• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Lovepink's Midsummer Nights Dream List

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovepink

Jenn
Reaction score
Hi Fairy Godmother!  Just a little update.  I am not updating for things I want (because seriously I am "OOh shiny" on the regular but I wanted to let you know if you see something you think a small child would like I would like it.  Sparkly, pink, pretty etc.  I will give an example.  While at Target waiting to pick up an order, I wandered through the dollar section.  I squeed over mini gel pens.  And ribbon.  And mini gel My Little Pony pens.  And all the Hello Kitty stuff.

I hope that you are having a great weekend and that shopping is fun and non stressful!

I can't wait for the reveals!

Love

Jenn 5/30/14

Dear Fairy Godparent,

I promise I will fill out the survey soon.  I am having a really hard time adjusting to the new MUT.  It causes me lots of stress and anxiety which is why I have not been around as much.  I will find the survey somewhere and post my answers real soon.

In the mean time I can give you some general information about me.

1) I love the color pink.  Pink anything and everything.  The color of pink I like best is hot or magenta. 

2) I have 2 dogs a chiweenie (dachshund/chihuahua) Mo and a chorkie (yorkshire terrier/chihuahua) Pandora.  

3) I love Hello Kitty.

4) I am a midwestern girl (born and raised) living in CA.

5) I have been using all the time I do not spend on MUT anymore to go to the gym and work out.  I am also catching up on my magazine collection!

6) I love to read.  Mysteries and thrillers are my favorites but I totally read all the teeny bopper literature (Twilight, Divergent, City of Bones)

7) Eyeshadow, eyeliners and lip products are my beauty weaknesses.

8) I am an only child.

Ok I hope that gives you enough of an idea about "me."  Like I said I will work hard on my survey and get it posted but it will take me some time.  Please know that whatever I post on the survey is guidelines or to provide examples of things I like.  I would never expect you to get me the specific things I list.  Send me what you love!  Send me the product you could be a spokesperson for because you buy it for everyone or recommend it to people.  I am very easy going and will love whatever you send!

Have a great evening!

Love

Jenn

Ok I am off to start it!  Wish me luck!   Sorry :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• ALLERGIES!! I am not allergic to anything nor is anyone in my household. 
  • Dietary restrictions: No dietary restrictions.  If you want to send me food go ahead, home made store bought.  Mmm food.
  • Skin allergies/sensitivities: I do not know for sure that I am allergic or sensitive but I have bought cheap earrings from Charming Charlie and they made my ears itch.  Then again I have a Fitbit flex that has been recalled for giving people skin rashes and I still wear that so who knows!
Would you like to get a heads-up from a Fairy that your package is on its way, or would you prefer its delivery to be a complete surprise? Suprise!  I promise I will post the minute I recieve it in the reveal thread.  If you have the tracking and it shows delivered and I have not posted, contact a fairy to reach out to me!

Not mandatory but cannot be recommended highly enough:  Do you have an on-forum swap/Midsummer Dream list?  If it's anywhere other than this post, URL here, please! Not yet.  Maybe I can work on that next?

Basic background information:

Style descriptions! Brief is better.

• Makeup-classic with a twist
  • Hair-looong.  Simple.  Bangs.  Thick
  • Nails-I keep them shortish.  I get regular manis.  I like all colors on my nails.  And sparkles.  Or glitter.  Wraps. 
  • Skincare (face/neck)-I use face wash, moisturizer.  I don't have a set routine because I am using samples.  My skin is not sensitve and I can use different products in AM than I do in the PM and not have issues.
  • Bodycare (every where else)-I like smelly good stuff.  In liquid forms not bars.
  • Home-I like bright colors.  We have accent walls in each room in a primary color.  The furniture is dark wood, couch grey.  Bedroom wall is cookie monster blue, living room red, spare room sunset orange.
More advanced questions:

• Solve for X: Glitter!  Usually in the form of eyeshadow.
  • Cruelty-free or vegan. Nice.  I care about animals but would not be mad or not use it if it was not CF or V.
  • You just won a $50 gift card to your favorite beauty store. Which store is it, and what will you buy? Sephora.  UD Electric and KVD Chrysalis eyeshadow palette.  Or Buxom lippie in my name.  Or some kind of multi product kit a la Sephora Favorites
  • Please list any subscription boxes you receive, along with anything you may covet from recent boxes. Birchbox x2 Ipsy, I do not know as I have not been following the threads this month due to the new site.
  • Assuming they are separately packaged and clearly labeled, what are your feelings on prepared-by-sender beauty items? Unsealed samples? Items from the bulk foods section?  Fine with me.  I am not a germaphobe. 
  • Assuming the same dollar amount is spent, would you prefer several mini items, or one or two full-sized items? I would prefer more small items but it is up to the fairy god parent!  Either would be fine!

Brand-and-color-specific time!

• What is your all-time favorite beauty item and why? UD Naked 3.  It is eyeshadow and in my favorite colors!
  • What specific product(s) are you lusting after? Feel free to link to a wishlist with particulars!  Nicole by OPI Roughles in Pink and Purple, LA Girl Glazed lip paints, Maybelline Color Tattoos summer LE collection 2014, KVD Chrysalis palette, UD Electric.
  • What make-up items do you use every day? Eye primer, moisturizer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lip product
  • What are your holy grail items? Holy crap?  Will do some research on this as nothing comes to mind but I know I have some!
  • What one item/product are you interested in, but just have't gotten around to trying? Hmm, will come back to this.

General product section, aka not brand/color specific

• What one product can you just not get enough of? Eyeshadow, eye liner, lip products.
  • What one product do you actually use more than any other? What runs out quickest in your make-up drawer? Stila Lip glazes
  • What product(s) can you absolutely not use at all for reasons other than allergies/sensitivities listed in the background section (e.g., I can't use foot scrubbers because my feet are too ticklish)? Blush, bronzer, highlighters- I do not know how to use them and I am naturally pink cheeked/flushed so I do not use blush.  Foundation.  It makes my face feel like it is suffocating.
  • What items (makeup/skincare/tool) do you feel are missing from your routine? None I can think of, so send me what you think I am missing!
  • What tools/products are you looking to add, even if they are not missing?  I irrationally want a beauty blender, even though all the things I see it being used for are not make up products I own or wear.  But is pink!
  • What beauty-related product(s) do you just not want to receive? Blush, bronzer, highlighter, foundation.  Skin care.

Brands:

• What brand do you have more products from than any other? Any particular reason? UD, Stila.  I am a collector? hoarder?
  • What brand(s) have you been wanting to try but haven't gotten around to? Indies!  I finally got some GDE but would love to try more!
  • What brand(s) do you not want? Not that I can think of

Colors (not specific shades):

• Answer quick like a bunny! Favorite color? PINK!
  • Favorite color combination? pink/grey, brown/red, pink with anything, black and white, navy and gold
  • Color scheme of your home/room, either in reality or your imagination I like bright colors.  We have accent walls in each room in a primary color.  The furniture is dark wood, couch grey.  Bedroom wall is cookie monster blue, living room red, spare room sunset orange.
  • What one color (not brand/product specific) do you use more than any other? Why? Purple.  Easy to do neutral or bold.  Goes with lots of things.
  • Color(s) to avoid? I am not a fan of yellow (wearing it, it makes me look sallow)

Scents

• What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent of all time? What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent to wear in the summer?
  • What is the fragrance of your favorite home fragrance (e.g., candle, diffuser)?
  • Describe your favorite scents/notes, without naming a specific perfume or fragrance. Fruity, floral, clean, fresh.
  • Without naming a specific perfume or fragrance, what are your favorite perfume companies? Favorite home fragrance companies? I like BBW candles, no specific perfume companies.
  • What form of perfume do you prefer (oil, alcohol-based, spray, open bottle, rollerball)? What form of home fragrance do you prefer (candle, diffuser, air freshener, plug-in)?  Any form of perfume or home fragrance is fine.  No preference.
  • Other than perfume/fragrance oils, what is your favorite type of toiletry/scented item? Lotion
  • Scent(s)/notes(s) to avoid? Musk.  Patchouli.  Heavy scents.

And finally (at least for the beauty section), Yes/No?

• Foils Yes!
  • Deluxe Samples Yes!
  • Hair Oil No! I have enough thanks!
  • Face Oil No! I am not on board with this trend yet.
  • Perfume Yes!
  • Sunblock/Sunscreen No!
  • Self-tanner/tanning wipes Please no!

And extra non-makeup-related questions!

• What designs/designers do you prefer (please limit to top 3) I do really buy designer things or get too hung up on "designer" stuff.
  • List any public wishlists (Amazon, etsy, Sephora), swap lists and/or Tumbler/Pinterest entries your fairy godparent should consult. I do not have any
  • Is your box all about you? Or would you like to see things in your box for your significant other/spouse, kid(s), pet(s), whatever? If the latter, please list age/gender/species. If you want to include things for my dogs, great! If not that is ok too, don't feel obligated. I have a husband but I can't even buy things he likes with out asking him specifically!
  • If your fairy godparent curates an awesome set of items for you, would you rather they be wrapped individually, or be a huge smorgasbord that you can look at all at once? Would you prefer to open each gift slowly and methodically or will it be ribbons and bows and paper flying as you tear into it?  Wrapped individually.  I unwrap slowly, careful not to rip or tear paper or ribbons.  If you are not a gifted wrapper (I know I am not) do what is easier for you.
  • It's a hot, sunny 90-degree summer day and you have no obligation to be anywhere in particular. Where are you and what are you doing? The beach!  Sunning and reading a book or people watching.  Oh and there is ice cream involved at some point in this day.  And adult beverages.  Just saying.

And advanced fun stuff:

• What do you do in your spare time? Are there any hobby-related items you would like?  Read.  Work out.  
  • Fandoms, favorite TV shows, movies, books, music, Hogwarts house, etc. I do not have cable, so I do not have specific tv shows I like:  we are currently watching: Charmed, Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, Justified, Greek on netflix.  I like all music except county.  And only classical when I need to focus or sleep.  I like mystery or thrillers in books.  I subsribed to a lot of magazines!
  • What non-beauty item(s) would send you over the moon? Home made stuff.  Anything you think I will like.  Haha no I lie, bags.  I like bags.  
  • Pirates or ninjas? Pirates!
  • Zombies: Yay or nay? Um nay?  I do not watch zombie shows but my husband watches Walking Dead and we joke about the zombie apocalypse.
  • Disney! Favorite movie, hero, villain?  I love Lilo and Stich.  Finding Nemo.  Disney movies make me cry so do not watch many of them
  • Describe three things decorating your living space. Abstract, dogs, stuff
Yes/no, the extras division:

• Virtual gifts (ecerts/gift certs/eBooks) Yes
  • Hand-made items (from your godparent or purchased) Yes
  • Candles Yes
  • Tarts No
  • Reed Diffusers No
  • Incense NO
  • Other home fragrance (say, room spray or scented rocks) yes.  What are scented rocks? I understand what scent is and a rock but are they decorative rocks?  Why?
  • Local Items YES!
  • Mix CD Sure why not.
  • Home Items (and what types) I like blankets but I assume these are out of the price range and hard to find in summer.  I have a home with not a lot of space and I am not a putter outter of knick knacks and things.
  • Food Items (and what types) Sweet or salty.  
  • Beverages (and what types) None
  • Puzzle Books -- words, numbers, pictures No.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back