SquareHue: March 2014 -- SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, who said Paris??? For March, ladies, we are heading to the City of Lights!

Hmmm, on SqH's web site, there's one of those few-second, speeded up, black and white videos of Paris with the tagline "Le [sic] Pièce du Résistance."

The picture of Paris looks different than the ones we've seen of New York, London, and Tokyo.  It's mostly sepia tones.  Therefore, I'm going to predict a set of neutrals/nudes, something along the lines of Zoya's Naturel Collection.  If I keep thinking that, I might skip, because I almost never wear nudes.  Of course, I know there's no way to tell for sure!

I'm intrigued! And as long as February isn't another red/white combo, I'll stick around for it!

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hmmm, on SqH's web site, there's one of those few-second, speeded up, black and white videos of Paris with the tagline "Le [sic] Pièce du Résistance."

The picture of Paris looks different than the ones we've seen of New York, London, and Tokyo.  It's mostly sepia tones.  Therefore, I'm going to predict a set of neutrals/nudes, something along the lines of Zoya's Naturel Collection.  If I keep thinking that, I might skip, because I almost never wear nudes.  Of course, I know there's no way to tell for sure!

Funny thing is I was thinking muted, earthy or neutral tones when Paris went through my mind earlier.

Well, I love the February box so much I'll stay for March in Paris too.  If they are nudes, I hope the formula is better than, say, High School Crush from Feb. '13.

It's the last week of February, so our boxes should ship in a few days, I hope!  Anyone else want to make guesses about colors?  I'm still thinking nudes/neutrals, and mostly cremes for the finish.  I'd like to see a nice coral or berry pink too, though.

I also think they're likely to be nudes. But I bet April will be brights (Rio, maybe?). I think the SH formula is usually too thin and patchy for light colors, but I'm hoping I can make them work. I love High School Crush despite the effort to get it smooth. I hope maybe these are neutral colors with shimmer or something interesting, though. Paris has a little sparkle, right?

I'm wearing Ginza on my toes now and it almost makes me forget the heaps of snow outside. Get me ready for spring, SquareHue!

I finally got a look at the preview picture for Paris.  My guesses for March:  a golden-brown crelly or shimmer, like the crisp outer layer of a croissant; a metallic grey, like the Eiffel Tower and a  cream in limestone white or rosy taupe sandstone.

There's also a greenish color running through the picture, which might be used if they don't want to keep it ALL neutrals.  Although I think that if it were possible for a greenish color to be neutral, it's would be the shade of green that's in the picture!

Only a few more days now.

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I finally got a look at the preview picture for Paris.  My guesses for March:  a golden-brown crelly or shimmer, like the crisp outer layer of a croissant; a metallic grey, like the Eiffel Tower and a  cream in limestone white or rosy taupe sandstone.

There's also a greenish color running through the picture, which might be used if they don't want to keep it ALL neutrals.  Although I think that if it were possible for a greenish color to be neutral, it's would be the shade of green that's in the picture!

Only a few more days now.

Jenn -- I've noticed the green as well. I know that pale/pistachio green is a color in Essie's Spring Line (Fashion Playground) as well as Zoya (Dillon). Wondering if SqH will do that as well? Personally, I can never have too many greens!

Does anyone have that picture?  It's grey and white on the site...no colours.

OK, it's the last day of the month -- hope they ship today & I might get them on Monday.  Not impatient... much....

EDIT:  Never mind, read that on the 25th they said "four more days."  OK.

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone have that picture?  It's grey and white on the site...no colours.

Sorry this took so long.  I was having trouble cutting and pasting the picture from the email it came in on my phone.  Finally remembered to send it to myself to try at work.

SquareHue_Paris.1.jpg

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry this took so long.  I was having trouble cutting and pasting the picture from the email it came in on my phone.  Finally remembered to send it to myself to try at work.

SquareHue_Paris.1.jpg

Thanks but I can't really make out any actual colours...it looks gold maybe???

In which case, I so totally hope not.  I have enough golds from SqH.

Let me see if this is any better.  Tried blowing it up with picture software.

To me, 1 is a light grey, 2 is a pale, pistachio-y green, 3 is a sort of rosy tan and 4. is a darker grey/greige color.  There's also a fair amount of tan/sepia in the picure.

But maybe I'm just reading too much into this.

Meh.  I'm not interested in another puke green from SqH either.  I've never been happy with any of their pale greens.  I'd be fine with a grey but I really don't need any gold from them anymore.  I want them to give me a nice tiffany blue, a true white and a blue like the one from last month that's not a foil.

And shipping has begun!  I can't believe I somehow missed this thread until now!  Oh, well.  Better late than never.  As for predictions, the preview picture is almost monochromatic to me, so I'm kind of wondering if the box colors might not be in there at all.  Or maybe I'm just utterly exhausted and need to go to bed now.

ETA:  Ooh, they just announced the theme for April!

Amsterdam!  The preview picture makes me think we're likely to see some purple, and orange is practically a requirement because the Netherlands, and maybe a yellow. 

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  And shipping has begun!  I can't believe I somehow missed this thread until now!  Oh, well.  Better late than never.  As for predictions, the preview picture is almost monochromatic to me, so I'm kind of wondering if the box colors might not be in there at all.  Or maybe I'm just utterly exhausted and need to go to bed now.

ETA:  Ooh, they just announced the theme for April!

Amsterdam!  The preview picture makes me think we're likely to see some purple, and orange is practically a requirement because the Netherlands, and maybe a yellow. 

If there's likely to be an orange and a yellow, I'm definitely skipping.  So sick of yellow, and I can't wear orange well.  Actually, I'm accumulating so much polish that I'm cutting way back anyway.  Plus it's better for my wallet.

The potential purple in Amsterdam does indeed look awesome but the idea of another yellow or orange (I know it's all speculation) has me thinking of skipping next month.  At any rate, my March box is in town today!  Don't know if I'll get it today or tomorrow.  :-D

Latest posts

Back