Birchbox January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm afraid of what I will get because I've been pretty happy with my last few boxes. I due for a real stinker.

Disappointed in my December box so I'm hoping for an amazing January box. I am so hoping for a lip scrub in one of my sub boxes, even if it's a small sample I would be happy.

My December box was not exciting for me. I got 2 boxes in November, also not so great. I'm just not as thrilled with Birchbox as I was last Winter. Every box I've seen for December has been blah. I thought maybe I'm feeling the Birchbox Burnout after a year and a half, but it's not just me. I am looking forward to January's box and comtemplating February already.

At the rate my December box is coming. It may be Janurary before I get it. Ever since I switched to a yearly sub. My box is coming later and later.

Quote: Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My December box was not exciting for me. I got 2 boxes in November, also not so great. I'm just not as thrilled with Birchbox as I was last Winter. Every box I've seen for December has been blah. I thought maybe I'm feeling the Birchbox Burnout after a year and a half, but it's not just me. I am looking forward to January's box and comtemplating February already.
I've had Birchbox Burnout so many times that I'm on my 4th time subscribing! LOL I feel like the quality of what they send and how they curate the boxes goes in waves. I've had 2 out of 3 of my boxes this time around be pretty lackluster. The only thing that's keeping me around is that they have such a great rewards program...I think that's what keeps a lot of us subscribed! haha

I'm excited about this one!  I cancelled Ipsy after about 6 months.. we'll see how I feel about it next month!  I still haven't gotten my December box and I'm excited about January!

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't think I'll ever cancel Birchbox tbh. Even though I'm not always happy with the samples, the points system makes up for it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Agreed! Always amazed at all the stuff I'm able get with discount codes/points. 
smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't think I'll ever cancel Birchbox tbh. Even though I'm not always happy with the samples, the points system makes up for it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I honestly think that's why most people stay! I mean, you get approximately 50 points per box, which is $5 in the shop. So you pay $10 for samples shipped to your door (we always forget about the cost of shipping!) and a $5 credit for their online store. Honestly, even when I have less than stellar samples I don't cancel because it's not just about the samples, it's the whole service all-together. They're a genuine sampling service, where their main goal is to send people products from brands that we haven't tried/have wanted to try etc, and then give us credit so that we can buy full sizes of the items we sample. For all the complaints and harassment they get on their facebook, you would think people forget what they actually signed up for!

Same here.  The December box was my 20th month, and I'd say that I've been really pleased with 75% of my box contents overall. When I look at the big picture, it's pretty inexpensive: $110 for annual subscription, get back $5-$6 in points each month, so the net cost is about $4 per month for my little "present."  Plus, Birchbox keeps adding great brands, like Laura Mercier, Benefit, Eyeko, LAQA, Suki, etc. Awesome mix of big names and more indie companies.

2013 was my first full year subscribing to Birchbox (started in May 2012), and it's the first time ever that I didn't earn enough Sephora points for VIB for the upcoming year (2014). I'm $52 away, but I'm not going to buy something just to get there.  More and more of my beauty budget is going to Birchbox
icon_lol.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by LizGeary /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bb posted this on Instagram!! Eye shadow?? Here is what the post said...

Looks like a shadow! Very cool! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Good find and a VERY early spoiler! lol

Latest posts

Back