• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Rouge Members - Banned? Discuss!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kawaiisofoxy

Indie Ingenue
Reaction score
This is the new thread fo discussing the Rouge members that have been banned by Sephora.  Please remember our TOS and do not make any personal statements against any other MUT member in this thread.  Refer to our Terms of Service or ask a moderator if you have any questions!

I was banned from placing orders online on sephora. I am yet to hear back from them. Regardless I have already taken my money elsewhere.

I was banned for placing too many orders because I sometimes split up my orders because I had the free shipping perk that goes with being a vib rouge and because I usto shop exclusively with them. I'm a makeup fanatic and I chose to spend most of money with them. Most of my posts regarding this issue and my experience of being banned can be found in the sephora active codes discussion.

Hi everyone,

I've been following the sephora active codes thread since September and was pretty addicted to Sephora (and got my BF addicted too!) until I experienced the same problem as others who are getting in trouble for spending money with Sephora.

I joined specifically to tell you that this banning stuff is not made up.

This morning, I posted on the Beauty Talk thread related to the Policy Code Violation/Banning that was posted in previous replies on this forum using the same user name, KateLovesYSL.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB-ROUGE/UPDATE-POLICY-VIOLATION-CANCELLED-ORDERS-AND-BANNING/td-p/880459

After posting, Sephora answered in their usual corporate lingo and I believe made it so that further replies or comments could not be posted.  I tried to answer questions that people asked but got error message each of the 10 times I tried to reply. That's why I asked a question about Naked 3 in another post to see if it was a problem with the whole site or if it was just for that discussion. And, just like I thought, it was just for that dicussion. Sephora is trying to prevent people from talking about this and have not addressed this problem like a company that relies on repeat business should.

I too feel hurt and insulted that this is happening to me. They have yet to contact me back even after I posted this morning.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB-ROUGE/UPDATE-POLICY-VIOLATION-CANCELLED-ORDERS-AND-BANNING/td-p/880459

There's a new story of a banning as the top comment.

Also, for the record, to respond to some allegations directed my way: !. I myself am not banned from Sephora 2. I have no sock accounts (the idea that a bunch of new people came to share their story once I joined is laughable since I joined in September [this has only become a point of discussion the last 3 weeks or so])  and I was one of the most cynical voices at the beginning- see the following posts: 

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/131177/sephora-codes-deals-sales-and-discussion/5130#post_2219156

and

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/131177/sephora-codes-deals-sales-and-discussion/5160#post_2220498

3. I don't now, nor have I ever, sold on eBay. 4. I don't have a "side" on this, I just thought it was unfair for some people to say that every girl who says she has been banned is lying or a fake. I myself originally thought this, actually. But I keep seeing more and more stories on Sephora's own boards came up- so I thought girls on our boards should know about it, and thought we should talk about it. That's all, and I'm sorry for the semi-OT, but there were certain statements made about me that I was unable to defend myself against since this subject can't be talked about on the main board anymore.

Also, if anyone wants screen caps, I would be happy to relink the ones I've made and make new ones for those who can't read the board.

Another banned member here!!! I will be contacting Sephora to clear this up as they are just making things up as they go.....I've had three different reasons as to why I'm banned. I just want my name cleared!!

Also, if anyone wants screen caps, I would be happy to relink the ones I've made and make new ones for those who can't read the board.
Thanx....and once again, thanks for stepping up and defending us. It's greatly appreciated! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, they don't want non rouge members to know once you spend all your money they ban you. Lol
So true!! They've already deleted so many threads already!! What we see on BT now is only a small fraction of the people who are banned!!! They are in serious damage control now!! It appears they deleted what they could and when we started to notice threads disappearing, Sephora just blocks people from responding!! NOT COOL!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by ohsailor /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's a new story of a banning as the top comment.

Also, for the record, to respond to some allegations directed my way: !. I myself am not banned from Sephora 2. I have no sock accounts (the idea that a bunch of new people came to share their story once I joined is laughable since I joined in September [this has only become a point of discussion the last 3 weeks or so])  and I was one of the most cynical voices at the beginning- see the following posts: 

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/131177/sephora-codes-deals-sales-and-discussion/5130#post_2219156

and

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/131177/sephora-codes-deals-sales-and-discussion/5160#post_2220498

3. I don't now, nor have I ever, sold on eBay. 4. I don't have a "side" on this, I just thought it was unfair for some people to say that every girl who says she has been banned is lying or a fake. I myself originally thought this, actually. But I keep seeing more and more stories on Sephora's own boards came up- so I thought girls on our boards should know about it, and thought we should talk about it. That's all, and I'm sorry for the semi-OT, but there were certain statements made about me that I was unable to defend myself against since this subject can't be talked about on the main board anymore.
In ohsailor's defense, we had spoken in pm's back when both of us were still having our doubts about all of this, and we even speculated on the possibility that these could be sock accounts/trolls given the low post counts.  So it's not like either of us didn't notice the low post counts or that the possibility that these could be sock accounts/trolls didn't occur to us.  But both of us ended up rejecting that possibility.  

And yeah, in most of the discussion about it, me and ohsailor were among the more cynical people participating in the discussion. 

Anyway, that's all I'm gonna say about this.

In ohsailor's defense, we had spoken in pm's back when both of us were still having our doubts about all of this, and we even speculated on the possibility that these could be sock accounts/trolls given the low post counts.  So it's not like either of us didn't notice the low post counts or that the possibility that these could be sock accounts/trolls didn't occur to us.  But both of us ended up rejecting that possibility.   And yeah, in most of the discussion about it, me and ohsailor were among the more cynical people participating in the discussion.  Anyway, that's all I'm gonna say about this.
It's ok to speculate and question the validity of the posts. If you asked me a month ago, I would've said, "REALLY?" These people MUST'VE done something wrong!! However, after being banned myself, dealing with the horrible CSRs and their "made up" stories, I know there MUST be a lot of innocent people out there like myself. I know it's possible that people can make up multiple accounts, but it just hadn't crossed my mind as to how doing so would benefit them. I genuinely believe those who post their experience mean no ill will and are just trying to help. Part of the problem is that Sephora has a really crap system (I'd use another word to describe it if I could on this forum). There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why they are banning members and what constitutes a ban and what doesn't. It's one day you can order just fine and another day, you're cut off! Many people don't believe us because it appears from reading posts on the main thread that many people place multiple orders in a short span, reuse promo codes like there's no tomorrow, set up multiple accounts, and they have not been banned. Anyhow, for those who are banned, if you have the chance, I'd like to read about your experience and whether or not it was possible to have your ban lifted. And for those of you who aren't banned, I hope our experiences can help shine a light on what seems to be a seriously flawed Sephora system.

I am not a VIB Rouge, but my account is banned as well. I only made 3 purchase online this year, and each order is less than $100. I didn't use any promo code more than once. The only thing I can think of is I use the $10 Groupon GC with a 10%off promo code in October. I tried to call the CS rep, and you can see my post too if you go to Sephora's Facebook page. I feel like the CS rep is just kicking the ball around and no one can really give me a reason why my account is banned. Someone said it was because of my credit card, and someone said it was because my address is associated to too many people( there are only 3 people live in my apartment, if 3 is too many...)  I just feel so helpless... 

I am not a VIB Rouge, but my account is banned as well. I only made 3 purchase online this year, and each order is less than $100. I didn't use any promo code more than once. The only thing I can think of is I use the $10 Groupon GC with a 10%off promo code in October. I tried to call the CS rep, and you can see my post too if you go to Sephora's Facebook page. I feel like the CS rep is just kicking the ball around and no one can really give me a reason why my account is banned. Someone said it was because of my credit card, and someone said it was because my address is associated to too many people( there are only 3 people live in my apartment, if 3 is too many...)  I just feel so helpless... 
Did they ever reinstate your account? I'm sorry this happened to you. If the order went through then how were you supposed to know if using two offers could potentially get you banned? I would call them to complain to a supervisor or manager. Seems like they are giving different reasons to you as they did with me

I was also told it was my credit card after they told me I can continue to order over $25 and this is my warning! I did not get any warning at all. I ordered over $50 worth of stuff and a rep put my order through over the phone. It got cancelled within a couple of hours... not because of my credit card... But by Sephora. Why would they flat out lie?

I would definitely encourage others to share their stories too. I saw many complaints on beauty talk before most of the posts got deleted. I know this because my post also got deleted before I was kicked out of BT. I'm not even allowed to post on there. I just want to add I never said anything disrespectful. I have only posted a couple times on there ever. I simply expressed my concern of having my orders cancelled by sephora and please can someone advise me on what to do. After being given the runaround I am completely annoyed about the whole thing. I'm frustrated with my whole experience with Sephora.

Hi everyone, I've been following the sephora active codes thread since September and was pretty addicted to Sephora (and got my BF addicted too!) until I experienced the same problem as others who are getting in trouble for spending money with Sephora. I joined specifically to tell you that this banning stuff is not made up. This morning, I posted on the Beauty Talk thread related to the Policy Code Violation/Banning that was posted in previous replies on this forum using the same user name, KateLovesYSL. http://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB-ROUGE/UPDATE-POLICY-VIOLATION-CANCELLED-ORDERS-AND-BANNING/td-p/880459 After posting, Sephora answered in their usual corporate lingo and I believe made it so that further replies or comments could not be posted.  I tried to answer questions that people asked but got error message each of the 10 times I tried to reply. That's why I asked a question about Naked 3 in another post to see if it was a problem with the whole site or if it was just for that discussion. And, just like I thought, it was just for that dicussion. Sephora is trying to prevent people from talking about this and have not addressed this problem like a company that relies on repeat business should. I too feel hurt and insulted that this is happening to me. They have yet to contact me back even after I posted this morning.
Did they give you a reason why you were banned? It seems like spending over a certain amount and splitting orders could be causing accounts to be flagged? Let's say you order average of $25 each time.... Already that's twice as many orders than last year when they didn't have the vib rouge program. Also the free shipping perk encourages their customers to spend a lot more than without the free shipping perk. Isn't that what they wanted.... To make more money? Then they accuse people of being resellers. Naturally I sometimes pick up some multiples for back ups or to gift. My mistake was giving them all my money. Are you able to post on BT from your account?

just wondering -- if your order get cancelled (due to banning or due to item being stock or whatever), do they send you an email to notify you? or does your order just kinda..disappear?

Back