Celebrity Big Brother Uk 2006

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
sp0709barb.jpg

Michael Barrymore, comedian -

To great surprise from most quarters, Barrymore announced that he was homosexual and split from his wife Cheryl in 1995, and to whom he had been married since 1976.

In April 2001 Michael Barrymore's home in Roydon, Essex was searched when Stuart Lubbock drowned in his swimming pool after a party. Many tabloid newspapers labelled Barrymore a murderer, and accused him of holding gay drug-fuelled orgies in his home.

Following a police investigation, Barrymore received a caution for possession and use of cannabis; no other charges were filed against him or anyone else. The inquest that took place in September 2002 reached an open verdict on Mr Lubbock's death.

jreg7l.gif

Pete Burns (the various stages of), Frontman of the New Wave band Dead Or Alive -

Almost as much as his career with Dead or Alive, Burns is known for his ever-changing appearance, which he freely admits has been enhanced by cosmetic surgery.

In December 2003, the BBC apologised to its viewers after Burns swore repeatedly on its Liquid News show when asked about the Michael Jackson case.

traci_bingham1.jpg

raci Bingham, Actress -

She is best known for playing the role of Jordan Tate on the television series Baywatch between 1996 and 1998.

02.jpg

Maggot from Goldie Lookin' Chain -

Goldie Lookin' Chain are a rap group based in Newport, South Wales. They produce humourous, often explicit songs that satirise both hip-hop, today's consumer society and life in Newport.

Their song, "Your Mother's Got a Penis" first appeared on their album The Manifesto, and reached #14 in the UK.

rula.jpg

Rula Lenska, Actress -

Born as Countess Roza-Marie Leopoldnya Lubienska.

106944.jpg

Jodie Marsh -

She is best known for working as a glamour model and a 'Page 3 girl'.

Jodie had a nose job at 15. She was once turned down as a page 3 girl and has the rejection letter framed.

rodman.jpg

Dennis Rodman, Former professional basketball player

1119470219.33231.jpg

Faria Alam, Secretary -

Faria Alam was an FA secretary who allegedly had an affair with England national football team manager Sven-Göran Eriksson. This led to the resignation of FA chief executive Mark Palios.

george1.jpg

George Galloway, MP -

Galloway is perhaps best known for his vigorous campaign to overturn economic sanctions against Iraq, and for his controversial meetings with Saddam Hussein in 1994 and 2002. He was expelled from the Labour Party in October 2003 after allegedly bringing the party into disrepute over the 2003 invasion of Iraq, when he called the Labour government "Tony Blair's lie machine" and stated that British soldiers should "refuse to obey illegal orders."

jl05_overview_32_gallery_353x470.jpg

Preston from the Ordinary Boys

http://bbimages.digitalspy.co.uk/cbb4/library/160x120_cbb4_chantelle01.jpg

And the only "non-celebrity" (though that's dubious..) - Chantelle Houghton, who has to convince the other housemates she's in a band called Kandyfloss. No prizes for guessing who she's worked as a lookalike of.

I've done without a television in the house for a few years until now. I have not bothered to watch any reality TV until now either, but this show is a must see. This selection of guests, and their unintentionally funny spats, together with their lack of self awareness and ill-judged attempts to look cool, makes this particular show a work of absolute genius. I particularly enjoyed - George Galloway method-acting a cat, and dressing up as a vampire. The queeny spat between Pete Burns and Jodie Marsh. Pete Burns pretending to have a coat made of gorilla fur to annoy Jodie Marsh. George Galloway dancing, wearing a 1950s style fonzie wig, with Pete Burns yelling "Watch the hip replacement" and "dialysis in 15 minutes." Pete Burns telling Rula Lenska to "eff off." Dennis Rodman eyeing the ladies.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother

It was a brilliant show. My thoughts:

Chantelle: Everyone loves an underdog! And confounding the producers...

Maggot: Nice bloke. Not famous in my opinion!

Preston: As above, but more watchable because of his flirtation with Chantelle.

Pete Burns: Acid-tongued. Wouldn't like him in real life.

Faria Alum: Don't think she should have been on - sends the wrong message. Bit like giving Gordon Ramsay an OBE. Oh, they did!

Jodie Marsh: Looks much better as a brunette. Feisty.

George Galloway: BB tricked him - they played birdsong when he talked politics!

Dennis Rodman: Couldn't understand what he said. Didn't give a fig!

Michael Barrymore: Most famous person there. Very watchable

Traci Bingham: Lovely woman, very American.

Rula Lenska: Didn't make much of an impact.

Welcome to MakeUpTalk birdwing. I'm Laura, one of the mods!

I watched the show and really enjoyed it. The people that i severely disliked on it were Pete, Michael & Jodie!

I also enjoyed this show immensely, and it's interesting how different people respond to different contestants. I like Pete and I think I'd get on well with him - I appreciate his opposition to all that is false and his uncompromising approach to life. But on the other hand I like Jodie Marsh who Pete Burns successfully bullied off the show, as a larger than life character who definitely enjoys life in a guileless and unselfconscious way. I didn't like Michael Barrymore (I never had) as he is obviously hard hearted and phoney (how he appears to me) but it is strange how Pete Burns liked him, although he was so swift to criticize the insincere flattery of Tracie. Dennis Rodman was simply crazy, and a very entertaining character, but the younger lads of the show, maggot and Preston I thought were clever at looking innocent, but were sly and not actually nice people. Pete Burns was exactly right when he identified the sneaky, shifty eyes of Preston. Maggot showed himself up as cruel by attempting to humiliate Chantelle by asking her obvious general knowledge questions that she couldn't answer. George Galloway was a fallen idol as far as I could see - how could he allow himself to be manipulated like that? A good example was the row ofver the "banker" task where obviously Pete Burns provoked a row and sat back to watch it play itself out - Galloway allowed himself to be manipulated by Pete and ended up at the centre of the row himself. He was definitely the most narcissistic of a group of extreme narcissists. Rula Lenska was sententious and dull. Chantelle was chirpy and extremely likeable if a little empty.

Overall, this one was a work of genius - an excellent cast of characters, well chosen and immensely entertaining in a surreal way. The only one of them who came out looking good was Chantelle.

Oh yes, the aftermath of the banker task was car crash TV. George said that Michael was the "most self-obsessed person" he'd ever met. One of the spin-off programmes reminded us that this is from the man who's met Saddam Hussein!

Early on when Chantelle was on her fake celebrity secret mission, Preston put her into an awkward situation when he asked her to swear on her mother's life that she was in a girl band. She did but understandably got really upset afterwards. Tricky...how to get out of that one? Perhaps say that her mother wasn't with her right now, and that she'd rather not bring her into it? Not that I can think on my feet that fast!

A bit of trivia I learnt from one news site - you have to have a licence for gorilla skins obtained after 1947 (not usually granted!). I doubt it was really a gorilla coat, though.

Thanks Laura - I see I have 11,000-odd posts to go to catch up!

I'm very exited and happy that Chantelle won CBB6. A non celebrity winning celebrity big brother. Now thats something. I also wanted Michael Barrymore and Maggot and Preston to win. I was gonna be happy if any of those won, but I'm glad Chantelle got it in the end. :icon_chee

I was just thinking about BB and was gonna start a new thread when i came across this one.Does anyone know when the SUMMER BB is gonna start? I am exctied and can't wait! I SO hope it's gonna be good this year.

Back