What products to do recommend?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm 17 years old with combination (oily T-zone, normal/dry cheeks) skin type. I'm slightly sensitive and get mild acne in the T-zone (especially nose & chin).

I'm looking for products and a routine that's not too expensive. Any help?
smile.gif

Hello Onaa and welcome to Makeuptalk! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You're around the same age as my younger brother and he has the same issues that you have described. It took a while to find something that worked well for him, but I have noticed an improvement in his skin since he has started using The Body Shop's Tree Tea Oil line of skincare. The best deal that I have found is at Ulta - You can get the whole set of full size products for $29! :smilehappyyes:  Currently there is a 20% off coupon that you can print out off Ulta's site making the set $23.20! Woohoo a deal!!! Here's a pic of the set and a link! Good luck & I hope you find something that works for you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod4181111

You could try OASIS BEAUTY and try their Knock Out moisturizer and Straight Up serum.

It seriously works some massive magic on my skin, it is perfect for any type of skin... And, its not tested on animals. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Paula's Choice IS really good.

Also, Willa makes products specifically for young skin. I got some in a box (Birchbox, maybe??) and I really liked it...the moisturizer is really light and great for oiliness.

My little cousin was struggling with acne and he started using ActivBPO Benzoyl Peroxide 5%. It didnt clear it up 100% but there has been a huge improvement. They offer a 10% formula which is stronger but he avoided it because he has sensitive skin. I would recommend it if it works half as well as it did for my cousin. Its only about $25 or $20 check it out if you have the chance.

Hello,

I recommend you to use Obagi skin care product. Because it is a one kind of best medical product/brand for glowing and smoothness skin.It is a best for reduce wrinkles and acne and also improves and evens skin tone. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I feel products make oily skin more oily. So, I would recommend you to use home remedies rather than using products. Extract aloe vera gel from the plant and apply it daily for 15-20 minutes and then, rinse it off.

I am not agree that products make oily skin more oily. Yes, aloe vera is really good. Also better if you massage it for 2-3 minutes.

Well, I feel products make oily skin more oily. So, I would recommend you to use home remedies rather than using products. Extract aloe vera gel from the plant and apply it daily for 15-20 minutes and then, rinse it off.
I disagree. Brands that take into account the fact that oily skin should not be stripped of all moisture and that skin needs to be clean, but not dried out, are a better solution than randomly trying remedies that aren't documented strictly with dosage, amounts, etc. Think of all the trace minerals you need in small amounts that can kill you in large amounts.

Tea tree oil is often touted as a remedy for this, but using too much of it is as bad as not using it at all, and sometimes, it's worse. Also, for some people it's a skin irritant. A product with that as an ingredient in the proper amount is a lot less risky than just randomly using an essential oil.

I agree with Paula's Choice above, because they make lines for every type of skin that you can mix and match as needed, because their products are designed based on documented lab research into what cosmetic ingredients are effective and non-irritating, and because they perform like luxury brands for upper-drugstore prices on most things. I actually like them better than the Shiseido regimen I used to have.

Give acne.org a try- they have a really good 3-step regimine that isn't too terribly priced and works really well! I looooove the moisturizer especially.

Lately I've been using acure's products that I get from my local whole foods, and my friend also gifted me this wonderful skincare product by Humble and Lavi. Both natural and amazing products that really help keep my skin clear.

Latest posts

Back