• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

meaganola's wishlist for all seasons

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaganola

Uh Huh Her
Reaction score
This will just basically be a permawishlist sort of thing so I'm not redoing one (just editing this one) for every swap!

My living space cohabitators are two kitties, both born in the summer of 2011 but *very* different in maturity!  The big probably around 20 pounds) gray kitty acts like he's about eight years old.  The small (probably under ten pounds) black kitty seems to think he's six months old, and he WILL NOT let anyone other than me be in the same room as him or even get within eight feet of the window of him (except the mailman.  For some reason, he *loves* having a staredown contest with the mailman!)

I'm pretty much obsessed with fandom-based indie stuff, especially if there's a collection!  In general, my biggest beauty obsessions are the aforementioned fandom indies, body lotions/butters, mini fancy hand cream, perfume oil (I can't wear alcohol-based stuff!), shower gel (I can't use bar soap), fine sugar scrubs, indie nail polish, bonkers nail wraps, and lip just-about-anything (I don't think I have been more than four feet from a lip balm since 1986!).  I gravitate to limited edition and seasonal stuff.

Haus of Gloi -- Products:  Anything but bar soap, and any sizes (I love their samples -- the perfume vials and the 2-ounce jars of scrubs/lotions/butters -- because that means I can finish one scent and move on to the next quickly!).  Scents:  Rose City, Komodo, Satyr, Cozy Sweater, Depravity, Dracaena, Haus Amber, Lavender Sugar, any of the seasonal scents.  (I have a lot of problems with certain fragrance notes triggering headaches, so I have to be careful about scent, but when I find stuff that works, man, those companies get *all* of my money and attention!)

Rainbow Honey — Scented topcoats in, well, anything (except Royal Fruits, Vanilla Dreams, and Great Pumpkin), but especially Saissetia or Bubbly!  Polish:  All My Stars, Bitty Love Bot, Candy Mountain, Cosmic Dawn, Cutie Pie, Heisenberg, Lifestream, Metalmark, Phoenix Down, Pillars of Creation, Shark Attack, Snow and Lights, Tesselate.

Fyrinnae -- Anything.  I mean *anything*.  Especially the Arcane Magic shades or the Dualcolors.

Geek Chic Cosmetics -- I'm working on getting clamshell samples from all of the shadow collections!  Right now, I'm missing (in order of appearance on the site, not in any sort of preference/importance):

• Awesome Mix
  • La Fillette Revolutionnaire
  • Storybook Love
  • Fellowship
  • Witchcraft and Wizardry
  • N7
  • Big Damn Heroes
  • anything from the Single Player section except Naked Wedding!
Notoriously Morbid -- I'm working on collecting all of the minis!  So far, I have a Vanishing Cabinet subscription (I missed out on the first one based on The Craft, damn it!) and The Doctor, Blood Countess, Winchester Gospels, and In Camelot collections.  And a bunch of discontinued stuff, but it's discontinued, so I'll just ignore it!

Shiro Cosmetics -- Again, working on collecting minis!  I do already have the World's Mightiest Heroes collection and a few from the Seven Kingdoms, though.  And most of the glosses and tinted lip balms.  I'm most coveting the Tributes collection.

Darling Girl Cosmetics -- I have *nothing* from this brand except one COTM and one semi-loose shadow, and I want it all!  Well, maybe not All the Pretty Horses, Matte I'd Like to Find, and Rainbow Brite.  But the rest?  Want!

Espionage Cosmetics nail wraps -- any of the masks, Burtonesque, Catz, Circuit Board, Clinically Insane, Demi-God Glory, For Science!, League of Justice, Make It So, Metal Man, Nebulae, Smashing, Steampunk, Tentacle.

Other indies!  I am always interested in trying new stuff, and there are a *lot* of indies out there I've never heard of!  My favorite finishes are duochromes/sheens and sparkles (not big on mattes), and I wear pretty much every color except black and silver.  I'm not a fan of black eyeshadow or liner because it's boring.  I have no clue why I don't wear silver, though!  (In related news, I hate baggies, but I love sample jars and minis!)

I love fancy mini hand creams!  Lollia, Tocca, TokyoMilk, you name it.  Not a fan of white notes, though.  They give me a piercing headache.

Fragrance preferences:  Hippie.  I love sandalwood, patchouli, dragon's blood, some amber, red musk.  For shower gels, I tend to go for non-tropical tree fruit stuff, like citrus, peach, apple, cherry, pear.  And pretty much any fruit blossom except cherry!  Cherry blossom turns to hairspray and sneezing on me.

My big fat fandom list:

• Alice in Wonderland.  My earliest memory is of being in the middle of reading it!

• Twin Peaks (I've realized it was my first fannish obsession before I knew what fandom was!)
  • Doctor Who/Torchwood (Miracle Day does not exist)
  • 
Welcome to Nightvale

• Gotham (I LOVE FISH MOONEY)
  • Game of Thrones (show only) (I’m not a big fantasy fan, but I’m a *huge* Peter Dinklage fan ever since the original Death at a Funeral!)
  • 
comic book movies (any of them, but especially Marvel properties and…  Well, really, anything not-DC!)

• Joss Whedon anything (I realized as I was making this list that pretty much all of his work was on here!  I have actually never finished watching _Firefly_, though, mostly because once I watch it, that’s it.  No more universe.  I extend the time before it ends for me by not finishing watching the show yet.)

• Walking Dead

• Teen Wolf (yes, very trashy and utterly age-inappropriate.  Don’t care.  I binge-watch a season at a time once they're all finished airing so I can get it all over with in a condensed timeframe)
  • 
Breaking Bad
  • 
American Horror Story (all seasons thus far!)

• Horror in general

• Sherlock

• X-Men (movies only so far, mainly because I have *no clue* where to start with the books.  General request for anyone who might be willing to provide some assistance:  If you happen to know the book side of things, I would love some help!)

• Hannibal

• Supernatural
  • Sons of Anarchy
  • 
My Hogwarts house would be Ravenclaw!
  • 
Asian action!  I had a hardcore pre-Hollywood John Woo phase about ten years ago.  Imagine my shocked joy to see that Geek Chic had Gun Kata as a COTM in July!  I *had* to get it even though at the time I hadn’t seen Equilibrium (which as a side note has since ROCKED MY SOCKS OFF OMFG.  Ultra-stylized futuristic dystopic science fiction = LOVE) because Gun Kata and Gun Fu are very, *very* closely related in my book.
Once upon a time, I was hardcore into:

• Buffy/Angel
  • Stargate SG-1/Atlantis
  • Lost
  • Heroes
  • Battlestar Galactica (as a kidlet, I was obsessed with the original series.  As an adult, I fell headlong into the reboot)
Fandoms I have a feeling I will be getting sucked into by the end of the year: 

• Merlin
  • Orphan Black
  • Orange Is the New Black

I can always use more:

• Eyeshadow brushes for use with pigments!  I can never have enough.  (e.l.f. makes fantastic super cheap brushes for this!)
Please avoid:

• Glamour Doll Eyes.  I love their stuff -- which means I have just about everything they have produced since January 2013 except the New Year's Eve and Easter GWP sets.  
  • Espionage Cosmetics pigments -- because I have a solid chunk of their line, too.
  • Eyeliner pencils.  Sadly, I have to put this in here.  I love them -- but I love them so much I have literally six dozen of them!
  • Mascara, liquid eyeliner of any color, and red lipstick.  I can't use the first two and have *way* too many of the last!  Oh, and black eyeliner.  They keep invading my life, but I never use them.
  • Neutral matte/cream *anything*
  • Bronzer
  • Classic nail polish shades
Items to avoid due to allergies:

• Bar soap
  • Alcohol-based perfume
  • Fragrance with any notes involving the word "white" in the description or any evergreen tree notes (pine, spruce, fir, etc.)
  • Anything containing avocado flesh (avocado oil is okay, but things like avocado masks and guacamole = hives.  I think I'm allergic to an enzyme in the whole pulp that is not found in the oil)
Wishlists:

Birchbox loves I never quite get around to buying:

• Beauty Protector shampoo, conditioner, and hair oil
  • Marvis toothpaste -- any variety except ginger mint
  • Harney & Sons Paris tea
  • MALIN + GOETZ body wash in cannibis
  • JUARA Tiare Jasmine body wash
  • Soap & Paper Factory hand cream in Midnight
  • CO Bigelow Mentha body buffer, body wash
  • CO Bigelow lemon cream anything
  • AYRES shower cream in any scent
I love samples and deluxe samples!  Especially eye primer, shampoo/conditioner/hair masks (I was my hair every day, so I tend to go for stuff for dry/damaged hair, and I use probably three times as much conditioner as shampoo), face/hair oil, shower gel/cream, and hand cream.

OH PLEASE NO NO NO products:

• Mascara (my eye is too twitchy)
  • Liquid liner (my hands are too shaky)
  • Neutral eye palettes (my color preferences are too punk rock)
  • Black eyeliner (my color preferences are too club kid)
  • Bronzer (I'm too Scots-Irish)
  • Red lip products (I've overloaded on them and don't wear the ones I have any more)
  • Classic nail polish colors (see: neutral eye palettes)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back