What has made the most dramatic difference in your skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,I'm fairly new to the boards. I love this place! I've been mostly a lurker til now, but there are so many questions I have....My skin is fairly healthy, but starting to show some aging signs. I've tried Some tips on the magazine's section (Skincare) and some of them have really  helped me a lot .

I'm interested in what others have done in their skin care regimen that seems to have made the biggest difference in their skin's health and appearance. In particular, I'm dealing with fair complexion, somewhat sensitive, combo skin, not acne prone, but blackheads are an issue. Some lines are appearing, and I do have redness that I'd like to get rid of too. I'm an NW 20 with freckles and reddish brown hair.Thanks in advance!

Cutting out as many sulfates, bad alcohols, and fragrances from my skin care routine has been the biggest help to me. Basically keeping my skin from drying out and hydrating it by moisturizing, washing my face to introduce water to the skin, and drinking water.

I'm still young, so I'm not really dealing with aging yet. But from what I know about biology, one of the biggest causes of aging is oxidation of the cells. That's why antioxidants are so important for the body and skin. Based on that, I think topical antioxidants like vitamin C could be helpful.

Also: SUNSCREEN! Super important at any age. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Dalila /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The biggest difference has been just keeping a consistent skin care routine. I now wash, tone, and moisturize my face every day and night and it's really helping. 

Yes, consistent use of cleanser, serum/oil, and moisturizer has made a difference for me. Also, applying a few drops of argan or jojoba oil every night helps with dryness for me. 

For me, what made the most dramatic difference in my skin are 3 things: 1) being consistent and devoted to my skin care routine (cleanser/toner/serum/moisturizer) 2)using a clean towel just for my face (i dont even dry my hands with it). 3) using an amazing serum called (vichy liftactive 10 serum) i swear by it and i cant live without it !

I have to agree with Prettologist on

1) consistency consistency consistency, without the correct actions there are no results

2) Education: knowledge of my own skin, understanding what irritates, what the skin type is, and how to treat the different conditions as they arise

3) This is more a result of the above. The correct combination of products: Natural Make Up removal ie: Organic Coconut Oil and Baking Soda, Tea Trea Oil and Sandalwood Oil ( I mix them into my Moisturizer) which is currently La Roche-Posay, but I switch that all the time. And the overnight masque by Nucerity "Skincerity" has made a night and day, miraculous difference in my skin. 

For me, the following have really helped:

1. Using a cleanser that does not contain SLS (It dried out my face and caused eczema outbreaks)

2. Applying the correct amount of sunscreen (1/4 tsp) every morning

3. Using a retinol eye cream morning & night (I had the very faintest fine lines beginning to form underneath my eyes)

4. Taking fish oil/omega 3 supplements everyday 

Washing morning and night then followed by toning, serum and moisturizing! It helps your skin sooo much. I also do chemical peels on myself and I've noticed it will get the black heads out and helps with scars and stuff.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dalila /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The biggest difference has been just keeping a consistent skin care routine. I now wash, tone, and moisturize my face every day and night and it's really helping. 

agreed

We all need to take care our skin from starting... when we became adult we must be more serious bout our fitness and skin care... If we do regular care from that time then we looks younger for a long time.... this time depends on how you care yourself..

Now I recommend you to follow skin care routine... fix your makeup products and don't try different brands daily and don't forgot to remove makeup in night.

Some natural tips will also be enough helpful...

* Drink approx 10 glass water a day...

* [SIZE=11pt]Include vitamin c rich diet like oranges, bananas, papaya. All are very good for skin. Better if you take juice.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]* [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Use aloe vera juice daily and wash it after 20 minutes.[/SIZE]

Hope these tips will help you.

Argan oil! I have the same type of skin as you, and once I stopped going for all "oil-free" moisturizers and started using Argan Oil (started with Josie Maran, but any 100% Argan Oil will do) as my nighttime moisturizer has made a huge difference for me!

I also absolutely agree that consistency and hydration are huge!

Daily exfoliation has been the number one most beneficial anti aging routine in my skin care regime. No one has mentioned that yet, and it's worth mentioning because exfoliation removes all the grime, dirt, dead skin cells that dull skin and make it look older. I also swear by vitamin C serum which will brighten and perfect any age, any ethnicity skin.

PaulasChoice. For me in my mid 30s and my mom mid 50s, hands down the best line either of us have tried.
I got the AHA exfoliant in my birchbox. i LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I like it because it doesn't make me peel like my other chemical peels do. My make up goes on a lot smoother now too!

Daily exfoliation has been the number one most beneficial anti aging routine in my skin care regime. No one has mentioned that yet, and it's worth mentioning because exfoliation removes all the grime, dirt, dead skin cells that dull skin and make it look older. I also swear by vitamin C serum which will brighten and perfect any age, any ethnicity skin.
Chemical peels exfoliate :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Vitamin C serum

I heard great things about Strivectin. They carry it at Costco.

PaulasChoice. For me in my mid 30s and my mom mid 50s, hands down the best line either of us have tried.
YES. I didn't moisturize well into my 20's but when I noticed some fine lines I jumped right on them. I have been using other products up until now, but in March switched to the RESIST Ultra-Light Antioxidant Serum and Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator. I am loving their products and will be adding in more PaulasChoice as I use up some others.

Latest posts

Back