Circular Swap #5 : Central Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here’s the swapping order for your group:

1. @Babs28
  2. @samplegal
  3. @button6004
  4. @StickyLips
  5. @Canny Charlene
  6. @OpheliaDiFranco
  7. Babs28 (Starter)

To be a good participant, please post to the thread when you have received the box (required), post pictures of the box contents (optional, but always fun and appreciated) and PM the next recipient with delivery confirmation information when you send the box on (required). You have the option of either PMing the next recipient or @tgooberbutt for the mailing address/info of the next participant.

Edit: to include one last participant!

Try to keep the box moving by sending it one within one (1) week of when you receive it. Remember, over-communication is better than no communication! Have fun!!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi ladies! @samplegal

@button6004

@StickyLips

@Canny Charlene

@OpheliaDiFranco

This is so exciting!

I'm going to get the box together this weekend. Is there anything in particular that you ladies would like to see in the box?  More make up, skin care? I don't have a ton of nail polish but I do have some so I will include what I can. What products does everyone like? I looked and saw a few of you don't have profiles or your "swap lists" aren't specific about what you would like.  Any HG items you're looking to try?  I have a ton of stuff!  Don't be shy about posting your wants!  

Also, I have some skin care stuff, Paula's Choice and a few other names (I can't remember right this second) that I have used but didn't like. Mostly different type serums (like pore refiner and Vit C serum) They are all pumps. I won't include anything that my fingers have touched the actual product. Would you ladies be interested in that? They will be clearly marked and in addition to the regular swap box items - those are all brand new.

Hugs,

Babs

I'm a huge nail polish fan so I would love to see nail polish in the box. I tend to be less excited about Skincare because my skin is so particular, so I would lean towards makeup over skin products.

Hi Babs28! Looks like I am after you! I am very curious about Paula's Choice products and would love to try them, even if they are opened. And if they are in pumps, that still seems hygenic enough for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I am not too particular overall because I also have just about everything I need to last me a million years, but I'm sure something fun will catch my eye. I enjoy makeup and skincare equally. And I'm happy to keep the nail polish moving to button6004, with a few of my own to add :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

So excited to get this rolling again!

I'm so excited for this! I have a ton of things already set aside for the box- polish, skin stuff, hair products, some makeup samples. I can't wait!

Hi Ladies!!!  I'm super excited that we are starting this round.  I've been subscribing to several sample boxes for almost two years and have tons of everything.  I even have the Amika travel sized flat iron that was a GWP from Birchbox that I plan to toss in the box.  It just isn't for me; I prefer a curling iron. 

I like any type of skin care that is geared towards dry skin.  I like to try mineral based sunscreens as well.  BB and CC creams are a plus especially if they are light colored because I'm very fair.  Hair products are nice and so is any type of make up.  I'm going to sift through my boxes tonight.

Quote: Originally Posted by StickyLips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi Ladies!!!  I'm super excited that we are starting this round.  I've been subscribing to several sample boxes for almost two years and have tons of everything.  I even have the Amika travel sized flat iron that was a GWP from Birchbox that I plan to toss in the box.  It just isn't for me; I prefer a curling iron. 

I like any type of skin care that is geared towards dry skin.  I like to try mineral based sunscreens as well.  BB and CC creams are a plus especially if they are light colored because I'm very fair.  Hair products are nice and so is any type of make up.  I'm going to sift through my boxes tonight.
Hi StickyLips!  I LOVE minis, the ones that look exactly like the full size, just tiny!  I found a Smashbox primer mini and I can't toss it in the box because it is so cute!  lol  I'm a curling iron girl too.  I'll see what skin care items I have that are for dry skin.  Do you sub to Glossybox? Did you try the Vichy moisturizer they sent out in Jan? A lot of women loved it, said it was great for dry skin.

Quote: Originally Posted by samplegal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi Babs28! Looks like I am after you! I am very curious about Paula's Choice products and would love to try them, even if they are opened. And if they are in pumps, that still seems hygenic enough for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I am not too particular overall because I also have just about everything I need to last me a million years, but I'm sure something fun will catch my eye. I enjoy makeup and skincare equally. And I'm happy to keep the nail polish moving to button6004, with a few of my own to add :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

So excited to get this rolling again!
Hi samplegal! Yes, I am sending the box to you!  You are lucky to be going first!  This is my first swap!   Sunday is my day to be lazy and go through my "stash" which is stashed in my vanity, my closet, my bathroom and other places that I apparently forgot about.  I found a stash tonight while pulling out some spring clothes and I've only been subbing since Sept!!!  I do have an Ulta 5 minutes from work so I'll go there and spend too much money at lunch so that is where some more of the stash comes from..and Birchbox and Sephora - there is one in the same mall as the Ulta!   I think I am addicted to GWP!  I should have the box together by the beginning of the week and mailed out by Tuesday, if all goes as planned. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I will make a list of the skincare items I am willing to pass on that I have used and post them here.

I'm so excited!  I hope everyone else checks in soon! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Babs28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi StickyLips!  I LOVE minis, the ones that look exactly like the full size, just tiny!  I found a Smashbox primer mini and I can't toss it in the box because it is so cute!  lol  I'm a curling iron girl too.  I'll see what skin care items I have that are for dry skin.  Do you sub to Glossybox? Did you try the Vichy moisturizer they sent out in Jan? A lot of women loved it, said it was great for dry skin.

Hi samplegal! Yes, I am sending the box to you!  You are lucky to be going first!  This is my first swap!   Sunday is my day to be lazy and go through my "stash" which is stashed in my vanity, my closet, my bathroom and other places that I apparently forgot about.  I found a stash tonight while pulling out some spring clothes and I've only been subbing since Sept!!!  I do have an Ulta 5 minutes from work so I'll go there and spend too much money at lunch so that is where some more of the stash comes from..and Birchbox and Sephora - there is one in the same mall as the Ulta!   I think I am addicted to GWP!  I should have the box together by the beginning of the week and mailed out by Tuesday, if all goes as planned. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I will make a list of the skincare items I am willing to pass on that I have used and post them here.

I'm so excited!  I hope everyone else checks in soon! 
Hi Babs28...Yes, I do sub to Glossybox and have the Vichy moisturizer and it is really nice!  The minis are really cute and I think I have some in my stash that I can include in the box.  I have to say that I'm a sucker for a good GWP.  I fact, I'll wait to buy something that I need in hope of coming across a good GWP!  Super excited here!

[@]Canny Charlene[/@] & [@]OpheliaDiFranco[/@] We'd love to hear from you ladies! Where are you? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@Canny Charlene & @OpheliaDiFranco
We'd love to hear from you ladies! Where are you?
wink.gif

I'm here!  Took a much needed weekend break from internet to spend some family time (if I could only do that with my phone! lol).  I've already pulled my samples and can't wait!!

ETA:  I'm willing to try any moisturizers or eye care products, also love nail polish, and any hair oils like Macadamia or the ones BB has sampled recently...and lip products and colored eyeliners!

Hello girls!!!! Here I am!!!  It sucks that I am at the end, because I have SOOOO Much stuff that I could probably help everyone out with some specific things they are looking for:)
As for me, I do not mind sampled or swatched or used products (ie a mash you triend once and didn't like) as long as they are marked.....I, too, have enough products to last a lifetime, so I am not too picky....I LOVE LOVE LOVE Buxom glosses and will gladly gobble up any that anyone has laying around in any color....I love skin products.  I am a sucker for masks....I love gel moisturizers...I have been interested in checking out ole hendrickson---anything but the orange line---Thats the onl one I have ever sampled and I don't like the smell of it:)  I have enough polish to last a lifetime, so I don't care much for it, but have a ton to pass along....I don't really love body products except for Lush, Fortune Cookie Soap, and Pacifica....Im not a huge drug store brand fan...I love Benefit and Urban Decay...I am tying to find a HG foundation so samples in light would be much appreciated!  (I m mentally scanning sephora in my head lol)  The only thing right now I have really been interested in trying that I haven't is Anastasia's dip brow....Hope this is helpful
!!!   Maybe we can get this to go around twice!!!If I am understanding how this works, Babs will be the only one whose desires I can cater to! lol!!!  So excited for this!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Canny Charlene /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm here!  Took a much needed weekend break from internet to spend some family time (if I could only do that with my phone! lol).  I've already pulled my samples and can't wait!!

ETA:  I'm willing to try any moisturizers or eye care products, also love nail polish, and any hair oils like Macadamia or the ones BB has sampled recently...and lip products and colored eyeliners!
Welcome, Canny!  I understand the much needed weekend break from the internet!  I am due for one myself!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I'll see what I have with regards to hair stuff, I might be able to help you out!   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    I'm not in love with nail polish so I don't have much. 

Hi Ophelia!  Very helpful information!  I'm still going thru my stuff, trying to get a box together that will have something in it for everyone - I'm not very organized with my stuff (that I don't use every day) and I have a TON of it. We have a lot of the same loves!  I don't have any drug store items to put in the box except for nail polish.  

Having the box go around twice may work!  Twice the fun! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

SInce I am still going thru my stuff, I need a few more days to get the box out.  I have my son tonight and tomorrow night (and last night), he's 5 and likes to try my stuff or play with it so there is no going thru my stuff while he is here.  

Ok, so I have all my stuff out of it's hiding places and all in one spot. I already sorted it, now I need to decide what to put in the box and how to pack it.  Does anyone have any objection to starting out with a large box instead of a medium one? I think that will give everyone more incentive to take more stuff from the box!  I've noticed on the past swaps that the first few people generally take only a few things and put a ton in the box.  Maybe this way, it will force the first few ladies to take more stuff than they would if it were a medium box and less stuff was in it?  What does everyone think?

I'm tagging everyone so you see this and can respond! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@samplegal

@button6004

@StickyLips

@Canny Charlene

@OpheliaDiFranco

Hugs,

Babs

Ok, so I have all my stuff out of it's hiding places and all in one spot. I already sorted it, now I need to decide what to put in the box and how to pack it.  Does anyone have any objection to starting out with a large box instead of a medium one? I think that will give everyone more incentive to take more stuff from the box!  I've noticed on the past swaps that the first few people generally take only a few things and put a ton in the box.  Maybe this way, it will force the first few ladies to take more stuff than they would if it were a medium box and less stuff was in it?  What does everyone think? I'm tagging everyone so you see this and can respond! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />@samplegal @button6004 @StickyLips @Canny Charlene @OpheliaDiFranco Hugs, Babs
Sounds great! The bigger the better lol!

Ok, so I have all my stuff out of it's hiding places and all in one spot. I already sorted it, now I need to decide what to put in the box and how to pack it.  Does anyone have any objection to starting out with a large box instead of a medium one? I think that will give everyone more incentive to take more stuff from the box!  I've noticed on the past swaps that the first few people generally take only a few things and put a ton in the box.  Maybe this way, it will force the first few ladies to take more stuff than they would if it were a medium box and less stuff was in it?  What does everyone think?

I'm tagging everyone so you see this and can respond! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@samplegal

@button6004

@StickyLips

@Canny Charlene

@OpheliaDiFranco

Hugs,

Babs
I think it's a great idea!  I have tons to put in the box!

Back