Loot Crate

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody else subscribed to this box? It's a geek themed monthly box. The price is $13.37 + Shipping (about $18 or so total).

I recently subscribed and am two months in. I just got my October box yesterday and it is fantastic!

I am !! There is actually another thread on this somewhere, but interest died out. My boyfriend and I agreed that October is the best month yet

October's crate looks super cool :) Has anybody subscribed to nerd block? I think the only major difference would be that the nerd block always includes a t shirt but other than that the concept seems the same. I've been debating which one I should sub to.. Any thoughts?

Quote:Originally Posted by jennav3v3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

October's crate looks super cool :) Has anybody subscribed to nerd block? I think the only major difference would be that the nerd block always includes a t shirt but other than that the concept seems the same. I've been debating which one I should sub to.. Any thoughts?

I remember seeing an ad for nerd block the other day and being intrigued, but my sub budget is full. lol. It looks cool!! Let us know if you go for it!

Will do! I think I'll probably start off with loot crate since nerd block is just starting out, that way I can see a few boxes before I go for it

Quote:Originally Posted by jennav3v3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I remember seeing an ad for nerd block the other day and being intrigued, but my sub budget is full. lol. It looks cool!! Let us know if you go for it!

I've seen Nerd Block over at My Subscription Addiction. It's a little pricier than Loot Crate at $20 + shipping (about $9 for US subscribers), so about $30 a box. They do include a shirt in every box though.

I don't think I'll be getting Nerd Block. It's more expensive, and I don't need a bunch of shirts that I might not wear. It doesn't look like they have any sort of theme for their boxes either, just geeky stuff in general, while Loot Crate does put together a theme for each box.

However, these boxes are great to get some re-giftable items for the holiday season. I know of a friend who would really like the TMNT bobble head I got from September's Loot Crate.

I honestly think I'd be interested in the shirt and wear it maybe once before it became pj attire :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it seems like a cool idea. I'm just thinking I don't want to pay the extra cost for something that won't get much use.

Quote:Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've seen Nerd Block over at My Subscription Addiction. It's a little pricier than Loot Crate at $20 + shipping (about $9 for US subscribers), so about $30 a box. They do include a shirt in every box though.

I don't think I'll be getting Nerd Block. It's more expensive, and I don't need a bunch of shirts that I might not wear. It doesn't look like they have any sort of theme for their boxes either, just geeky stuff in general, while Loot Crate does put together a theme for each box.

However, these boxes are great to get some re-giftable items for the holiday season. I know of a friend who would really like the TMNT bobble head I got from September's Loot Crate.

That's kinda my though on the shirts and cost. Also, these boxes are GREAT for saving for gifts!! Anything in the boxes we don't think we'll use, we store in an old box for birthdays and christmas for my boyfriend's sisters and my brother. They're great things you probably wouldn't think of getting, but are perfect.

Quote: Originally Posted by skylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's kinda my though on the shirts and cost.

Also, these boxes are GREAT for saving for gifts!! Anything in the boxes we don't think we'll use, we store in an old box for birthdays and christmas for my boyfriend's sisters and my brother. They're great things you probably wouldn't think of getting, but are perfect.

True, they make great last minute gifts and whatnot. The prices for the big items from Loot Crate usually go over the cost for the box. The shirt and book from this month's box make up more than the cost, plus all of the extra little things.

OMG! I LOVE that shirt. My loot crate is enroute - now that I saw the spoiler here I can't wait for it to arrive!

This month was my first Loot Crate and I'm in love =) I get a lot of make up boxes, and this is a really unique and refreshing change.

I bought 3 months worth of it for my husband earlier this year, and it just wasn't worth it and canceled. We're both nerds, but the boxes were boring and cheap looking that we got, and they didn't have anything worth keeping in them. I think we have the Mario back pack still from the boxes that my husband still uses sometimes for trips. Maybe we just got a bad time of the year or something.

I love the look of loot crate. We keep asking for uk shipping and it may be soon. We have nothing like this and the boxes look so cool.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lorna ljblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the look of loot crate. We keep asking for uk shipping and it may be soon. We have nothing like this and the boxes look so cool.
If I'm not mistaken, Nerd Block (competing sub) ships worldwide. I'm not subbed to that one but I've seen unboxings on blogs, youtube and it looks comparable.

I am anxiously awaiting spoilers for November. I seriously hope they do something Dr Who themed. Pleeeeeaaaase do something Dr Who themed! 

oh there starting uk shipping very soon ..o m g  the wait is getting bad,please no dr who theme till we can sub please. I'm resorting to buy the book from octobers loot crate from amazon uk .we need more geek in the uk.and can't wait to get my hands on my crate.i think we are all checking twitter everyday for updates.

How long have you all been subbed for?  I want to sign up so badly, but I'm nervous that it will be great one month and, the next, I'll just get a box full of "The Cake is a Lie" stickers.  To give you an idea of my nerdiness, I made all the wall decor and coasters for our home.  Things like this...

How long have you all been subbed for?  I want to sign up so badly, but I'm nervous that it will be great one month and, the next, I'll just get a box full of "The Cake is a Lie" stickers.  To give you an idea of my nerdiness, I made all the wall decor and coasters for our home.  Things like this...
Wow, that looks epic! I have only been with Loot Crate for a month so I don't know how consistent they are. The reviews for the previous couple of months seem pretty good though, so they do seem to be on a roll with fun items.

Latest posts

Back