• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

OpheliaDiFranco's MidSummer's Night Wish List!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dear Fairy Godmother:
First let me say that I just spend 4 hours making my wishlist perfect and my computer randomly shut down before I saved it and I lost EVERYTHING. So excuse me if this seems rushed through. I don't know how much more company time I can swindle today :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Anywho, I want to say that I am not greedy or picky. I am sure I will love anything that you put thought and effort into. I just love presents:) Even if you don't even look at my wish list, Im sure I would love anything you put together! I love discovering new things and am always looking to try other gals holy grail products, so feel free to throw anything in that you love even if it's not on my list! I love small brands, and companies that may be popular in your area that I may have never heard of. I like Indi brands like Villainess, BPAL, Ineke, and Nest. My favorite products are glosses and eye liners...I think the survey below does a pretty thorough job of explaining what I like, so I won't ramble. Im super excited to get my gift and thank you in advance--I'm sure it is going to be wonderful!!!!!!!

~tianna
:p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Absolute must-answers:

· ALLERGIES: NONE!

· Dietary restrictions: None

· Skin allergies/sensitivities: My face is sensitive to strong oils and fragrances (as in cleaners, lotions, mask scrubs, etc) That being said, I love face products that smell delicious!

Would you like to get a heads-up from a Fairy that your package is on its way, or would you prefer its delivery to be a complete surprise? Yes, I absolutely want to know!

Basic background information:

· Makeup—I am pale with pink undertones. I am a natural red head but dye my hair black. I love eyeliners! I tend to prefer the liquid pen-types....I love all kinds of makeup but prefer lip glosses to lipstick.

· Hair—Guess I jumped the gun on this one:) I have natural strawberry blond hair which I dye black. Its fairly normal I guess. I only wash it once a week so I love dry shampoos and oils. Overall, I don't really get too excited about hair products though.

· Nails—I have acrylic nails so I NEVER paint my own nails. So again, I don't get too excited by polishes. I like "different" polishes: texture, holographic, matte. I lean towards pinks/browns/neutral/black and don't use funky colors.

· Skincare (face/neck)—Combination skin that is slightly sensitive. I love face products! Cleansers, masks, scrubs, moisturizers...LOVE EM ALL!

· Bodycare (everywhere else)—I love Lush and Fortune Cookie Soap (Thanks to Secret Santa which turned me on to these great companies) I have an obsession with Sugar scrubs---But I don't like the oily ones, I like the clean rinsing ones like treehut and Villainess (amazing!!)

· Home—I love Asian inspired decor...bamboo, symbols....My 2nd living room is all black and white and old celebrity pictures....I love candles and smell good stuff!

More advanced questions:

· Solve for X: I am wearing too much X, and I DO NOT CARE! X= eyebrow powder/eyebrow products

· Cruelty-free or vegan. Important, must-have, nice, don't care? I prefer cruelty –free, but is not an absolute must. Vegan doesn't matter

· You just won a $50 gift card to your favorite beauty store. Which store is it, and what will you buy? This is so hard!!! Probably Sephora, but I also enjoy smaller companies...I am a huge Villainess fan---I would buy $50 worth of Smack!...I am currently in a love affair with Lush---Thats hard, I would want EVERYTHING!....I have been wanting to buy the scent sampler from Ineke....At Sephora, ugh...IDK...A clear lip liner, BLACK eyebrow products, Buxom lip polishes, a moisturizer, something by Benefit....

· Please list any subscription boxes you receive, along with anything you may covet from recent boxes. Currently I sub to Birchbox, Ipsy, Julep, FCS Soapbox....I have a sub to Beauty Army but I usually skip. I just cancelled my Glossybox sub last month and Popsugar, Ecoemi, and Graze a while ago. As far as coveted products, thats a hard one...I have only found a few favorites: Suki scrub, Shea Terra shea butter, Supergoop CC Cream, The Balm Mary Loumenizer...

· Assuming they are separately packaged and clearly labeled, what are your feelings on prepared-by-sender beauty items? I love making homemade items even though I am not too creative. I admire others who are and welcome their creations!

· Assuming the same dollar amount is spent, would you prefer several mini items, or one or two full-sized items? Smaller items. More room for variety!

Brand-and-color-specific time!

· What is your all-time favorite beauty item and why? Buxom Full on lip gloss! I love the tingle

· What specific product(s) are you lusting after? I have a problem that when I want a new beauty item I obsess over it until i HAVE to buy it!!! Currently the only thing I really want is the Urban Decay Electric pallet, but that is over budget.

· What make-up items do you use every day? lip gloss, blotting papers, eye brow powder

· What are your holy grail items? The Balm, Mary Loumenizer, Buxom Full on lip gloss/creme, suki scrub, Kat Von D Tattoo liner, Tarte foundation

· What one item/product are you interested in, but just have not gotten around to trying? Hmmmm.....

lip liner maybe--_ESPECIALLY CLEAR!

Eyebrow Stuff---I am trying to find a good BLACK eyebrow pencil and powder...
Eyebrow stencils
Nail stamping kit

General product section, aka not brand/color specific

· What one product can you just not get enough of? Buxom lip gloss (noticing a trend lol)
Eyeliners and eyebrow products
· What one product do you actually use more than any other? moisturizer, lip gloss

· What product(s) can you absolutely not use at all for reasons other than allergies/sensitivities listed in the background section (e.g., I can't use foot scrubbers because my feet are too ticklish)? I don't use lipstick. I have tried but I can't find one that I can tolerate how it feels---nail polish--- I have a million but I have acryllic nails so I never paint my own nails and even if I have them use my polish, I only get them done every week or two so I can never get through what I have already!!!!

· What items (makeup/skincare/tool) do you feel are missing from your routine? I am pretty thorough...This is tough...I just started using an eyelash curler...I am wanting to try a heated one....Eyebrow stencils....Lip liner....

· What tools/products are you looking to add, even if they are not missing? I always welcome liner, glosses, and beauty blenders and brow products! I have us brow box and Anastasia brow genius. I am trying to find a HG pencil preferably retractable. And in BLACK.  All my products are brown and I forgot my brow stuff and had to use a black eyeliner and it looked amazing!!

· What beauty-related product(s) do you just not want to receive? lipstick, nailpolish, hair care, oils

Brands:

· What brand do you have more products from than any other? Any particular reason? Urban Decay and Benefit---They are my favs...witty and bold...not to mention that UD has AMAZING sales and I can stock up!!!

· What brand(s) have you been wanting to try but haven't gotten around to? Marc Jacobs, MUF, Glamour Doll Eyes

· What brand(s) do you not want? Any drugstore brand, bare minerals

Colors (not specific shades): (I am choosing to answer these all as regards to my home, etc. not makeup)

· Answer quick like a bunny! Favorite color? pink

· Favorite color combination? pink.brown or any neutral color scheme

· Color scheme of your home/room, either in reality or your imagination red/black/white and neutral

· What one color (not brand/product specific) do you use more than any other? Why? Pink (champagne like --like kitten) and neutrals

· Color(s) to avoid? Blue/Orange....any bold or obnoxious colors

Scents

· What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent of all time? Coco Chanel Mademoiselle What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent to wear in the summer? Flowerbomb

· What is the fragrance of your favorite home fragrance (e.g., candle, diffuser)? Patchoulli, Bamboo, Asian flowers....
· Describe your favorite scents/notes, without naming a specific perfume or fragrance. Patchouli, sandlewood, florals

· Without naming a specific perfume or fragrance, what are your favorite perfume companies? Nest, Ineke, BPAL, Villainess....Popular brands: Gucci is my favorite
Favorite home fragrance companies? I am not too picky about this. I like NEST and BBW

· What form of perfume do you prefer (oil, alcohol-based, spray, open bottle, rollerball)? Spray- Eau De Parfume
What form of home fragrance do you prefer (candle, diffuser, air freshener, plug-in)? Candles and Plug ins
· Other than perfume/fragrance oils, what is your favorite type of toiletry/scented item? Body scrubs/bath oils/ SHower gel, lotion..Solid perfumes

· Scent(s)/notes(s) to avoid? I don't like food scents (caramel, chocolate, vanilla, etc) or fruity scents

And finally (at least for the beauty section), Yes/No?

· Foils: I have a ton, but if it is something I like or want to try, sure

· Deluxe Samples: Love them!

· Hair Oil: I tried to love it, but no

· Face Oil: My skin is oily. Especially now that it is summer, these are a no go

· Perfume: This is my downfall. I love perfume!

· Sunblock/Sunscreen: If you can find one that is gel like, non greasy, doesnt have the "sunblock" smell and doesn't burn my eyes, SURE! I have not been able to accomplish this...The closest I have come is Coola Cucumber matte face sunscreen, but I still don't like the texture

· Self-tanner/tanning wipes: I am a ginger, these sadly just make me orange

And extra non-makeup-related questions!

· Is your box all about you? Or would you like to see things in your box for your significant other/spouse, kid(s), pet(s), whatever? Well, I have a daughter who will just steal everything anyway...I have three fur babies: A pug named Cullen, A lazy mainecoon named Lorenzo, and an adorable mischeivous Russian Blue named Louie. I am sure they would love if the whole box is for them. Actually Louie will be happy with the empty box and wrapping products lol

· If your fairy godparent curates an awesome set of items for you, would you rather they be wrapped individually, or be a huge smorgasbord that you can look at all at once? Would you prefer to open each gift slowly and methodically or will it be ribbons and bows and paper flying as you tear into it? I would like to say that I would take my time and savor the moment, but I am incapable of not ripping into it lol

· It's a hot, sunny 90-degree summer day and you have no obligation to be anywhere in particular. Where are you, and what are you doing? Ideally, on a beach in Mexico. Realistically, on my couch in the air conditioning lol

And advanced fun stuff:

· What do you do in your spare time? Are there any hobby-related items you would like? Hiking, festivals, music, hanging out with my friends
· Fandoms, favorite TV shows, movies, books, music, Hogwarts house, etc. Modern Family, American Horror Story...Ani DiFranco, 3Days Grace, and Breaking Ben (Yeah I know thats a contrast!!)
· What non-beauty item(s) would send you over the moon? I collect Buddhas and Elephants. I am obsessed with skulls!!!!!
· Pirates or ninjas? Pirates ARRRRRR
· Zombies: Yay or nay? Yay!
· Describe three things decorating your living space. Wall art, Asian inspired art, black and white photos, plants

Yes/no, the extras division:

· Virtual gifts (ecerts/gift certs/eBooks): No thanks. The best part of the present is getting to know the gifter through what they pick out for you
· Hand-made items (from your godparent or purchased): Yes!!!

· Candles: Yeah I love candles
· Tarts: Not bad

· Reed Diffusers: No thanks, my fur babies knock them over

· Incense: Only Nag Champa (in the blue box)

· Other home fragrance (say, room spray or scented rocks): Scented Rocks sound interesting, otherwise no thank you:)

· Local Items:

· Mix CD: No thanks..>I only listen to MP3s...I ruin CDS...OOH maybe a mix on a flash drive would be fun!
· Home Items (and what types):

· Food Items (and what types): I love candy!!

· Beverages (and what types): I only drink water:-(

· Puzzle Books -- No time or interest

Last edited by a moderator:
Back