Inner Circle?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone here sub to Inner Circle from Saffron Rouge? This is my first month subbing to it. I don't like that they don't offer tracking for the boxes, and the website is very vague as far as when the boxes ship, when you get charged, etc. I checked their FB page and found some more info, and mine was supposed to have been shipped on the 11th, so hopefully it will be here soon. 

If you sub to it, do you like it? At $24.99, it's my most expensive sub so far, (besides one Memebox that was almost $30 after shipping.) 

I wasn't aware that most boxes told you when you were charged or when they shipped, you just kind of figured it out when it happened after a month or two of subscribing? :s Either way, they do send e-mails for when they charge you and for shipping.

I trust their customer service, because although they made a mistake and charged me for February when they didn't have enough boxes, they called AND e-mailed me immediately. When I asked them to keep the money and use it for March's box, I got a reply within 12 hours and as promised, I wasn't double-charged for the March box. The e-mail I got about shipping was on the 12th (no tracking number, but I do live in Canada so that's what I thought was the reason) and I got the box two days later (so the e-mail might have been late).

I absolutely LOVE this month's box. Here's what I got:

-Kahina Giving Eye Serum sample (argan oil)

-ilike Grape Stem Cell Solutions Cleansing Milk sample

-Suki Transformative Cleansing Clay Sample

-Living Nature Thickening Mascara Jet Black full size

-Dr. Hauschka Lip Balm full size (it's tiny but you need less than that little spoon next to it to cover your entire lips)

-The Body Deli Mini Solar Day Cream full size mini

-Primavera Energizing Juniper Cypress Body Oil travel size
I've been looking around at online prices for the items and I believe the entire box is at least triple of what it cost me. Of course, you can find cheaper dupes for these items but I'm still really happy to try these products.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bunbunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wasn't aware that most boxes told you when you were charged or when they shipped, you just kind of figured it out when it happened after a month or two of subscribing? :s Either way, they do send e-mails for when they charge you and for shipping.

I trust their customer service, because although they made a mistake and charged me for February when they didn't have enough boxes, they called AND e-mailed me immediately. When I asked them to keep the money and use it for March's box, I got a reply within 12 hours and as promised, I wasn't double-charged for the March box. The e-mail I got about shipping was on the 12th (no tracking number, but I do live in Canada so that's what I thought was the reason) and I got the box two days later (so the e-mail might have been late).

I absolutely LOVE this month's box. Here's what I got:

-Kahina Giving Eye Serum sample (argan oil)

-ilike Grape Stem Cell Solutions Cleansing Milk sample

-Suki Transformative Cleansing Clay Sample

-Living Nature Thickening Mascara Jet Black full size

-Dr. Hauschka Lip Balm full size (it's tiny but you need less than that little spoon next to it to cover your entire lips)

-The Body Deli Mini Solar Day Cream full size mini

-Primavera Energizing Juniper Cypress Body Oil travel size
I've been looking around at online prices for the items and I believe the entire box is at least triple of what it cost me. Of course, you can find cheaper dupes for these items but I'm still really happy to try these products.

I also LOVE my Saffron Rouge Inner Circle sub! I can't say enough good times about it actually. I've only had it for 2 months so far, but I haven't been the slightest bit disappointed. The value is great, it's always a good mix of samples and full size products. I would not recommend if you don't care about getting natural and organic products. If that's not important to you, I would go with Glossy Box for a similar price point. However if you're like me and that is a big deal to you, this is a wonderful sub! They don't have tracking that I've seen, but they do ship USPS which is much faster than a lot of shipping that subs use (at least for me). I haven't been a subscriber long enough to see a pattern in billing/shipping.

Thank you for your reply! I'm glad to hear that their CS is so prompt and on top of things!

The other subs that I've tried, like BB, Ipsy, etc., tell you when you'll be charged and you at least have an idea of when they will be shipped. I did get an email when mine was shipped and I was charged, but that was two weeks after I ordered, and that was the first communication I had from them. No sub is going to be perfect, and I know that Inner Circle is a relatively new thing, I would just like to see more info on the site and tracking for the subs in the future. 

The box looks great!! I can't wait to get mine. I'm really interested in trying out more natural and organic skincare and makeup, so I'm excited to see what Saffron Rouge has to offer each month! 

I just subscribed to this yesterday!  I'm pretty excited about it  It does seem strange they don't give tracking since its so easy to do but I'm already checking the mail every day anyway :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That spoiler look amazing and I hope I get that box and don't have to wait until April to get my first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofserendip /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also LOVE my Saffron Rouge Inner Circle sub! I can't say enough good times about it actually. I've only had it for 2 months so far, but I haven't been the slightest bit disappointed. The value is great, it's always a good mix of samples and full size products. I would not recommend if you don't care about getting natural and organic products. If that's not important to you, I would go with Glossy Box for a similar price point. However if you're like me and that is a big deal to you, this is a wonderful sub! They don't have tracking that I've seen, but they do ship USPS which is much faster than a lot of shipping that subs use (at least for me). I haven't been a subscriber long enough to see a pattern in billing/shipping.
I'm so glad to see another positive review for Inner Circle! I canceled my BB and Ipsy to free up my beauty budget, and I was hoping that Inner Circle would become a new favorite. 

They ship USPS? That makes me sooo happy! USPS is so much faster than FedEx, in my experience. 

Loooove this box! By far the best box I get, IMHO.  I am recently transitioning into organic and natural products, so this is the only inexpensive way to sample these products!

I've used almost all of the products in my box now and I'm happy with all of them. None are something I would rave about, but they all work decent to well. I've looked at the ingredients for some of the products (I do a lot of research for blog posts, haha) and so far, so good! My short thoughts on the products (and one peanut allergy warning):

Body oil - the juniper smell reminds me of an old Asian remedy my family always uses. It's been six hours and my skin is still a little oily... but oh so soft. 

Lip balm - I was just raving about Epic Blend lip balm, which I won in a BB5 giveaway, and Dr Hauschka's is the same or better in moisturizing but goes on very thick and stays on forever. IT CONTAINS PEANUT OIL, SO BEWARE

Mascara - doesn't really clump, IMO (but I'm a newbie to makeup so don't trust me). Doesn't make my eyelashes too voluminous, which I personally like but others might not. As a comparison, the "It's So Big!" mascara from February BB5 made my eyelashes pop out more. But supposedly this one conditions your eyelashes while its on.

Solar day cream - goes on wet, dries quickly, no overwhelming scent, no complaints.

Eye serum - haven't seen any change in my undereyes, but I don't typically have dryness there. Only going to get 3-4 uses out of it, using only a drop each time. Shame!

Mask - used as an overnight spot treatment. Most of it soaked into my skin within minutes which surprised me. Sort of helped my pimples, I guess? Not much different from my other spot treatments.

Cleaning milk - didn't try yet
Overall, I'm happy! The products are good quality IMO, and although they might work just as well as other products it's the fact that they're vegan and often free of bad chemicals that makes me like them a lot.

I just subbed to inner circle as well, and love it! March was my first box, and it's always nice when the first item you pull out is worth more than what you paid for the box. After that, the rest is just bonus! I was impressed with the number of products, too - 7! I've tried them all already, and there's only one which I didn't like.

I just started getting into natural products, and with so many brands out there it's a little overwhelming. I'm so glad I can try things out without committing to full-size products.

Got my box today!! I'm so happy with everything in this box, from the quality to the quantity. I'm definitely going to keep subbing to Inner Circle. 

How do you know after you signed up that you're not on the waitlist? Do they charge you on the same day of every month? if so what day is that they charge you, there vary vague on that information.

Quote: Originally Posted by Luxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  How do you know after you signed up that you're not on the waitlist? Do they charge you on the same day of every month? if so what day is that they charge you, there vary vague on that information.

I just emailed them about this!  I signed up and got no email confirmation whatsoever.  So I contacted them today to ask whats up.  I also feel like I may have signed up twice (thinking that I hadn't because I got no email) so I wanted to make sure I didnt get two boxes.

I did read that there's a waitlist and that you'll get an email when your name comes up for a box and they charge you, etc. but it would have been nice for them to send an automatic reply or something after I put in all my information!

Definitely vague.  But the boxes I've seen reviewed look great so I'm willing to deal with that.  I'll let you know what they say when I get a reply :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This was my biggest issue with joining Inner Circle. I had no idea if I was on the waitlist or not. I got an email that I had been charged and another saying that my box had been shipped on the 14th of this month, but I don't know if it's the same every month. I checked their FB page and they had answered a few questions about when the boxes would be shipped, so maybe you could try asking there?

I really like the products, and I think I'll continue subbing, but some more info would be appreciated. If my card is going to be charged, I like to know when I'll be charged and when I'll be receiving my products. Inner Circle is the vaguest (so far) that I've subbed to. 

Quote: Originally Posted by rebeccabostwick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This was my biggest issue with joining Inner Circle. I had no idea if I was on the waitlist or not. I got an email that I had been charged and another saying that my box had been shipped on the 14th of this month, but I don't know if it's the same every month. I checked their FB page and they had answered a few questions about when the boxes would be shipped, so maybe you could try asking there?

I really like the products, and I think I'll continue subbing, but some more info would be appreciated. If my card is going to be charged, I like to know when I'll be charged and when I'll be receiving my products. Inner Circle is the vaguest (so far) that I've subbed to. 
Exactly, yes Id like to know when I will be charged because I pay with Visa Debit and it comes out of my chequing account. It does say on there FAQ page that they charge when they ship. lol So it could be anytime?.... Not very helpful. I like how Ipsy charges, they ALWAYS charge on 1st of every month, unless there is an issue with them processing the payment, than they try within 1-2 days.

Thanks for all the info :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Exactly, yes Id like to know when I will be charged because I pay with Visa Debit and it comes out of my chequing account. It does say on there FAQ page that they charge when they ship. lol So it could be anytime?.... Not very helpful. I like how Ipsy charges, they ALWAYS charge on 1st of every month, unless there is an issue with them processing the payment, than they try within 1-2 days.

Thanks for all the info :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Got the info!

"Typically we bill between the 9th and the 15th of the month and we ship out during this time frame as well."     And also I'm on the list for April!  I was hoping to get March but oh, well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I subscribed a week ago and I made it off the waitlist, if that helps.   I emailed them back and asked about tracking emails just to sort of put my two cents in that tracking is awesome.

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got the info!

"Typically we bill between the 9th and the 15th of the month and we ship out during this time frame as well."     And also I'm on the list for April!  I was hoping to get March but oh, well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I subscribed a week ago and I made it off the waitlist, if that helps.   I emailed them back and asked about tracking emails just to sort of put my two cents in that tracking is awesome.
Well, I gotta say they are quick to answer questions!

They said they use USPS and that when the box is shipped they will send an email.  HOWEVER, the tracking number doesn’t come attached to the email, so if you want it you should email them about it after you get your shipment confirmation and they will give you your tracking number. 

I just love this sub, it is one of my favorites right up there with Petit Vour.  I have recently cleared out all my non-organic sub boxes and am very happy with these two that I kept.  I recently signed up for Vegan Cuts Beauty box as well as I had seen some things from past boxes that I liked.  I also subscribed to Untoxicating Beauty, which has only sent out 2 boxes so far and I have to say that I love the brands they have sent.  I am hoping that the March box is just as good as the first two.  That one is a bit more expensive ($36 if you are not a charter member) and the value may not be there but the Sheswai polish they sent last month is the only polish I will ever wear.  It is 5 free and lasts longer on my nails than any of the other 5 free that I have tried. 

Just love that beauty brands and boxes are finally coming around offering products that won't make us sick!

Yay! Shipment notice!! This is the box I get the most excited about by far!

Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay! Shipment notice!! This is the box I get the most excited about by far!

Just got my notice too!!

Latest posts

Back