• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

KellyKaye's Midsummer Dreamlist

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey you, yeah you! Thanks for checking out my dreamlist.

Absolute must-answers

• ALLERGIES!! tea tree oil
  • Dietary restrictions: gluten free and dairy free but I love food.
  • Skin allergies/sensitivities:  again, tea tree oil and I cannot wear earrings because my lobes get infected by them, it's very sad.
Would you like to get a heads-up from a Fairy that your package is on its way, or would you prefer its delivery to be a complete surprise? my package can be a surprise or you can let me know! It is truly up to you...

Basic background information:

Style descriptions! I like black, I wear t-shirts, jeans and chuck t's on a daily basis, leather all over in the winter.

• Makeup thick, winged eyeliner daily, brows done, chapstick or dior lipglow and lots of blush.
  • Hair medium length, thick, blonde hair with highlights. I love hair stuff for blonde hair.
  • Nails short, usually un-polished, if there is polish on them it's usually black, oxblood, dark green, dark grey. I love how dark colors look against my super pale skin
  • Skincare (face/neck) Josie Maran cleansing oil and black soap to cleanse, Josie Maran argain oil to moisturize, origins eye cream, Josie Maran sunscreen
  • Bodycare (every where else) I love Lush body lotion and shower gel as well as Pacifica lotion and body wash. I'm way too into scrubs
  • Home Bedrooms have a vintage meets modern theme in greens and browns (very earthy) lots of tree and nature art
More advanced questions:

• Solve for X: I am wearing too much winged eyeliner, and I DO NOT CARE!
  • Cruelty-free or vegan. Important, must-have, nice, don't care? do what you want, what you want with my body! (aka, don't care)
  • You just won a $50 gift card to your favorite beauty store. Which store is it, and what will you buy? I would love to win a gift card to sephora or anywhere that sells Hourglass products. I would love to get the ambient lighting powder in ethereal and the ambient blush in diffused heat.
  • Please list any subscription boxes you receive, along with anything you may covet from recent boxes. I sub to birchbox, nothing I really covet.
  • Assuming they are separately packaged and clearly labeled, what are your feelings on prepared-by-sender beauty items? Unsealed samples? Items from the bulk foods section? Sounds awesome, I will take them all!
  • Assuming the same dollar amount is spent, would you prefer several mini items, or one or two full-sized items? I don't know how to answer this, I am just grateful to receive anything. It really doesn't matter to me.

Brand-and-color-specific time!

• What is your all-time favorite beauty item and why? Woah, yikes, I am questioning my existence right now. What a terribly hard question,
  • What specific product(s) are you lusting after? Feel free to link to a wishlist with particulars! I am really interested in trying Hourglass Blush and Powders but they are too expensive.
  • What make-up items do you use every day? I use too much eyeliner and too little lip stick and gloss, I adore lip balm. My everyday face is foundation, blush, mascara, eyeliner and lipbalm.
  • What are your holy grail items? Holy crap? Holy Grail, Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion and Invasion. Holy crap would have to be Stila lipgloss and primers, they all make me break out.
  • What one item/product are you interested in, but just have't gotten around to trying? This is a hard question because I have so many samples, I guess I would really like to try indie brands, that would be fun.

General product section, aka not brand/color specific

• What one product can you just not get enough of? EYELINER
  • What one product do you actually use more than any other? What runs out quickest in your make-up drawer? The item that runs out the quickest would be under eye cream and concealer.
  • What product(s) can you absolutely not use at all for reasons other than allergies/sensitivities listed in the background section (e.g., I can't use foot scrubbers because my feet are too ticklish)? I can’t use primer because it makes me break out, and beauty or skincare items that contain tea tree oil.
  • What items (makeup/skincare/tool) do you feel are missing from your routine? I would really like a great sunscreen, body oil, and I don’t own tweezers which is kind of ridiculous.
  • What tools/products are you looking to add, even if they are not missing? Tinted moisturizer or BB/CC creams.
  • What beauty-related product(s) do you just not want to receive? Give me everything, even though I have about 15 mascaras open right now, I would take more. I AM NOT A HOARDER…. HODOR!

Brands:

• What brand do you have more products from than any other? Any particular reason? I own lots of Benefit items, I just really like their blush.
  • What brand(s) have you been wanting to try but haven't gotten around to? I have really wanted to try rainbow honey because I think all of their glittery polish is awesome!
  • What brand(s) do you not want? There is nothing that I don’t want… give me all the makeup and skincare you have and no one gets hurt.

Colors (not specific shades):

• Answer quick like a bunny! Favorite color? BLACK
  • Favorite color combination? Black and silver
  • Color scheme of your home/room, either in reality or your imagination Mostly black and grey.
  • What one color (not brand/product specific) do you use more than any other? Why? This is probably pretty obvious, BLACK, I love black eyeliner, black mascara, black tools. I also use a lot of coral on my cheeks.
  • Color(s) to avoid? No red, please! I am very fair and red just never, ever works on me.

Scents

• What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent of all time? What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent to wear in the summer? My favorite perfume of all time is Balenciaga Rosabotanica in the winter, my favorite perfume in summer is L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani. My favorite scent in summer is coconut though.
  • What is the fragrance of your favorite home fragrance (e.g., candle, diffuser)? My current favorite home fragrance is Pink Petal Tea Cake from Bath and Body Works. It’s a combination of vanilla and rose.
  • Describe your favorite scents/notes, without naming a specific perfume or fragrance. Violet, rose, vanilla, lychee, jasmine, lemon.
  • Without naming a specific perfume or fragrance, what are your favorite perfume companies? Favorite home fragrance companies? Balenciaga for perfume. Bath and body works for home fragrance.
  • What form of perfume do you prefer (oil, alcohol-based, spray, open bottle, rollerball)? What form of home fragrance do you prefer (candle, diffuser, air freshener, plug-in)? Spray for perfume, candle for home.
  • Other than perfume/fragrance oils, what is your favorite type of toiletry/scented item? I love scented hand lotion and hand sanitizer.
  • Scent(s)/notes(s) to avoid? Pa-freakin-tchouli

And finally (at least for the beauty section), Yes/No?

• Foils YES
  • Deluxe Samples YES
  • Hair Oil no.
  • Face Oil yes
  • Perfume definitely
  • Sunblock/Sunscreen hells yeah, I embrace the paste.
  • Self-tanner/tanning wipes sure, especially since not everyone wears sunglasses and my pale will blind.

And extra non-makeup-related questions!

• What designs/designers do you prefer (please limit to top 3) I like stuff from Urban Outfitters and Buckle.
  • List any public wishlists (Amazon, etsy, Sephora), swap lists and/or Tumbler/Pinterest entries your fairy godparent should consult. Sorry boo, ain’t got none.
  • Is your box all about you? Or would you like to see things in your box for your significant other/spouse, kid(s), pet(s), whatever? If the latter, please list age/gender/species. I don’t necessarily need anything for my husband or cat but my daughter has epic curly hair that just won’t quit and truly can’t be tamed, if you happen to have curly hair, I would love to know your favorite products.
  • If your fairy godparent curates an awesome set of items for you, would you rather they be wrapped individually, or be a huge smorgasbord that you can look at all at once? Would you prefer to open each gift slowly and methodically or will it be ribbons and bows and paper flying as you tear into it? Do whatever you please, if it is wrapped meticulously I will be calm and do my best to not rip everything to shreds. But I have a tendency to rip things apart.
  • It's a hot, sunny 90-degree summer day and you have no obligation to be anywhere in particular. Where are you and what are you doing? I am at Lake George, swimming and enjoying some beach time.

And advanced fun stuff:

• What do you do in your spare time? Are there any hobby-related items you would like? I am a college student and mom, I am also a navy wife, so my life revolves around those things.
  • Fandoms, favorite TV shows, movies, books, music, Hogwarts house, etc. Where to begin, The Walking Dead, Marvel, I adore Iron Man and Thor, LOKI is gorgeous and Tom Hiddleston makes me blush, I have such a crush on him. I love True Blood, Orange is the New Black, I am in the Gryffindor house at Hogwarts, I fight for the One True King of Westeros, I would have volunteered for Katniss, Team Peeta. Tank Girl.
  • What non-beauty item(s) would send you over the moon? CANDY.
  • Pirates or ninjas? What kind of question arrrrrr ye trying to ask? Pirates always!
  • Zombies: Yay or nay? YAY! I love zombies!
  • Disney! Favorite movie, hero, villain? All Disney, all the dang time! Favorite movie, Beauty and the Beast, the Beast is my favorite person ever!
  • Describe three things decorating your living space. Giant picture of trees, taken as if you were laying on the ground looking up at them, pictures of my daughter everywhere, mermaids and sailors.
Yes/no, the extras division:

• Virtual gifts (ecerts/gift certs/eBooks) Sounds good.
  • Hand-made items (from your godparent or purchased) YES!
  • Candles You know it.
  • Tarts No thanks.
  • Reed Diffusers No, my cat would give them a run for their money.
  • Incense No.
  • Other home fragrance (say, room spray or scented rocks) I love room spray.
  • Local Items I live for this, please and thank you!
  • Mix CD I might kiss your feet if you made me one.
  • Home Items (and what types) Little knick knacks are awesome.
  • Food Items (and what types) Candy…
  • Beverages (and what types) I typically only drink water or tea, so tea bags would be welcome.
  • Puzzle Books -- words, numbers, pictures No thanks.

Back