Oily Skin Problem! Help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The last 2 years I've had really oily skin. I never had any problems with this until I had my son. My pores are larger and I don't necessarily have acne but it's tiny bumps everywhere that cause my foundation to look uneven. I'm having a very hard time finding something that won't look cakey with having a problem with all these different things. Any advice??

Skincare is the first step. I would buy a really good cleaner (purity by Philosophy, or Fabulous Foaming Face Wash, or Clog Dissolving Cleansing Milk from Bliss) and a good exfoliatant! 

Thank you. I will have to look into those. I can't have anything with Benzoyl Oxide (sp) in it. I've been trying so many different things throughout these last few years and I'm not having any luck.

Quote: Originally Posted by BritVaun /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you. I will have to look into those. I can't have anything with Benzoyl Oxide (sp) in it. I've been trying so many different things throughout these last few years and I'm not having any luck.
They don't have that in them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That stuff is so bad for your skin!

I used to have such bad oily skin, which caused so many breakouts! I now have it under control, by using Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Face Scrub. I use the Loreal Infallible Foundation for combo/oily skin types and it's amazing! It makes your face look so matte, even without the use of powder, and it doesn't usually melt off. It's my go to foundation and I love it! 
Hope this helps!
Becky -- BeckyBlogsBeauty.wordpress.com

I used to have such bad oily skin, which caused so many breakouts! I now have it under control, by using Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Face Scrub. I use the Loreal Infallible Foundation for combo/oily skin types and it's amazing! It makes your face look so matte, even without the use of powder, and it doesn't usually melt off. It's my go to foundation and I love it!  Hope this helps! Becky -- BeckyBlogsBeauty.wordpress.com
Thank you so much. Any information helps out. I've been trying different face washes and foundation. Although I haven't tried what you are using but I might try that considering I love loreal products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Washing you face in the morning and at night can help with the oil too. I have oily skin. I use Burt's Bees brand for facial care which leaves my face feeling smooth. My face doesn't feel greasy with their products. One brand I avoid for moisturizer is Yes To. Their moisturizers just makes my face ooze oil.

I used to have really oily skin on my T-zone area and monthly zits on my chin. Then i tried this detox: only eat fruits and veggies (steam or raw or lightly sauteed, no dressing on salad), and mineral water for 3 days. After that my skin is cleared up. I stopped drinking soda and eating junk food, eat more veggqies and drink water only (beside cleansing my face every night & morning) and now my skin is in really good condition, no more break outs and not oily anymore :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Apply a foundation primer that is oil-free. Use a primer for your eyeshadow, as well as, lashes. Then, use MAC's set powder followed by Ben Nye's Final Seal Spray. It's the best spray, as it's used on television and in theatres where the climates are modestly hot, so people sweat. This is the secret to combating the oil through makeup.

And if you are looking to combat oily skin, try Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer. It's the best product there is for this particular issue. Good luck!

If you want to heavily cover everything you can try the kat von d lock it tattoo foundation. I use it on days when i have very bad skin. I have very oily skin too and i found out that the new avene matifying fluid is the holy grail product for me! Also the mufe all mat primer controls oil very well

I have very oily, acne prone skin. To take care of my oil problem, I take 1500 mg each of Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5) and Niacinamide (vitamin B3) every day. I wash with Simple brand cleanser because it's great for sensitive skin, and I use St. Ives Timeless Skin scrub a couple of times a week as it contains AHA which is great for acne prone skin. After I cleanse and scrub, I use L'Oreal Revitalift day cream during the day, and night cream at night. They both have B vitamins in them that help the texture, clarity, and overall quality of my skin. I've noticed I have a more even skin tone and less redness since I've been using these products as well. I would also recommend the Mint Julep Masque by Queen Helene to use once a week. It's about $4 at Ulta and it helps to minimize pores. Hope this all helps! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back