-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

Definitive Guide to Subscriptions, My Content and View New Content

subscriptions my content view new content

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 1 OFFLINE   Director

Director

Obsessed

• Administrators
  • 22,580 posts
  • Joined 22-October 03
Reviews

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

How to Use Subscriptions and to Find New Content
There are a few places on MakeupTalk to "new content"

View New Content, Content I follow and My Content

View New Content
When you click on "View New Content" it shows all new content(topics and posts) on the site in an “activity feed style” display. This shows you all new content regardless of if you are subscribed or have participated in any of the topics (threads). The link to View New Content can be found in the upper right hand corner of the forums:
view-new-content.jpg

When you clicking on View New Content it will opens a feed showing you all new activity on the forum:
viewnewcontent2.png

View New Content shows all new activity on the forum regardless if you have posted or subscribed to these topics (threads).
star.jpg RED STAR = Topics(threads) you have posted in and there is new content since the last time you read the thread
dot.jpg RED DOT = Topics(threads) you have never posted in and there is new content since you have last read the thread OR you have never read it

If you want to view new topics/posts/galleries since your last visit, REMOVE any check-marks from everything under "other"

newcontent.jpg

In addition to the link at the top of the page, you can also access New Content through a direct link. (you might want to bookmark it)

Keep in mind, when you click on view new content, to see more of the content you are following pick a different filter:

NOTE!  The checks can be unchecked so you see NOTHING!
filter.jpg

My Content and Content I Follow

Both My Content and Content I Follow are accessed by clicking on your name in the upper right of the screen. You can select either from the menu:
my_content.jpg

My Content is just that, a listing of topics (threads) that you have either started or contributed to. It looks exactly like the View New Content feed, the only difference is you are only seeing topics you have started or posted in. A red dot or circle means this is a topic you have never posted in and there is new content since you have last read the thread, or you have never read it. A RED star means this is a topic you have posted in and there is new content since you have last read the thread. Click on the Dot (circle) or star to go to the first unread post.

Content I Follow (Subscriptions)

Content I Follow is the new name for subscriptions that you were all used to. This is where you go to see new content for the things you are subscribed to and modify how you are notified on each individual subscribed item. You can edit them individually or check the ones on the page you want to change.

It is accessed by clicking on your name in the upper right of the screen and selecting Content I Follow, or clicking on the Content I Follow buttons that were just added to the top and bottom of the page next to the forum navigation buttons

There are several ways to follow something. At the top of a forum or topic there is a follow button.
follow_topic.jpg

follow_topic2.jpg

Clicking on a follow button will add it to your subscriptions and prompt you for how you want to be notified and if you want to be seen following the topic.
You can also automatically follow topics you start of post in and have a lot of control over you subscriptions by going to the Notification Options tab in your My Settings. You can access this by either clicking on your name in the upper right of the screen, and selecting My Settings and then Notification Options, an options link on the top of the popup menu that appears when you click on your notification icon next to your name (see bottom pic), or through this direct link: Notification Options
settings.jpg

You can auto follow topics and posts by checking the box under Topics & Posts and specifying your default notification preferences. You can change preferences for individual content by going to the Content I Follow page accessed by the link located under your name, or by clicking on the Content I Follow buttons on the top and bottom of the screen. The default email notification options are:

• None: You are never notified via email of new content
  • Immediate: You are sent an email for every new post
  • Offline: You are sent a single email the first time there is new content in a thread. No other emails will be sent after that until you revisit the site
  • Daily Digest: A notification email sent once per day with all your notifications
  • Weekly Digest: A notification email sent once per week with all your notifications

Additionally you can specify what you want to receive via email and what you want to be notified of on-site. Your site notification icon is located next to your name in the upper right corner.
notifs.jpg
Clicking on it will give you a popup menu of your current notifications with links to take you your notification page or change your notification options.

If you have further questions, please open a new topic.

Thanks!

• misstrix and mell l lintern like this

facebook-projectmgr2.png

Need Help? Hit our Tech Support Forums

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: subscriptions, my content, view new content

• 2,323,316 Posts
  • 109,583 Members
  • 18,571 Reviews
  • 54,002 Albums