved the Mirabella brush.

#Post 16 of 2888 ONLINE   allistra44

allistra44

Allison ♥

• Super Moderators
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined 05-October 12
Reviews

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

Updates! :headphonedance:

Instagram/Twitter: @mmmakeupblog :wizard:
Trade List Dream List Blog Facebook Pinterest

#Post 17 of 2888 ONLINE   kaitlin1209

kaitlin1209

Caltoru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Joined 28-September 13
Reviews

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:42 AM

Last January's bag was so good!  I've recently unsubscribed from Ipsy but my sister still gets it and I'm hoping there are some gems she doesn't want!

#Post 18 of 2888 OFFLINE   LuckyMoon

LuckyMoon

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • Joined 04-May 13
Reviews

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

Last January was a great bag!  I have bought 2 more full-sized Josie Maran argan oils since trying it in this bag for the first time.  Also, I have fell in love w/almost anything Pacifica because of the lotion in that bag.

Here's hoping this January Ipsy bag is as great as last years!

Trade List updated 9/12:

http://www.makeuptal...ons-trade-list/

#Post 19 of 2888 OFFLINE   teamomof8

teamomof8

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Joined 05-October 13
Reviews

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:58 AM

Decisions decisions...I just got an email to instantly take myself off the waitlist for an email address that I signed up last month for a gift for my sister...she signed herself up and so I don't need it now...I'm tempted to keep it for at least January for a second bag for myself. I went ahead and clicked the link, I guess I'll get 2 bags in January, then decide after that if it's worth keeping. My 2 oldest daughters already get their own bags but I have an 11 year old that is just starting to wear gloss and loves nail polish so I'm thinking whatever she won't use can always go on my trade list to get things that I don't get in my bag right? :icon_wink

Tia

#Post 20 of 2888 OFFLINE   misslaurelann

misslaurelann

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Reviews

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:14 AM

I'm really hoping for a body scrub in this bag! I've been going through them like crazy so far this winter. Also would love a powder highlighter or blush that isn't from one of the brands we've seen a million times.NO mascara, NO lipgloss, NO liners (lip or eye), NO red lip products!