Do you work out when your on your period?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
everytime i get serious about working out i catch my period! and i dont wanna work out with cramps espically when i have it heavy! so do you work out when its that time of month? how do you get used to it if you do?

Great thread! :clap This girl I *used to be friends* with thought I was silly for not wanting to work out during my period.:icon_roll

I don't like to so I totally understand. First of all, the first two days I have killer cramps and its really heavy. I am wearing a white karate uniform when I work out, so can you imagine if I had an *accident*?!!:icon_eek: Then what about my yoga class? My legs are this way and that....uh...I don't think so...I stay home 99.9% of the time the first few days.

However, sometimes I MUST be in class (for a specific reason) and it happens to occur when I'm on my period. So what I will do is wear BLACK bike shorts underneath my uniform or some other creative idea to ensure no accidents. Sheesh, can you imagine? Even though there are plenty females in my class, still, its embarrassing. Its also uncomfortable. I just don't have the energy or stamina that I do when I don't have my period. Plus I'm real emotional prior to and the first few days. Not witchy, just weepy. I'd probably cry if someone hit me by accident. :icon_roll So its best I stay home the first few days. LOL:icon_chee

i don't. i might go like the last two days when it's light. i get self concious about possibly smelling or something.

I was just thinking about this, cause I'm starting yoga class later this month. I think if it's heavy and a class day I'll just skip cause I dont wanna risk anything!

I always do. I only cramp really bad my first day, so I just pop some Pamprin and get on the treadmill!! But it's individual. You have to listen to your body.

Actually working out helps me with the cramps, but I have to be very careful.

Honey, I put in an OB Ultra and keep it moving! I can't let my "friend" dictate what I will or will not do!

When I was a teen, I used to get cramps so bad that I would a damn near pass out so I feel you. Since childbirth, my cramps are much milder so all I have to worry about is heavy bleeding.

yup its true and proven medically that exercising relieves cramps, and also PMS, and it also helps you sleep better if you have trouble with that during your period too!

I'm the opposite. Since I had my son, the bleeding and cramps are much worse than before. I used to have very light periods, but those days are gone!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i used to have horrible crambs the first day. i had to stay in bed for one day (no school, no nothing). i puked etc... but when i went on the pill (yasmin) it all stopped. even the 10ooo pimples on my back dissapeared. im just so happy those days are over. the pain was the worst i ever had.

Back