-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Memebox: Product reviews

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#Post 261 of 272 OFFLINE   biancardi

biancardi

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,958 posts
  • Joined 07-September 13
Reviews

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:25 AM

Shrink Lifting Rpro- Elizavecca Milky Piggy (global 16)- I just tried this. To be honest I am not a hug fan. Since it has caffeine and mandarine extracts it should be a tightening cream also. Therefore I tried this on my legs, and I'm not sure whether its the fact that its chilly in london or whether its the cream, but it is extremely cooling. In a almost painful/unfocomfortable way. So ladies beware, use in very small quantities. 

I must have fat calves because I didn't experience any painful or uncomfortable feeling.   It is really great for me, as I do walk a lot and my legs get so tired sometimes.   I actually slather it on!! 

Edited by biancardi, 19 November 2014 - 05:25 AM.

#Post 262 of 272 OFFLINE   athy

athy

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Joined 08-June 14
Reviews

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:42 AM

I must have fat calves because I didn't experience any painful or uncomfortable feeling.   It is really great for me, as I do walk a lot and my legs get so tired sometimes.   I actually slather it on!! 

After reading your review I got curious so I tried it - it indeed is very cooling like @ievutuce mentioned! I double checked the instructions to see if I was meant to wash it off and apparently I'm not... Does this sensation go away? xD

Also the steps on the website are confusing... Maybe I didn't spend long enough on each step? It was one minute one step or is the clock icon not meant to be indicating anything?

Eek.. xD 

In terms of reviewing this product... I don't feel like this did anything but mainly because I wasn't sure if I was using it correctly in the first place... =x

blog  ♥ youtube ♥  swap  ♥ reviews ♥

pynkbunny. // learn, love, laugh.

#Post 263 of 272 OFFLINE   biancardi

biancardi

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,958 posts
  • Joined 07-September 13
Reviews

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:51 AM

After reading your review I got curious so I tried it - it indeed is very cooling like @ievutuce mentioned! I double checked the instructions to see if I was meant to wash it off and apparently I'm not... Does this sensation go away? xD

Also the steps on the website are confusing... Maybe I didn't spend long enough on each step? It was one minute one step or is the clock icon not meant to be indicating anything?

Eek.. xD 

In terms of reviewing this product... I don't feel like this did anything but mainly because I wasn't sure if I was using it correctly in the first place... =x

hi @athy - I didn't really follow the instructions exactly.  I just massaged this cream into my legs and then my feet (around the arches) I spend a few minutes massaging it into my skin.  The cooling effect does wear off after a while for me, but around 10 - 15 minutes or so.  The relief on my legs lasts longer.

• veritazy and athy like this

#Post 264 of 272 OFFLINE   Krystyn Lowe

Krystyn Lowe

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Joined 21-March 14
Reviews

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:28 PM

The Rappol cream from one of the boxes has been a life saver for my daughter whose eczema flares up in winter. She's used it for a few days all over her body and her skin is calm and not itchy anymore! Not even her RX cortisone has helped this much and it's light and sinks right in vs. the heavy greasy cortisone cream! Great stuff!
  • moosie, TheSilverNail and Kdlane like this

#Post 265 of 272 OFFLINE   TonyaBeans

TonyaBeans

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Joined 19-October 14
Reviews

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:39 AM

So, I just tossed 2 items from my Skinfood box after 2 weeks of use:

Skinfood Egg White Pore Meringue Foam: It dried out my naturally oily skin to the point where putting on anything moisturizing afterwards burned. I thought maybe it was the Tomato Whitening Toner, but after 3 days of switching out the cleanser, the skin on my face has stopped hurting.

Skinfood Choco Eyebrow Powder Cake: I love my eyebrows, I do them everyday regardless of whether I put on any other makeup. This product was absolute junk. The powder is wayyy too powdery and the brush is too thick and firm, which makes for a very messy application. I looked like Bert the first time I used it. Even with my own eyebrow brush, it wasn't much better. The powder didn't provide enough coverage, but still managed to make a mess.

So far I haven't found a K-beauty eyebrow powder that I can use for everyday natural brows. I was hopping to switch out my Benefit Browzings for something more affordable, but alas, it is not to be. Does anyone have any recommendations?

• goldendarter likes this

--- Tonya ---

TheCompetitionBoxsmall_zpsfbac6e6e.png

http://www.pinterest...itionboxc/swap/   @CompBoxCA   http://competitionboxca.blogspot.ca/

I'm a competitive dance parent who is obsessed with subscription boxes.

#Post 266 of 272 OFFLINE   northtosouth

northtosouth

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 17-October 14
Reviews

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:25 PM

I haven't tried that cleanser yet but I really want to like it... Eep! I've heard the ph is really high though. I wonder if rebalancing immediately with acid toner would help?

Putting Memebox products to the test: http://north-to-south.tumblr.com

#Post 267 of 272 OFFLINE   Director

Director

Obsessed

• Administrators
  • 22,580 posts
  • Joined 22-October 03
Reviews

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:36 PM

Pls don't forget to use our REAL Product review center to also write product reviews!  :D

facebook-projectmgr2.png

Need Help? Hit our Tech Support Forums

#Post 268 of 272 OFFLINE   LisaLeah

LisaLeah

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts
  • Joined 10-October 12
Reviews

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:16 PM

@TonyaBeans Actually yes. Missha's style eye brow pencil is AMAZING!

I highly reco it.

• TonyaBeans likes this

#Post 269 of 272 OFFLINE   WillowCat

WillowCat

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 10-December 14
Reviews

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:53 PM

Can anyone who got the Cleanse & Tone give me a review of the Ginkgo wipes? I really want to save them for a festival in the summer, but I've come across some really rubbish wipes in my time so I don't want to be stuck in a field with something that dosent work. Does it get your eye makeup off? Does your face feel clean after?

#Post 270 of 272 OFFLINE   bookwormphotographer

bookwormphotographer

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
Reviews

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:22 PM

I've been using the Na. 8 Outbath Treament for a couple of weeks and it has worked wonders for my hair.  The first time I tried it, I left it in overnight and planned on washing it out the next morning because I was sure it would be too heavy.  It makes my hair so soft and shiny.  As a point of reference, my hair is long, fine and thick and I have low lights put in to cover/camouflage the "sparkles" that keep multiplying.  Have any of you ladies tried it?  Do you prefer any other products we've received from Memebox?  I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the products I have and it's my mission to use the items or gift them to friends and family.

edited for typo  :)     

Edited by bookwormphotographer, 04 January 2015 - 03:02 PM.

#Post 271 of 272 OFFLINE   biancardi

biancardi

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,958 posts
  • Joined 07-September 13
Reviews

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:54 AM

As I mentioned on the main Memebox thread about the skinfood masks (thermal, glacier & deep sea), I have finally reviewed Skinfood's Water Series Masks - Thermal, Glacier and Deep Sea  - pics and comments in the spoiler tag as it is long :)  Once Skinfood is added as a brand in the review section, I will cross post my review there :)  I've requested that Skinfood be added

Spoiler

Edited by biancardi, 04 January 2015 - 12:13 PM.

• goldendarter and flushblush like this

#Post 272 of 272 OFFLINE   Mahsa

Mahsa

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Joined 02-October 14
Reviews

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:52 AM

@WillowCat I would use one at home and see if it works well for you before you take it to the festivals

• 2,324,164 Posts
  • 109,868 Members
  • 18,579 Reviews
  • 54,003 Albums