Lip Exfoliators

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally coming out of winter here on the East Coast, USA and my lips are in terrible shape! I want to get them summer ready so I can wear bright pink, coral, and orange lipsticks but nothing seems to get the dry patches off the way that I want. I have tried the lip scrubs from Lush and they didn't do much for me. Does anyone have a lip exfoliator that they love? Leave me a comment so I can track it down and give it a try to get my pout in bright lipstick wearing shape. Thanks everyone!

Here's three that range from cheap to free

1.ELF only $3

2.Homemade- Coconut oil plus brown sugar to form thick paste apply with finger message gently

3.Lightly massage lips with clean wet washcloth

Always apply a moisturizing balm after exfoliating (non medicated balm, even Vaseline will work)

Last edited by a moderator:
 Here's three that range from cheap to free

1.ELF only $3

2.Homemade- Coconut oil plus brown sugar to form thick paste apply with finger message gently

3.Lightly massage lips with clean wet washcloth

Always apply a moisturizing balm after exfoliating (non medicated balm, even Vaseline will work)

Thanks Kristine! I think I am going to try the homemade one this weekend. I don't know why making one never dawned on me, but it didn't. I guess I was having a duh moment :)

I've made my own at home and it works well, but I also use the ones from Lalalita Body Co (on Etsy). There are a ton of flavors and they come in a tube which makes them easier to use on the go. I carry one in my purse just in case ^_~

I love the Lush Mint Exfoliator, probably because you can eat it too lol. But it is good on your lips and then I load up on Elizabeth Arden 8hr cream or good old vaseline.

I do think the homemade ones are just as effective as the store-bought ones, but I find myself just opting for the toothbrush thing most of the time. I'll put on a good lip moisturizer for a little bit and then scrub it off with a wet toothbrush, then apply lipstick. It does the trick.

I use lip balm & an old toothbrush. But I do have the ELF lip exfoliator & I really like it.

Selena

Latest posts

Back