Ipsy DELETES forum comments

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ipsy forum mods are busy deleting negative comments. If you scroll down the page where people write reviews and comments for the May Box you will see several usernames with delete written in the area where a comment is supposed to be.

This is especially true for the month of May,. there are ALOT of  comments with just "delete" written instead of an actual comment.

This isn't about  their samples being good or bad, but just about how they don't care and want to hide any negative remarks.

I will give them another chance but then move over to another subscription box if this continues. This isn't because I'm unhappy with their samples, but  instead of improving theircompany they're acting as if they want to make a quick buck of people and sweep it under the rug

Last edited by a moderator:
That's really annoying to hear. I cancelled because I want to get more use out of the plethora of products I already have, but that might get others to cancel. Ipsy's lack of transparency has really been disappointing as a consumer. 

They did this last month as well citing that their rules are being broken. They removed one of mine last month and reminded me of their rules which I in turn did tell him that my asking about the glam rooms and asking for a follow up on the POPBeauty issue was within the guidelines since I didn't say Ipsy sucked or anything like that.

Unfortunately some companies can't take any negative criticism. No company is sunshine and lollipops and if someone is unhappy so long as the customer is not cursing them out then let the customer vent. If numerous people have the same issue then obviously SOMETHING is wrong.
Yup. People act like their ish don't stink. I see ipsters are shaming the people that dislike their bags too. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And it's posts like that Ipsy should put a stop to. If someone doesn't like the bag or an item then let them vent. It doesn't mean they should be told to drop their subscription. Something are good, some aren't so let people vent.

Thats odd. I think months ago i had to stop a person who was pretending to be someone else but was actually herself. She was using multiple accounts to bully this one girl. I honestly dont know how Ipsy can let people like that or just plain bullies on but ban people that actually honestly reveiw their bags :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i love Ipsy but sometimes...

I don't like that. Even though some people really have issues with other subs like PopSugar or Julep, they never delete the negative comments. That annoys me -- and I'm not even an Ipsy subscriber...

Unfortunately some companies can't take any negative criticism. No company is sunshine and lollipops and if someone is unhappy so long as the customer is not cursing them out then let the customer vent. If numerous people have the same issue then obviously SOMETHING is wrong.
I don't know if Ipsy realizes that some customers, such as myself, prefer to know the good, the bad, and the ugly about a company.  For me, if all I see on company sanctioned sites are praise and positive reviews, I'm skeptical about what they are hiding.  Not because I think the company is bad, but because no company is perfect and human nature means that people are much more likely to complain than to praise.

I tend to respect a company that lets negative reviews stand, then I feel they might be more trustworthy, since they aren't cherry-picking what customer opinions they are willing to have out there.  Not to mention, suppressing anything negative is only going to cause those people to take their criticism to forums and blogs and things will grow from "I express my opinion" to "I expressed my opinion and was silenced".  I will judge a company much more harshly if I find out they are being selective about customer feedback than if than if they just let all feedback stand.

I lost a lot of respect for Ipsy because it censored a bunch of comments around the time April Glam Rooms came available.  Then there have been times when some really rank comments that should be deleted swiftly somehow go un-noticed. smh

Oh well, that's the way Michelle works. Deletes everything she dislikes :/ You should look up Michelle Phail. More of these weird stories!

Michelle co-founded Ipsy however she does not run the Ipsy Facebook wall nor does she have a hand in the day-to-day operations. Essentially, it's not Michelle deleting the posts on the Ipsy Facebook wall or site.

Meh...I cancelled a long time ago because I felt they were sending me their "left overs" I think I would've been banned from saying so

Even though BeautyBox5 got a lot of backlash in May, they didn't delete anything. I don't like when a company deletes comments, unless it's obvious spam. Ipsy loses tons of points in my book. I'll probably unsubscribe. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Ipsy stooped to a new low today.  Their billing system messed up.  My credit card expired at the end of April  2014 and I decided to enter a different credit card which was billed for the May 2014 bag.  It appears I was unsubscribed without my knowledge and my old expired credit card number appears in their billing system.  WTH.  On the forum, I asked if anyone else had a similar experience to see whether or not my problem is unique and if anyone else had the same problem - how it was handled?  Ipsy deleted my comment.  My thoughts are why is it that Ipsy has the man hours/resources to censor their forum when they could just respond to my email?  There is an awesome chance I will be cancelling my sub in the very near future.

Latest posts

Back