Birchbox April 2014 - SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FAQ's!  Every month, we get lovely new people with questions.  We want to give you a resource to help people quickly (because we love helping here!).  If you see someone asking a common question (what is a clicky truck, what is the app trick, etc), just come to the first page of this thread, find my post, quote it, and edit out the parts you don't need.  Hope this helps!

Q. When does Birchbox ship?

A. Birchbox typically ships by the 10th of each month unless there is a delay.

Q. How many products are sent out?

A. Depends on the month and on the box. They typically send between four to six items each month ranging from perfume samples to full size cosmetic products.

Q:  Why does my box only show that I’m getting 3 items?

A:  Don’t worry!  The box contents are still updating.  Birchbox guarantees that you’ll get 4-6 items, so you’re getting at least one more!  Just be patient and the box will update with more items soon.

Q: How do I know what number box I’m getting?

A: Log into your account, click on BOX at the top of the screen then scroll down and it will show your products for that month - but it won't tell you which box it is. To find out exactly what box you're getting scroll down further to the box history and you'll see your current box as well as any past boxes. If you hover your mouse over the current month’s box, a link should pop up, with your box number at the end of the URL. If you click on it picture, you’ll be taken to that box page, and the box number will show at the end of the URL in your address box.

Q:  What is a “clicky truckâ€?

A:  A clicky truck means that your box has shipped and the shipping information is on the Birchbox website.  If you log into the site and go to “Account Settingsâ€, you’ll see a little truck that has the current month listed.  Once the new month starts, the truck will update to that month, but without tracking information.  Then, once your box ships, a tracking link will show up UNDERNEATH the truck (the truck itself is not actually clickable, the link beneath it is).

Q:  What’s the difference between a regular Birchbox and a Welcome Box?

A:  A Welcome Box is when you get someone (or yourself!) a Gift Subscription.  If you go through the regular wait list, you won’t get a Welcome Box, you’ll just get a regular box from that month.  But if you’ve been given a Gift Sub, or purchased one for yourself, then you’ll get a Welcome Box – which will have several items from previous Birchboxes. 

Q:  What is a “punishment boxâ€?

A:  A Punishment box is not an official Birchbox thing.  Sometimes people get boxes that they don’t like.  Either they feel that the items are completely off from the profile they set up, or they just got items that they personally will never use.  It is based entirely off of opinion – one person’s Punishment Box can be someone else’s Best Box Ever!

Q:  What is Box Envy?

A:  Box Envy happens when you get a box with items you don’t want, but you see someone else get a box that would have been just PERFECT for you!

Q:  How can I do a trade?

A: Sometimes, you’ll get an item that you just don’t want or can’t use.  That’s the risk we all take with getting subscription boxes.  Don’t worry, you can trade it!  You can either create a trade thread through the regular channel or post in the Birchbox-specific trade thread for that month.  If someone has created a trade thread, they’ll post the link in this thread (and once I see it, I’ll try to update this post with it!)  Here’s a link to the regular trade thread area https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/23798/subscription-box-swaps  Please be sure to read the buy/sell/trade rules and comply with them.  Any trade talk in this thread is subject to deletion.

Q:  Why is everyone asking how much boxes weigh?

A:  Box weight is a great way to see if you’re getting the same box as someone else.  Also, heavier boxes tend to contain larger (though not necessarily better) items like leave in conditioner, shampoo, etc.  Lighter boxes contain items like foil samples OR full-size makeup! 

Q:  What is the App Trick?  Or, how can I use my iPhone to see what I’m getting before the 10th?

A:  If you have an iPhone, you can SOMETIMES figure out what you’re getting before boxes update.  Open the Birchbox app and go to the Discovery section.  Then start scrolling!  Look for items marked “Box Historyâ€.  If it’s an item that you haven’t gotten in previous boxes, then it just may be in your box this month!  However, this is not an exact science.

Q:  My box doesn’t match the picture on the website! (i.e. items are missing or damaged, or you received something that wasn’t listed in the box contents)  What do I do?

A:  Birchbox has a great Customer Service Team.  Just email them at [email protected] and they’ll be happy to help you get it sorted out.

Q: I said no perfume/hair products/nail polish/etc.! Why did they send this to me?

A: There is literally NO WAY to opt out of anything. You can uncheck the box on the quiz, and on Fragrances, limit it to 6 samples per year, but you cannot entirely opt out of anything.  Even due to allergies.  

Q:  What is a Mystery Pack/Pick Two?

A: Whenever you place an order over $35 from the Birchbox shop, you can add a "Mystery Pack" to your order (you must add the Mystery Pack from the Bonus Shop, it will not come automatically).  It will contain two samples.  One may be a foil, but there is supposed to be at least one "deluxe" sample (an MUT member recently got the definition of deluxe as "at least three uses, and is resealable").  If you get two foil samples, please contact Birchbox Ops to let them know and they will try to accommodate you by sending another sample pack OR by giving you points.  You used to be able to choose from a number of sample packs with set samples, which is where the "Pick Two" name comes from.  However, that option is no longer available, and all samples packs are "Mystery Packs".

Q:  I just saw a great code for additional points!  It's past the first of the month, and I've already been billed.  If I cancel/restart my subscription, will I get two boxes for this month?

A:  As long as you have already been billed for this month (regardless of whether your box is still in packing stage, has been shipped, or you already have it in your hands), you WILL NOT get two boxes in one month UNLESS you have two accounts.  For example, let's say it's Nov 5th.  You've been billed for Nov, but your box hasn't been revealed or shipped yet.  You see an awesome points code, and cancel/reactivate your account.  You will get ONE Nov box, and you have now PRE-PAYED for Dec.  Which means you won't get billed on Dec 1st, but you will get a Dec box.

To me April means Spring Break and one step closer to summer!! I'm hoping my April BB includes some or all of the following: A fun new lippie, always looking for a HG moisturizer or serum (tho last months DDF dew is really nice!!), would love a hair mask, dry shampoo... I'm sure there's more tho. 😉

April wish list: Hoping for some makeup (except for mascara) Maybe a colored eye liner or a lip liner would be awesome. Bath salts Nail polish in a fun spring color Sulfate free, paraben free shampoo/ conditioner Extra- tea or chocolate or how about a candle!

My March box was awesome so I can't wait to see what they have to offer in April! And I should be getting my 13th month code in April.

APRIL WISH LIST:

Eyeshadow primer

Nail polish base coat or quick dry top coat

Tinted lip balm

Cream eyeshadow in a summer easy color like peach or light gold

Kinda meh about March.

So my April wishlist includes:

- bronzer to get ready for summer

- lip gloss or gloss balm

- dry shampoo

- BP oil

- sheet mask

- facial spray/mist

No tea or food please

April wants:

some color for the eyes, whether it be an eyeshadow or liner

a bright and springy nail polish, but from a new brand! i don't mind the CC minis at all, but i'm also wanting to discover something new!

I think I'm looking for something peach-or-pink-champagne-shimmery. And a body oil! And a super moisturizing shaving cream and exfoliating scrub! And a shower gel in a spring fruit scent, not a floral. And, as always, more indie/boutique lines.

I want everything to smell like flowers and look like flowers.  I've had enough of this winter--I analyze my spring bulbs daily for signs of blooming :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I want everything to smell like flowers and look like flowers.  I've had enough of this winter--I analyze my spring bulbs daily for signs of blooming :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I want everything to smell like flowers, too. I can't wait for the Lilacs to bloom. It's my favorite flowers scent. Today I was at CVS and it's the 1st time I've seen Degree brand Sheer Lilac deodorant/antiperspirant, so I bought it and I got home and tried it after my shower ... and it freakin' smells just like the original Degree for women I used to wear in high school. It's okay, but I wanted the Lilac scent, darn it. Oh, and on the topic of Birchbox, please no deodorant wipes. I get it that they're handy, but I really prefer deodorant in a stick or a gel.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I'm looking for something peach-or-pink-champagne-shimmery. And a body oil! And a super moisturizing shaving cream and exfoliating scrub! And a shower gel in a spring fruit scent, not a floral. And, as always, more indie/boutique lines.
I did not see this before I posted mine!  Great minds!

Quote: Originally Posted by puppymomofthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I did not see this before I posted mine!  Great minds!
Heh.  I'm not big on skirts or dresses (they clash with the huge -- probably 3"x6" -- bombshell tattoo I have on the back of one of my calves), but I tend to roll up my jeans a *lot* once spring hits!  The weather around here is so freakishly changeable that I don't bother with shorts or capris because you never know when the weather will go the exact opposite of whatever you're dressed for.  I learned how to layer at a very, *very* early age.  Probably while still in utero. 

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Heh.  I'm not big on skirts or dresses (they clash with the huge -- probably 3"x6" -- bombshell tattoo I have on the back of one of my calves), but I tend to roll up my jeans a *lot* once spring hits!  The weather around here is so freakishly changeable that I don't bother with shorts or capris because you never know when the weather will go the exact opposite of whatever you're dressed for.  I learned how to layer at a very, *very* early age.  Probably while still in utero. 

Oregonians know how to layer like no one's business!

I want everything to smell like flowers, too. I can't wait for the Lilacs to bloom. It's my favorite flowers scent. Today I was at CVS and it's the 1st time I've seen Degree brand Sheer Lilac deodorant/antiperspirant, so I bought it and I got home and tried it after my shower ... and it freakin' smells just like the original Degree for women I used to wear in high school. It's okay, but I wanted the Lilac scent, darn it. Oh, and on the topic of Birchbox, please no deodorant wipes. I get it that they're handy, but I really prefer deodorant in a stick or a gel.
Love lilac everything! We have tons of huge lilac trees at our new place that take up a giant section of our yard. I can't wait for them to bloom. I like floral scented anything. It's my birthday month, I want some good stuff! 100% agree about the deodorant wipes. I got them once before and I just didn't feel very secure about it.

Hi Ladies! 

April will be my first BB :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm hoping to get makeup! and hair stuff! and anything with SPF is on my wishlist for the coming summer months. 

really, I'm new to subscription boxes so I will be easy to please, I don't have a stash or overstock of *anything* and I want some of *everything*!

yay can't wait for April's box.  Hoping for body lotion, eye shadows and blush.  NO MORE BB or CC Creams please, I'm still working my way through a basketful!

Latest posts

Back