JULEP - What are you currently wearing??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey ladies. I wanted to create a forum where we could all share what Julep colors we are currently wearing. Tips, info, reviews, etc. Share away.....

This will be fun, thanks for starting it!  Can't wait to get home from work and swatch the new colors.  I went for the full Polish Upgrade plus the black and white add on, this is my first time upgrading to a full box!

Quote: Originally Posted by shutterblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This is a few weeks old now, but it's my favorite Julep combo to date!  I submitted the pic for NoTD but it's never been selected.

It's Dianna with Brigitte tips.  (Right now I'm two-timing them with SH's Mermaid's Tale.)
That's gorgeous, great combo!  Thanks for sharing

This is a few weeks old now, but it's my favorite Julep combo to date!  I submitted the pic for NoTD but it's never been selected.

It's Dianna with Brigitte tips.  (Right now I'm two-timing them with SH's Mermaid's Tale.)
GORGEOUS!!!! 

Got the It Girl box yesterday.  Here is Maren:

1 coat & no top coat.  It's really sheer, but has a lovely shimmer/sheen to it.  I didn't expect to like this one as much as I do.

Quote: Originally Posted by queenofserendip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just got my April Maven box today, so I had to redo my nails! I'm wearing Bailey with Aretha on top!

Great combo!  I love the finish on Bailey on it's own too - sheer and almost rubbery, not too shiny!

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1 coat & no top coat.  It's really sheer, but has a lovely shimmer/sheen to it.  I didn't expect to like this one as much as I do.
Beautiful, this is a surprise favorite for me too.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I did this a few days ago, but so far it's holding up! Almost all Julep, with one exception. L to R: Nails Inc. Brook Street, Julep Princess Grace, Lilou, Denver, Margaret and Rae dots.

How much fun is that, I love it!!  What a perfect spring mani.

Brook Street looks like Julep Harriet, which I've been wanting.  Do you have both and if so are they similar?

I did this a few days ago, but so far it's holding up! Almost all Julep, with one exception. L to R: Nails Inc. Brook Street, Julep Princess Grace, Lilou, Denver, Margaret and Rae dots.

Love it!

Quote: Originally Posted by prettylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  How much fun is that, I love it!!  What a perfect spring mani.

Brook Street looks like Julep Harriet, which I've been wanting.  Do you have both and if so are they similar?
I do, I think they look totally different. And actually Brook Street comes out quite a bit darker than it looks in the bottle with 2 coats. Harriet is more orange-y coral, Brook Street is more pink/red coral. No filter on this photo.

I love that combo! It looks great!

Quote: Originally Posted by queenofserendip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just got my April Maven box today, so I had to redo my nails! I'm wearing Bailey with Aretha on top!

This looks so fun! Aretha looks great in every picture I've seen! 

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maren is a perfect spring pink! Your mani looks great! 

This looks awesome! Such a fun, bright mani!

I put on Clara from Julep last night. I love this color so much I got a second as a back up. You have to be patient with it bc it is on the thicker side and can bubble easily. I applied two very thin coats and there is a little streaking. I may put a third coat on tonight for a better coverage. It is a true peachy cream. Base coat Seche Vite and top coat Orly.

I do, I think they look totally different. And actually Brook Street comes out quite a bit darker than it looks in the bottle with 2 coats. Harriet is more orange-y coral, Brook Street is more pink/red coral. No filter on this photo.

Thanks for that!  I'm still on the fence with Harriet, I do have Urban Decay Psychedelic Sister which looks, to me, like a brighter version of it.

I'm dying to wear Bailey, the new cobalt blue, but I have to keep only red and white and sparkles on my nails while my Wisconsin Badgers are playing in the NCAA Championship this weekend!  We play Kentucky, so the blue definitely has to stay at the back of the stash for a few more days 
smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by scriptedending /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wearing Bailey on my nails and Flora on my toes. Bailey as pictured here is two coats and a topcoat. Not taking a pic of my toes, but Flora is really pretty!

I love this! I never thought such a vibrant blue would be so wearable, but this one seems wearable, neutral, summery, good for Fall and high fashion at the same time. Hmmmmmm adding to favorites. Thanks for sharing. 

Quote: Originally Posted by scriptedending /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wearing Bailey on my nails and Flora on my toes. Bailey as pictured here is two coats and a topcoat. Not taking a pic of my toes, but Flora is really pretty!

I love this shade too!  I really like the almost rubbery/matte type finish it has without a top coat.  I think this month's collection, although similar to colors from previous collections, has some really great and interesting finishes that I wasn't expecting at all that sets it apart.

Edit - Oh no, I just tried to put on Bailey (I had previously just swatched it on a wheel) and I don't know if I got a bad bottle or what, but the formula on mine is terrible.  Gloopy, thick, hard to apply, pooled at the edges and took forever to dry.  I got frustrated and just took it off.  I'm going to try out Tatum instead.

Latest posts

Back