Share Your Cruelty-Free Beauty Routine

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Ok, this forum is in need of some attention!

I thought it would be fun (and informative) if we all posted our cruelty-free beauty routines (skincare, makeup, body, hair, etc.) for others to benefit from!

Ok, I'll go first. I made these sets on polyvore, as it's easy to make a nice, professional-looking photo collage.

To find out what each item is, you can go to my polyvore page: http://www.polyvore.com/cruelty-free_beauty_make-up/set?id=110125018

But basically it's Jane Iredale, NYX, Tarte, Paula's Choice, and Vapour Organics, with some EcoTools brushes mixed in. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

To find out about each item, check it out here: http://www.polyvore.com/cruelty-free_beauty_skincare_body_routine/set?id=110115947

I am mainly using Paula's Choice skincare items, with some other things thrown in.

I'm also going to sew my own cotton face rounds so I can eliminate waste. The cloths are muslin, which I want to try, but right now I'm just using washcloths.

What cruelty-free products are you using?

Hellooooooo!!! (Echo, echo)

Is anyone out there? Can anyone hear me? (Titanic anyone?)

Hahah, come on  ladies, I know you're looking, please post about your favorite cruelty-free make-up or beauty items!

We've got to share with each other!

I wanted to share my favorite youtube video for a cruelty-free beauty routine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Padfd1zLGN4 It really makes me want to try out the Physician's Formula Organic Wear mascara, and some of those mysterious vegan/natural makeups she's applying!

She also does a really good skincare one, but I tend to just go for Paula's Choice when it comes to cruelty-free skincare.

These are the products that I've been using the most lately.

Bronzers: Tarte Park Avenue Princess, Physcians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush and Eye Shadow

Highlight: Physcians Formula Happy Booster Translucent powder, Physcians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush and Eye Shadow 

Blush: Tarte cheek stains and powder blushes

Concealer: still looking, I'm using up a BareMinerals concealer and have hit major pan but don't like the coverage (I might just toss it); I've already bought a Tarte concealer but haven't used it yet

As far as foundations and tinted moisturizers I don't have a favorite right now. I use Tarte's BB tinted moisturizer or Physcians Formula's Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder. They're OK, but I'm just not excited about them. 

Face Primer: I like both of Tarte's face primers 

Eye Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance 

Eye Shadow: I have a lot of favorites Too Faced, Urban Decay, Wet n Wild, Physcians Formula (can be hit or miss on some of their stuff), theBalm, Brija

Eye Liner: Physcians Formula shimmer strips eyeliner, Urban Decays 24/7 liners

Cream/Stick Eyeshadows: Milani Shadow Sticks, Nyx Shadow Sticks

Mascara: Ecco Bella mascara, Tarte's Lights, Cameras mascara

To remove makeup I either use Josie Maran makeup removal oil or organic coconut oil that I buy from the grocery store. 

For skincare I've been using Burt's Bees sensitive line and Josie Maran oils. 

For hair I've been using Desert Essence Fragrance Free shampoo and conditioner and adding Josie Maran hair oils to keep the tips hydrated. I also occasionally use Paul Mitchell heat protectant for days I straighten. 

Hi there! Thanks for replying, I am digging your choices! I actually didn't even know Milani was cruelty-free, so that's awesome!

I'm sorry it took me so long to reply, I've kind of been going through a lot and also, after checking this group for a while after posting and not seeing anything, I almost gave up, haha!

I'm glad you posted.

Yeah, I like raw coconut oil to remove my makeup too- it's the best ever. I like to mix it with a little deionized water and just a touch of some surfactant, like baby shampoo which I already have, though I realize is probably not cruelty-free, so I won't be repurchasing... except I can get some Burt's Bees to replace it... hmm!) Anyway, it works wonders.

Also, I'm currently working on sewing my own cotton face pads from some cotton flannel baby blankets I got from a second hand shop, that way I won't be throwing out tons of cotton pads every day.

I have the worst problems finding good cruelty-free concealers.

I really wanted to like the Tarte ones, but I can't get either to work (tried the maracuja creasless and the smooth operator ones). I am currently using Aloette's conceal-away duo and it does a good job, but I want to try something else.

I'm considering the NYX concealers, and maybe the Paula's Choice one? Maybe Jane Iredale... I'll have to check it out evne though it's expensive, but only after I find out about the NYX one, haha, since it's cheap!

I tried Tarte's new CC primer stick thingy last night at Ulta, and although it has silicone (which my skin absolutely hates!!!) it looked pretty good on my skin. I'm considering buying it and using it ... but I don't know if it's really for me. I can't tell until a week after trying it wehther or not it'll break out my skin.

I am new and wanted to share a cruelty free product I'm enjoying.  It's mascara with fibers in them.  It looks like I'm wearing falsh eyelashes and I'm not.  

Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gifI have the worst problems finding good cruelty-free concealers. I really wanted to like the Tarte ones, but I can't get either to work (tried the maracuja creasless and the smooth operator ones). I am currently using Aloette's conceal-away duo and it does a good job, but I want to try something else.
I'm having problems in that area too. I got one of the Tarte concealers too, and it just looks patchy on my skin and settles into fine lines (I'm in my early 20s, so I don't have drastic lines, so it's a mystery how it finds some to get in). I tried a BareMinerals concealer before Tarte, and it didn't have much coverage.

I just discovered Juice Beauty's foundation, and I think it might be my HG foundation. They don't have a wide variety of shades, but the lightest shade works on my skin. It looks very natural and evens out my skin tone. I normally just use tinted moisturizer, but lately my skin has been redder in places which the tinted moisturizer wasn't covering.

I wanted to mention IT cosmetics concealer - I really like it and it is cruelty free. I believe Ulta carries it - maybe you could get a sample to try out.

Quote: Originally Posted by makeuplover70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am new and wanted to share a cruelty free product I'm enjoying.  It's mascara with fibers in them.  It looks like I'm wearing falsh eyelashes and I'm not.  
Are you using the Physician's Formula 'Fake Out' mascara in the pink tube? I have heard a lot about that, and it is cruelty-free and comes with fibers, so I'm assuming that's what you're using?

Quote: Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wanted to mention IT cosmetics concealer - I really like it and it is cruelty free. I believe Ulta carries it - maybe you could get a sample to try out.
I read another really positive review about the IT Cosmetics concealer- the Bye Bye Undereye. Is that the one you're talking about? Thanks for the tip, I think that'll be the next one I try out!

Quote: Originally Posted by eucala08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm having problems in that area too. I got one of the Tarte concealers too, and it just looks patchy on my skin and settles into fine lines (I'm in my early 20s, so I don't have drastic lines, so it's a mystery how it finds some to get in). I tried a BareMinerals concealer before Tarte, and it didn't have much coverage.

I just discovered Juice Beauty's foundation, and I think it might be my HG foundation. They don't have a wide variety of shades, but the lightest shade works on my skin. It looks very natural and evens out my skin tone. I normally just use tinted moisturizer, but lately my skin has been redder in places which the tinted moisturizer wasn't covering.
I don't get it, I usually love Tarte, but their concealers just don't work. That sucks!

Well, thanks for the info on the Juice Beauty, I might try that out!

I tried a few concealers today, and I have to say I unfortunately don't like the formulation of the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereyes. It's similar to Tarte's Maracuja Creaseless Concealer, which I also wanted to love, but couldn't.

I found that I really liked the Bare Minerals concealer, but I'm hoping to try out OCC's concealer.

As far as the Jane Iredale foundation, I'm feeling my skin go increasingly dry (maybe it's just this winter) so I want to try OCC's Tinted Moisturizer.

I need to find a good, cruelty-free lip tint that lasts. I think it might be the IT Cosmetics vitality lip flush in 'rose flush' but I can't be sure as I just tried it tonight.

I realize that although Tarte LCL is hard to remove, REN's No. 1 purity cleansing balm gets it off easily!

I'm currently still searching for a good retinol serum, lip tint, concealer, and foundation. Hopefully REN's bioretinoid concentrate will be the one, and OCC's tint and concealer will work.

Any suggestions on a good lip tint?

Still loving my Tarte BeMattenificent palette and my NYX eyebrow cake powder. <3

Forgot to say that next time I go to Whole Foods or Sephora I'm going to try the Juice Beauty foundation. I hope 'light' works for my skin. It looks really nice and is silicone-free which is great for me!

Latest posts

Back