Elizabeth and Clarke

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Any Elizabeth and Clarke subscribers out there? I've been eying it for a while but haven't seen many reviews on quality and customer service.

I've tried Stitch fix but am looking for another clothing subscription to try.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

Oh man, I just got done fighting with them! I signed up for the fall box last year. I got the box and the shirts were Ok. They were a bit sheer for me and one was rayon which I do not buy because the seams twist when they are washed. So I sent them back, no problem. Winter comes around and I email them asking them to cancel because I didn't like any of the selections. They email back asking to put my account on hold instead. OK sure, I say. The spring selections come out and I don't like any of those either so I emailed them to go ahead and just cancel my account completely. They sent back that yes my account was on hold. That annoyed me, but my credit card had expired back in October any way and there was no way to remove my payment information from the site but I thought since the card was expired it wouldn't go through and I didn't make any shirt selections. WRONG. I get a "thank you for your order" email last week with 3 random shirts. So I emailed them again and said I did not order these and I don't want them. That's when they became kinda nasty about the whole thing. They told me that my account was only on hold and the order was legit. After a few rounds of back and forth about my intent I sent them and email asking them to CANCEL, NOT HOLD my account and remove my credit info. I don't know what has happened since then. I haven't seen a charge and my tracking number they sent doesn't work. I will be calling my credit card company if I am charged though. I really wanted to love this company and I probably would have kept up with their offerings and maybe ordered again in the future, but now there's no way. They need to update their site to allow you to cancel and change and/or remove payment information.

I had been subscribed for 3 seasons. I really like the quality of the items, but the fit on some of them were a little weird. Out of the 9 tops I have, I reach for 3 on a pretty consistent basis and there are about 2 that I never wear. The others flow in and out of my wardrobe at times.

Then, during the holiday season, I wanted to start saving money and trim down on my sub boxes. I emailed to cancel and they too said it would be better to put my account on hold if I was considering re-subbing in the future. They told me the hold would only last a season and I would get reminders in email for the upcoming collection so I could choose to cancel then. I must have missed the email because I was charged for the collection when I was not expecting it or wanting it.  However, unlike AshJs3, when I emailed them explaining my situation, they refunded my card right away and cancelled my account. The refund took a while to show up in my account, but I did not have any problems with customer service. 

I like the sub, and may buy a collection in the future, but I would wait until they are on sale at Fab or Gilt again.

Oh man, I just got done fighting with them! I signed up for the fall box last year. I got the box and the shirts were Ok. They were a bit sheer for me and one was rayon which I do not buy because the seams twist when they are washed. So I sent them back, no problem. Winter comes around and I email them asking them to cancel because I didn't like any of the selections. They email back asking to put my account on hold instead. OK sure, I say. The spring selections come out and I don't like any of those either so I emailed them to go ahead and just cancel my account completely. They sent back that yes my account was on hold. That annoyed me, but my credit card had expired back in October any way and there was no way to remove my payment information from the site but I thought since the card was expired it wouldn't go through and I didn't make any shirt selections. WRONG. I get a "thank you for your order" email last week with 3 random shirts. So I emailed them again and said I did not order these and I don't want them. That's when they became kinda nasty about the whole thing. They told me that my account was only on hold and the order was legit. After a few rounds of back and forth about my intent I sent them and email asking them to CANCEL, NOT HOLD my account and remove my credit info. I don't know what has happened since then. I haven't seen a charge and my tracking number they sent doesn't work. I will be calling my credit card company if I am charged though. I really wanted to love this company and I probably would have kept up with their offerings and maybe ordered again in the future, but now there's no way. They need to update their site to allow you to cancel and change and/or remove payment information.
Thanks for letting me know! Sorry you went through that. I hate when subscription companies do things like that. I had a similar issue with seasons box. This makes me want to just try golden tote.

I had been subscribed for 3 seasons. I really like the quality of the items, but the fit on some of them were a little weird. Out of the 9 tops I have, I reach for 3 on a pretty consistent basis and there are about 2 that I never wear. The others flow in and out of my wardrobe at times. Then, during the holiday season, I wanted to start saving money and trim down on my sub boxes. I emailed to cancel and they too said it would be better to put my account on hold if I was considering re-subbing in the future. They told me the hold would only last a season and I would get reminders in email for the upcoming collection so I could choose to cancel then. I must have missed the email because I was charged for the collection when I was not expecting it or wanting it.  However, unlike AshJs3, when I emailed them explaining my situation, they refunded my card right away and cancelled my account. The refund took a while to show up in my account, but I did not have any problems with customer service.  I like the sub, and may buy a collection in the future, but I would wait until they are on sale at Fab or Gilt again.
Thank you for replying! I like the tops for summer very pretty. I might take a chance and order. I'll make sure I use a credit card instead of my debit card.

I shouldn't have opened this thread. I shouldn't have looked at their website and bought that truman tank. /sigh.

I shouldn't have opened this thread. I shouldn't have looked at their website and bought that truman tank. /sigh.
Lol! That's the one I want and I just ordered! I hope it's good quality. Just bummed it's not shipping until June :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

lol me too. I found a 20% off first orders code so it was only 24 bucks. Not too bad. I kind of love that top though and I think I'll get a lot of use out of it. It looks well made. Hopefully the image isn't deceiving!

I had been subscribed for 3 seasons. I really like the quality of the items, but the fit on some of them were a little weird. Out of the 9 tops I have, I reach for 3 on a pretty consistent basis and there are about 2 that I never wear. The others flow in and out of my wardrobe at times. Then, during the holiday season, I wanted to start saving money and trim down on my sub boxes. I emailed to cancel and they too said it would be better to put my account on hold if I was considering re-subbing in the future. They told me the hold would only last a season and I would get reminders in email for the upcoming collection so I could choose to cancel then. I must have missed the email because I was charged for the collection when I was not expecting it or wanting it.  However, unlike AshJs3, when I emailed them explaining my situation, they refunded my card right away and cancelled my account. The refund took a while to show up in my account, but I did not have any problems with customer service.  I like the sub, and may buy a collection in the future, but I would wait until they are on sale at Fab or Gilt again.
Glad they were more responsive to you! I didn't get any reminder emails either. It will be interesting to see if the charge ever shows up on my card or I ever get my "order." The shirts it says they are sending me aren't even the ones showing on the site.

Just one other thing to mention...if you subscribe for a while, you may notice that 2 of the shirts each season are repeats. So you don't really get much of a choice if you have the 3 shirt package, you just take the 3 out of the 5 you don't already have. 

I just got my Spring shipment today over here in Canada. Super happy to not pay duty fees! I got three shirts: the White, the Taylor, and the Arden.

The material on them is nice and light, but I'm worried about how they'll fair in the wash. They are very thin and the White (white colour) and Taylor (cream colour) do show the colour of the bra/shirt underneath. The Arden is black and doesn't show anything underneath.

The sizing isn't great for me. I got the 0, and all three are too big in the waist and upper arms but about the right size in the chest and forearms. I'm worried if I move down to the 00 that it'll be too tight in those areas. Also, I am 5feet tall and these shirts are NOT MADE FOR PETITE PEOPLE. I am considering cancelling my subscription already because of that. Most of my clothes are not specially made for petites, but still fit decently. The way these are stitched make them really difficult to wear. Because the distance between my collarbones and my chest is proportionally smaller than the average woman, the widest part of the chest on the shirts is actually a little below the widest part of my chest. That means I get that gross puffing out by the buttons over my chest.

The Arden is absolutely perfect except for the puffing out; I plan to wear it open, under blazers or with a belt to make the puffing seem less obvious. For me, the Taylor is unwearable the way the model on the website has it... I definitely need to keep the sleeves rolled up as high as possible and then pair it with a belt or tuck it in completely. The White is a terrible fit on me (WAY too long and baggy), and if anyone has suggestions on how to wear it I would really appreciate it.

So, my overall impression: material decent to good, stitching OK, fit TERRIBLE for petites, and they appear to fit big. I think I'm going to skip this season, because the $15 shipping to Canada is far too much for what appears to me a purposefully long shirt and some T-shirts. The Truman looks pretty, though.

I just got my Spring shipment today over here in Canada. Super happy to not pay duty fees! I got three shirts: the White, the Taylor, and the Arden. The material on them is nice and light, but I'm worried about how they'll fair in the wash. They are very thin and the White (white colour) and Taylor (cream colour) do show the colour of the bra/shirt underneath. The Arden is black and doesn't show anything underneath. The sizing isn't great for me. I got the 0, and all three are too big in the waist and upper arms but about the right size in the chest and forearms. I'm worried if I move down to the 00 that it'll be too tight in those areas. Also, I am 5feet tall and these shirts are NOT MADE FOR PETITE PEOPLE. I am considering cancelling my subscription already because of that. Most of my clothes are not specially made for petites, but still fit decently. The way these are stitched make them really difficult to wear. Because the distance between my collarbones and my chest is proportionally smaller than the average woman, the widest part of the chest on the shirts is actually a little below the widest part of my chest. That means I get that gross puffing out by the buttons over my chest. The Arden is absolutely perfect except for the puffing out; I plan to wear it open, under blazers or with a belt to make the puffing seem less obvious. For me, the Taylor is unwearable the way the model on the website has it... I definitely need to keep the sleeves rolled up as high as possible and then pair it with a belt or tuck it in completely. The White is a terrible fit on me (WAY too long and baggy), and if anyone has suggestions on how to wear it I would really appreciate it. So, my overall impression: material decent to good, stitching OK, fit TERRIBLE for petites, and they appear to fit big. I think I'm going to skip this season, because the $15 shipping to Canada is far too much for what appears to me a purposefully long shirt and some T-shirts. The Truman looks pretty, though.
Man, I hate to hear that about the petite fit issues! I ordered when they had the Living Social special back in December and can barely even remember what I ordered. Also the tracking number they sent me last week didn't work and they just got that sorted today. They ship DHL (ugh) so my package is stuck in the Forrest Park, GA limbo that all my other DHL packages get stuck in. I didn't see anything for the Summer season that I liked so I may cancel, especially if I have any fit issues.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bunbunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just got my Spring shipment today over here in Canada. Super happy to not pay duty fees! I got three shirts: the White, the Taylor, and the Arden.

The material on them is nice and light, but I'm worried about how they'll fair in the wash. They are very thin and the White (white colour) and Taylor (cream colour) do show the colour of the bra/shirt underneath. The Arden is black and doesn't show anything underneath.

The sizing isn't great for me. I got the 0, and all three are too big in the waist and upper arms but about the right size in the chest and forearms. I'm worried if I move down to the 00 that it'll be too tight in those areas. Also, I am 5feet tall and these shirts are NOT MADE FOR PETITE PEOPLE. I am considering cancelling my subscription already because of that. Most of my clothes are not specially made for petites, but still fit decently. The way these are stitched make them really difficult to wear. Because the distance between my collarbones and my chest is proportionally smaller than the average woman, the widest part of the chest on the shirts is actually a little below the widest part of my chest. That means I get that gross puffing out by the buttons over my chest.

The Arden is absolutely perfect except for the puffing out; I plan to wear it open, under blazers or with a belt to make the puffing seem less obvious. For me, the Taylor is unwearable the way the model on the website has it... I definitely need to keep the sleeves rolled up as high as possible and then pair it with a belt or tuck it in completely. The White is a terrible fit on me (WAY too long and baggy), and if anyone has suggestions on how to wear it I would really appreciate it.

So, my overall impression: material decent to good, stitching OK, fit TERRIBLE for petites, and they appear to fit big. I think I'm going to skip this season, because the $15 shipping to Canada is far too much for what appears to me a purposefully long shirt and some T-shirts. The Truman looks pretty, though.
Yikes! I'm 5'1 and 109 lbs decided to order the size 0. Now I'm thinking it'll be to big
icon_cry.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by ginmorel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yikes! I'm 5'1 and 109 lbs decided to order the size 0. Now I'm thinking it'll be to big
icon_cry.gif

We're very similar sizes (5'0 and 107lbs, 32C) so I'm afraid you're right. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I found a thread on the Fashion thread where someone kindly posted pictures of the shirts! Here's the link: https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/141215/elizabeth-clarke#post_2299491

I'll see if I can get some pictures of me wearing them so you can see the fit on a petite frame.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bunbunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  We're very similar sizes (5'0 and 107lbs, 32C) so I'm afraid you're right. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I found a thread on the Fashion thread where someone kindly posted pictures of the shirts! Here's the link: https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/141215/elizabeth-clarke#post_2299491

I'll see if I can get some pictures of me wearing them so you can see the fit on a petite frame.
Thanks! That definitely does look bigger than I thought
icon_cry.gif

Maybe I should email and order the size 00.

I actually googled "Elizabeth & Clarke customer service reviews" because I am having such a hard time with their customer service. I received my Spring box  and two of the shirts do not fit me, plus I was not super impressed by their quality. I e-mailed customer service over three weeks ago, asking for my subscription to be cancelled, but I never heard back. Finally, on Monday I called their customer service line, but at 1:30 PM in the afternoon, no one was available to speak to me. I left a message on their voicemail and expected a call back within 24 hours like their voicemail stated. By Wednesday, I had still not heard back from them, so i called again. I had to leave yet another message. Finally, I went to their facebook page and left a post on their wall, and the reply I got was " Hi Heather, we only have 1 voicemail from you left this morning. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours." Of course, when someone posts something negative on their facebook, they are all over it. I really felt like posting a screenshot of the e-mail I sent them nearly three weeks ago in response, but settled for letting them know that i had called and left a message previously.  Honestly, I have never had this much trouble with any customer service line and over 48 hours later, I am still waiting for someone to call me back. 

Sorry you are having so much trouble! I still haven't been charged on my card, which is good because the card was expired. I received my Spring tops and I requested a return package about 3 weeks ago as well and haven't heard anything. I've kept the shirts and stuff in the bags they came in, but I'm not going to bend over backwards to get them back to them since I haven't been charged. I'd be VERY upset if I had been charged though and couldn't get them to send me a return package. You might call your credit card and see what they can do.

It seems like they give people a hard time when they want to cancel. I messaged them asking me to hold my subscription until Fall, and they got back to me in a few days and all was well. Maybe try to make sure you won't get charged for the next season, and then once that's set spend your time trying to cancel.

Best of luck to both of you in dealing with their customer service! Unfortunately, they don't pay for returns from Canada so I'm stuck with my shirts. I'm sure I'll find some people who'll fit them and buy the ones that don't fit off of me, though. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hate it when companies don't have consistant customer service... This was my first month ordering from them, and I guessed the sizing incorrectly. When I tried the shirts on they were way too baggy. I was so disappointed that I wrote to CS wanted to return them all, as well as cancel since I didn't see anything in the Summer collection I was interested in. I got a reply the next day asking for details on why I wanted to return the items and that my account had been cancelled. When I replied with my reasons, I got a response later that day with a packing label and the return instructions. I changed my mind a little later, and decided that I wanted to down-size the shirts and see if that would work better so I replied again. It took a few days to get  a response (because of the weekend I guess), but they said to use the same label and the exchange would be processed instead of a return. 

Hoping everything runs smoothly from here on out with getting the other shirts. If I haven't heard anything by the end of next week I'll contact them again.

The new Fall collection is out: https://www.elizabethandclarke.com/

Choices need to be made by August 1, shipping starts September 1.

No real blouses this time around, but I rather like all three (unlike the Summer collection, which I found to be "eh" and skipped). I'm not sure if I'd want to pay $25 for each, though ($20 each + $15 shipping total). The henley style shirt looks super comfortable, but is it worth $25, to me? The sweater looks very comfy, too. I'm neutral on the sleeveless shirt, since I already have the Arden from the Spring collection.

I e-mailed E&C to change my sizing information and got a very quick response. They're also going to send me approximate lengths for the shirts for those of us who found the shirts too long before. I'm hoping to get a response by tomorrow night!

Latest posts

Back