Your favorite concealer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My concealer is just about out and I am looking to try a new one. What is YOUR go-to concealer you use every day?

please and thank you!
11a.gif

I love the Yaby, that we got in our IPSY bags awhile back. Their eye shadows aren't good but I really like the concealer

I love Chanel concealer. Its my HG but it is a bit on the expensive side so I only wear it when I am out with people and school but if I'm just running errands I use Sonia Kashuk hidden agenda which is definitely cheaper and good but Chanel is amazing.

I've been trying a bunch of different ones, but what I usually do is use my MaryKay concealer under my eyes, a little bit of MK liquid foundation around my nose, and then BH Cosmetics concealer and corrector for acne. I like the MK products because they are heavier and do a better job of concealer, but I only want to use a thin layer of concealer on my acne which is why I really like the BH products. It's a new product for them and I know some people don't like it because it's not heavy enough, but it works for what I need.

I used to use Maybelline concealer, but I grew out of that one and it wasn't covering up my dark circles well enough. :/

My HG concealer is YSL's Anti-Cernes. They sell them at Sephora too, so you can try one out.

My favorite concealer for the under eye area is Aloette conceal away duo. It does not crease and goes on smoothly without tugging due to the silicone. It isn't full coverage, probably medium. That's ok though, because it's what makes it look natural. Also, it brightens my eyes. You can mix the two shades for your perfect color, but I like using the lighter shade for my under eye circles. It lasts a long time too! I get it from Ebay.

Haven't really found a HG concealer for my blemishes, though. Well, that's not true- Clinique Acne Solutions concealer is pretty fab- full coverage. I use shade 01, but it looks like they have a new green one for cancelling out redness, and that seems like it'd be awesome! Only problem is it's not cruelty-free. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haven't tried these, but I've heard a lot of good things about:

Amazing Cosmetics concealer

Tarte maracuja concealer

Tarte smooth operator concealer

Nars radiant creamy concealer

My favorite concealer is Boo-Boo Cover-Up, which is actually made for the body, but works great on both blemishes and the undereye area. I find the staying power and coverage to be fantastic, and a tiny bit goes a long way. A tube is around $20, but there's a lot in there, and it lasts forever.

I use Coverblend by Exuviance. I have really dark circles and it is one of the few that matches my pale skintone. I get it at Ulta, it is hard to find anywhere else, except online. Amazing Concealer is good too, I used to use it when they had a white one and I had to mix the lightest shade with the white in order to match my skin. 

My holy grail concealer is the Hard Candy Heavy Duty Glamoflauge concealer. It is super inexpensive and has amaaazing coverage!

I actually adore L'Oreal's True Match Concealer sticks! They are very creamy and easily blendable but provide good coverage. They also dry slightly into a powdery cream consistency so they don't just rub right off like most creamy concealers do!

I am using Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach as concealer and it works ok. But a makeup artist i work with for many shoots told me that for undereye it is better to use light pink shadow to conceal black circle. It looks more natural and doesnt crease

My go to concealer lately has been the Physicians Formula RX Concealer. Amazeballs coverage and lasting power, though I feel it's best for oily skin, and when on sale at CVS it's only around 6 bucks :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I honestly love "Fit Me" concealer by Maybelline. I'm currently using Superstay 24 Hour concealer (also by Maybelline) and it works equally as well. The only complaint I have about the Superstay is that it dries super fast, so you have to rub it in as soon as you apply it, but I'm assuming that's what gives it the name!!

I have used Benefit Boi-ing Concealer for about 2-3 years. I don't have any complaints, but I'll likely look to try something new once I have used up my current one just to see what else is out there. I also use bareMinerals powder concealer (I think it's called Bisque) on top of Boi-ing to set it and provide even more coverage. This combo really makes my concealer last all day, which is saying something because I have red broken capillaries to cover up in 3 places. I think I will eventually try Hard Candy's Glamoflage since I have seen it so highly recommended so many times. I always mean to buy it but just never find myself at a Walmart.

The Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection is really raved about, but I can't speak from experience because every time I go to buy it, they're sold out. I love the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer, and I could almost wear it without anything else because it blends so well, if my skin weren't so deathly pale.

Thanks ladies! I am still trying to decide. So many choices. Lol.  I'm getting lots of redness on the sides of my nose as I get older. I don't get dark circles much. Just really looking for something to cover up the redness and occasional blemish. I'm going to check out some of your picks.

Previously I have used Benefit erase paste which is a great, thick but creamy concealer so it doesn't dry your skin. Now, however, I have the Confessions of a Conceal-a-holic set from Benefit which features erase paste, eye bright, that gal primer, lemon aid and another concealer boi-ing in two shades, its amazing!

Lemon aid is a kind of primer for eyelids, so it balances the colour and prevents eye shadow creasing, while eye bright, well, brightens the area around your eyes!

The set contains make-up brushes for all the products that need it, but fingers do work just as well.

Plus it comes with an application guide which I have found so useful, having gotten myself into some bad habits since I first learnt how to apply make up!

I have no complaints but also, like Flowerfish, once I have used this set I wouldn't mind trying some others and I have been impressed by the BareMinerals products I have seen so far!

Nat xo

There are 2 that I love and use on the regular. Lancome's Maquicomplet in Corrercter (for Dark circles) and Tartes Waterproof concealer for those sweaty hot days. I also like Korres Antiaging concealer because I find the colour match in tan so perfect for me, but it does crease which is kind of annoying….

Back