Beauty DNA

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm...I didn't get the email but just checked out the site. As little as I need anything new (for probably the next few years, because of my product-hoarding), I'm interested. I want to hear about others' experiences with it first, though.

My BeautyDNA box arrived today. Quick turn-around, shipped by UPS, then delivered to my Post Office for them to bring to me. That made it take an extra day but I had tracking all of the way. Overall, I'm a bit confused about this sub. While watching the intro video, you can tell it's the same location which our "Beauty Test Tubes" are planned and the contact address is even the same, however, my box was shipped from Boca Raton, Florida so I'm wondering if the warehouse is in Fl or if it's a store that they use in their matching system. I'll be very curious to see where next month's ships from. As for the sub, it's not really "jump up and down" exciting but it is packed nicely. On their facebook page, they are asked if it's just one item a month and if there are any bonuses or samples sent with the product. They sort of skirt around the question, not really answering straight out but yet making it sound that there "might" be times it would happen. I was surprised that they wouldn't have sent one with the very first box BUTTTTTTTTTTTT I felt that my one item was a really good choice for me and I do like how personalized it is including the card that is included with my name on it, why the product was chosen and how it went "hand in hand" with my answers from the sign up questions that we answer. Since everyone's product will be different due to their preferences and the fact that I can't ever figure out the proper way of doing spoilers, I'm just going to come right out and say what was sent to me. My matched product was "Skyn Iceland's Oxygen Infusion Night Cream with Biospheric Complex". I'm super thrilled because it sells for $75 for the full size (which is what I got and I did search to confirm that it does sell for that). Personally, the little experience that I've had with Skyn Iceland, I've been impressed and I would have NEVER been able to pay $75 for an item, no matter how much I might have wanted to try it so I'm pleased with being able to have the opportunity and it was only $25 which included the s/h. I will be watching this sub very close because if it starts to go downhill, then I won't stick around for one item  (unlike how I'm a total sucker & so afraid I'm going to miss the perfect sample with the darn Beauty Test Tubes).  I know this horribly long and I'm sorry but I do have to end with what I think is a funny story about me and this tube. I didn't watch the video (was having technical problems with it) until after I had filled out the questions and signed up so right afterwards when I was watching the video, I about fell off my chair when the "match up" brochure read, "Angela, you've been matched" and it was showing the Dr. Brandt item. I was like, wow how did they do that, match me up so quickly? It sort of freaked me out so I watched it a few more times, in case it would show other names. I signed out of my computer and watched it from my husband's computer and it still read, "Angela, you've been matched"...... Needless to say, I was almost convinced that they were going to send me that same item in the video up until I opened my box today....... Anyways, it seemed funny in my head but not as much in typing it....... (I actually sound like a real "nut case") so I guess it's one of those things that you just had to be there for!!! It's quite reassuring that I now know that it was just a coincidence that the name "Angela" was used in the sub video, lol!!!!

That is a funny story, Angela :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I did go ahead and sign up. I like that it really does seem to be personalized. I'm so interested to see what I'll get!

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That is a funny story, Angela :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I did go ahead and sign up. I like that it really does seem to be personalized. I'm so interested to see what I'll get!
That's awesome.... I can't wait to see what they match you up with! I found the overall survey difficult for me because there isn't a lot that I've tried before so it sort of seems that I'm a bit over eager for just about anything but I like that we can change it as we go along. My biggest complaint about shopping on my own and searching for the perfect product has been that it seems like almost everything that I have bought on my own has worked against my very sensitive skin. I also find that I really have a huge dislike for most "fragrance scented" products but due to inexperience, they were the products that I mostly have ended up with. It's a HUGE plus for me that I was able to pick what scents that I can tolerate on this survey. Also, I like the fact that it's on a rotation for skin, bath & body & hair, so since I picked skin for this month, next month it will be a bath and body product.

I just signed up for this subscription today after reading the review on MySubscriptionAddiction. It looks like an amazing service, I am really happy there is a company sending full-size skin care products. I am not as concerned about hair care and body care since I get so many samples of those kinds of products in Glossybox, mainly excited about the skin care. I feel like $25 per month is a great price as long as it matches well with my profile. I went back to my profile and set all the Hair Care items to not interested. 

I signed up.  Liz @ mysubscriptionaddiction.com is going to kill me!  Everything she posts, I want!

As a side note, their customer service is top notch.

I asked a question about allergies and got a response in less than ten minutes.

I only want skin care.  I should go back and make sure I said no to all hair care. Hm...

Quote: Originally Posted by Blonde vixen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[so I received my item AHAVA facial renewal peel. It's worth $35. I'm thinking about canceling already.
frown.gif

I wouldn't blame you for canceling! That would be disappointing. I am hoping I don't receive AHAVA products or I will probably cancel too. I'll post what I get once it gets here. I ordered it yesterday.

[so I received my item AHAVA facial renewal peel. It's worth $35. I'm thinking about canceling already.
frown.gif

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience not turning out so good........ 

frown.gif

Is the AHAVA brand not very good?  I'm not too familiar with them.  Or was it because it was something you won't use and their Beauty Match Profile thing didn't work correctly? 

If I was you, I'd give it one more month then cancel if you're still not happy.  At least, that's what I would do.  Part of it is the "what if"!  What if next time the value is incredible and makes up for it?  What if this product turns out to work well?  What if this next thing you get is something you've been dying to try?  These questions are part of my problem! LOL!  Oh, Popsugar was kinda crappy last month?  Well, WHAT IF this month's is freaking amazing!?  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Darn subscription boxes will be the death of me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is the AHAVA brand not very good?  I'm not too familiar with them.  Or was it because it was something you won't use and their Beauty Match Profile thing didn't work correctly? 

If I was you, I'd give it one more month then cancel if you're still not happy.  At least, that's what I would do.  Part of it is the "what if"!  What if next time the value is incredible and makes up for it?  What if this product turns out to work well?  What if this next thing you get is something you've been dying to try?  These questions are part of my problem! LOL!  Oh, Popsugar was kinda crappy last month?  Well, WHAT IF this month's is freaking amazing!?  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Darn subscription boxes will be the death of me.

The AHAVA brand is good, but I see a lot of their products in Marshalls/Ross. 

Here's the two products I got. I know it's just supposed to be one product normally. But I was happily surprised to open my package and see that I got a "bonus product." Two things that I will definitely be using/trying out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The black lines in the bottom picture are just there to cover up my full name. Did anyone else get a "bonus product"?

Im really excited to see what I get!  I did mark no on all hair stuff to try and avoid getting that kind of thing.  I'm mainly in this for skin care, I admit.

So my box shipped and it weighs 14.9oz.

anyone else's weigh that much? just curious what I might end up with based on that.  Its shipped UPS but it says it wont get here til NEXT wednesday.  hopefully thats wrong because I might die of suspense!

I just joined.  I am excited to see what they send.  Not a huge price to pay for something that might be good for me--I spend too much money on products that do not work, I like the idea of a personal beauty shopper! 
lovelovee.gif

So my box shipped and it weighs 14.9oz.

anyone else's weigh that much? just curious what I might end up with based on that.  Its shipped UPS but it says it wont get here til NEXT wednesday.  hopefully thats wrong because I might die of suspense!
dang... I am super curious and can't wait to see what on earth could weigh that much!!! I got a very nice jar of face cream which feels heavy to me but when I checked my box, the weight of it was only 2 lbs... I just can't even imagine what might be in your box!

Quote: Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  dang... I am super curious and can't wait to see what on earth could weigh that much!!! I got a very nice jar of face cream which feels heavy to me but when I checked my box, the weight of it was only 2 lbs... I just can't even imagine what might be in your box!

Wait your box weighed 2lbs?!  Mine weighs less than a pound since its only 14oz but I was trying to figure out what sort of thing could weigh 8 oz and not be hair.  That's if the box itself weighs 6oz.

When I first read it I thought it said 14 POUNDS and I was majorly confused.

but if your box weighed 2 pounds and you got a nice face cream maybe theres hope that the item is a face cream!  Thats mainly what I was worried about because most good face creams come in small, lightweight packages :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Im really jealous of your Skyn Iceland stuff!!  I want some, too!

If only I didnt live in Seattle.  My package couldn't come from any further away!

Wait your box weighed 2lbs?!  Mine weighs less than a pound since its only 14oz but I was trying to figure out what sort of thing could weigh 8 oz and not be hair.  That's if the box itself weighs 6oz.

When I first read it I thought it said 14 POUNDS and I was majorly confused.

but if your box weighed 2 pounds and you got a nice face cream maybe theres hope that the item is a face cream!  Thats mainly what I was worried about because most good face creams come in small, lightweight packages :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Im really jealous of your Skyn Iceland stuff!!  I want some, too!

If only I didnt live in Seattle.  My package couldn't come from any further away!
Rofl!!! I was thinking that you'd hit the monthly jackpot with a 14 lb box, darn....... was really excited about that one! So far, I've got mixed feelings with the Skyn Iceland but I think that is because I keep looking for the miracle treatment for my suddenly, really finicky skin. Everything on me has been going downhill since hitting my 40's, six years ago! Granted, I've only used the Skyn Iceland for 3 nights now and yes, my face does seem to be softer but I must admit that I was disappointed that my dream of waking up after the first night with a glowing face like that of Snow White didn't happen. My face does still sort of itchy. yet it doesn't feel as parched as it did before. I'm just SO impatient about things!!! Lol, Seattle, I was wondering why you have to wait SO blasted long to get your package........ I'd be a basket-case and climbing the walls, hence the impatience problem again!  I hope you get something awesome that you don't already have. I feel very lucky for this month but honestly, I'm quite frightened about what's to come with the hair and body months. I know that I could change my profile to only get skin but I'm curious as to what I will be matched up to. I've tweaked my profile about a dozen times now.......

Latest posts

Back