Good cream for dry skin??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am 42 and have very dry skin. Living in Canada this time of the year isn't helping. I've tried some that not enough and others that are too greasy. I can't seem to find anything in the middle. Any suggestions? TIA

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm in need of a new powerful moisturizer as well.

Since I started using the Retina-A micro gel (has done wonders so far) my skin has become dry and flakey, just like my derm said it would. The Kinerase cream samples she gave me helped a great deal (awesome product btw), but now I'm out and wonder if there's anything I should try until I go back to the derm next week? I have some Clinique Triple Defense moisturizer for very dry skin, maybe I'll give that a try. Sadly, my favorite, Clinique Moisture Surge, was no match for the Retin-A.

I think I may have some Ponds (white & blue jar?) somewhere in my mom's vanity if she didn't take it with her. Any other recommendations just in case?

btw Charmaine, your skin looks amazing. It's great that you found a product that works so well for you.

MD formulations - Moisture Defense Antioxidant Creme

All of my skin care is MD formulations and I love it. mY skin feels better and it does not feel tight.

Here you go... They are actually part of Bare Escentuals.

http://www.mdformulations.com/

I started out with the starter kit (for dry skin) and have been using their products ever since. If you have a BE store near you, check it out.

A few days ago I read this thread on olive oil https://forum.makeuptalk.com/showthread.php?t=16352

Thought I'd try it this week. I rubbed some all over my legs ... super soft! then I went futher, and added some to the bath last night. Didn't put anything on my legs today at all which is rare .. but when I came home from work, still SUPER silky soft and smooth with no evidence of dryness! It is the bizarrest thing, but a total miracle for me. Needless to say I had another olive oil bath this evening !!!

Soaks right into your skin without any greasy film, nothing like using baby oil. I am SO thankful to MUT for this one !!

i love cliniques dramitically different moisterizing lotion. though, i don't recommend it if your not using the rest of their skin care, as you may break out from it. but i love it, and my skins never been better. :]

I'd recommend Pond's Dry Skin Cream--very hydrating & soothing but it has

never once caused me to break out.

I use Weleda Skin Food and Ponds Dry Skin Cream when I can't get the first.

Well lilbitprincess as a fellow Canadian, don't know where you live but try Elizabeth Grant serums. She'll be on at TSC 21&22 Jan. You will be so satisfied with her serums.

The Ponds skin cream made me break out so badly. It must have been the mineral oil. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm still on a search for something for this flaky skin of mine. It looks like I'm peeling after a sunburn. So far only the Kinerase has helped. Cost-wise it is definitely an investment though.

Neutrogena or Aveeno for dry skin. Aveeno is great because it has natural oatmeal in it. Love this!

Welda has this really awsome skin cream that i use when i go on planes. it really helps to prevent dehyradted skin.

Back