Need an advice with the next step. Going blonde

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ipKGJsykRI
i9W-s2SkSb
Hi. I really need help with deciding what my next step should be. My little hair story: My natural hair color is ashy medium blonde probably between level 6-7 and I have fine volumeless long hair, but a lot of hair! I had never dyed my hair before last September. First time ever I went for highlights. But later, at the end of November I suddenly went to a salon and dyed my hair a deep brunnette, probably level 3-4. After that I dyed my hair at home using Loreal Mega Browns and Loreal Lush cherry with 20 developer. The second time right before the New Year I dyed my hair with Loreal Mega Browns Spice and 20 developer. My hair turned out almost jet black. I was in shock because this dye was on level 5. And I got on level 1-2. I was in panic and sad and after New Year I realized I was crazy to go brunnette because it was not a well prepared desecion and I miss being blonde. Last week I decided to start coming back to being blonde. What I did last week: I got Loreal Color Zap. It took off a lot of color and I came out red like a fire. I knew you can't skip being red. So I was prepared for that. It did dried my hair though. Next day I used loreal mega blondes level 7 and 30 developer and Wella T11 ash blonde toner with 20 developer and of course I am still light orange. I am not planning to do anything earlier then in 3 weeks because I want to give my hair a break. So my question should I use bleach or I can gradually dye my hair blonde with 20 developers and toners? I have no money for hair salon. They are so expensive in NYC. If the most of you agree on a bleach, please suggest particular brands because I don't know anything about them and afraid to fry my hair.

I have natural medium to dark brown hair. Stripping the color can create acute dryness, so what I did was bleached my hair up 6-7 levels. I used L'Oreal Professional Bleach. I used 20 volume developer on top and 30 on the bottom. I would condition after I did this to prevent breakage. Then, I would tone my hair with Wella T18 (white lady) after I achieved the blonde shade I wanted. To maintain it and keep it healthy, I used Schwarzkopf's lavender shampoo. It's the best! To keep up with it is modestly hard, however; I was use to it the time I did bleach my hair.

Check out my tutorial http://www.sarahafsharbeauty.com/2012/06/how-to-go-from-brunette-to-blonde.html

I wouldn't use colour stripper more than once. I used it and it did more damage than bleaching in twice in 1 week (which I had done before). If it's already light orange, you might just need to use a 20% bleach developer before getting to blonde again.

Do you mean like a bleach soap cap mixing shampoo and bleach to remove color? I have the same type of hair as you and same color. You can't lift color with color. A very gentle color remover is called vanish. You can get it from sleekhair online. For bleach I would recomend Joico creme lightener which u can get same place and use with 20 vol developer schwarzkopf is good. Personally I have had a heck of a time with brassy tones and trying to use toner to.get them out but I was told if you are needing to tone that often with strong toners you are dying hair the wrong way/color. For me I want to be a level 9 so that's like 3 levels lighter. I was using a 9a on my hair and was told to use a level 12 with 40vol because in order to get past the brass you need to go lighter. I tried this on my roots and it did work but it won't be able to lighten the rest of hair even if color is removed....only virgin hair. It depends though....if you are looking to.be a level 7 this may all not be necessary.

Do you mean like a bleach soap cap mixing shampoo and bleach to remove color? I have the same type of hair as you and same color. You can't lift color with color. A very gentle color remover is called vanish. You can get it from sleekhair online. For bleach I would recomend Joico creme lightener which u can get same place and use with 20 vol developer schwarzkopf is good. Personally I have had a heck of a time with brassy tones and trying to use toner to.get them out but I was told if you are needing to tone that often with strong toners you are dying hair the wrong way/color. For me I want to be a level 9 so that's like 3 levels lighter. I was using a 9a on my hair and was told to use a level 12 with 40vol because in order to get past the brass you need to go lighter. I tried this on my roots and it did work but it won't be able to lighten the rest of hair even if color is removed....only virgin hair. But if u only want level.7 neither would prob be necessary.

Back