question about gift sub

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my mom wanted to get one for my aunt

she doesnt use a computer at all so i set up an email and bb acount for it and ill be reviewing the products for her

it shipped today and theres nothing listed under womens box it still says subscribe next to it

how do i see what she got and review them am i dumb and missing something?

I don't believe you can do reviews for gift boxes, only boxes that are for the account holder.

You can review gift boxes. Just wait 5 days after the 1st box ships, then e-mail Birchbox CS, and they will update it, if the box contents are not loaded on the box page by then. I gifted myself a sub and the CS rep I talked to said they don't update the 1st box right away because it's supposed to be a surprise. I'm on my 3rd, and last, month on my gift sub and I've been able to review all the products in every box. Also, any box that ships after the 10th is subject to delays in box contents posting. It should ship by the 10th next month and update on the 10th, and be immediately reviewable.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can review gift boxes. Just wait 5 days after the 1st box ships, then e-mail Birchbox CS, and they will update it, if the box contents are not loaded on the box page by then. I gifted myself a sub and the CS rep I talked to said they don't update the 1st box right away because it's supposed to be a surprise. I'm on my 3rd, and last, month on my gift sub and I've been able to review all the products in every box. Also, any box that ships after the 10th is subject to delays in box contents posting. It should ship by the 10th next month and update on the 10th, and be immediately reviewable.
Some clarification, please. So if you give a box to yourself, you (when you receive the gift box) can review it on your new account? That makes more sense. I was reading the question as if she can review a box that was bought on her account, but given to someone else.

yes it was given to someone else but i created the email address for her and created her own birchbox account and profile for her

she doesnt use a computer so i am wondering if i can log into the account i created as my aunt to review the items since she would have no clue and wouldnt do it if she knew how haha

thank you ladies for the help >:eek:p

Back