Circular Swap Round 5 FAQ

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This thread is to answer/ask questions about to generally talk about Circular Swap Round 5!

So I'm aiming to have two weeks of sign-up, and that last week of March seems to be Spring Break for a lot of schools....so, maybe tiers established and box-starters notified during that last week....which means boxes will start getting sent out that first week of April. 

This is awesome. I already participated in the nail polish circular swap and it was an amazing experience. I can't wait to be a part of this one! Thank you so much for starting this!

Quick question, how much did shipping end up being for you guys? I assume it got more $$ as the box grew. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Love you for starting it up Miss Tgooberbutt!

Quote: Originally Posted by tnorth1852 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay!! Can't wait! I loved Round 4!
smile.gif
Thank you for doing this for us, TGoober!

icon_redface.gif
  awww, you guys are making me blush! @nikkimouse had to get me off my rear-end to start up round five... I've been MIA recently to try to catch up on work. Things should start settling down soon, so...here we go again!

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quick question, how much did shipping end up being for you guys? I assume it got more $$ as the box grew. 
The earlier recipients were generally able to fit and re-pack into a Medium flat-rate box. which, if you buy the postage online through a paypal account, would be $11.30. If you go to the post office to buy the postage, it's $12.35.

Later/larger boxes $15.80/$17.45.

Though, as the later boxes usually find a lot of duplicates (I'm looking at you J/Cat Beauty sparkle/glitter palettes!), and some items that look a little worse for wear, it's worth posting up to the tier thread to ask if it's okay if you do a bit of editing to get the box down to a manage-able size.

The USPS/PayPal link to use for the discounted price is:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Quote: Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The earlier recipients were generally able to fit and re-pack into a Medium flat-rate box. which, if you buy the postage online through a paypal account, would be $11.30. If you go to the post office to buy the postage, it's $12.35.

Later/larger boxes $15.80/$17.45.

Though, as the later boxes usually find a lot of duplicates (I'm looking at you J/Cat Beauty sparkle/glitter palettes!), and some items that look a little worse for wear, it's worth posting up to the tier thread to ask if it's okay if you do a bit of editing to get the box down to a manage-able size.

The USPS/PayPal link to use for the discounted price is:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now
Ohhh not bad at all! Thanks so much! Off to filling out the application :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

do we know when this round is anticipated to start? It's probably been said, and I totally missed it.

Just as an update. It looks like 27 people have signed up for Round #5. We'll have five(5) regional groups:

• West
  • Northeast
  • South
  • Central
  • Calibama (don't ask, long story)

I've PM'ed volunteers to confirm potential box starters for each group. I anticipate having Round 5 threads and swap orders posted up this weekend, and hopefully that means circular swap boxes will be out in the mail next week

So about 5-8 people per group?

Just as an update. It looks like 27 people have signed up for Round #5. We'll have five(5) regional groups:
  • West
  • Northeast
  • South
  • Central
  • Calibama (don't ask, long story)
I've PM'ed volunteers to confirm potential box starters for each group. I anticipate having Round 5 threads and swap orders posted up this weekend, and hopefully that means circular swap boxes will be out in the mail next week

Back